Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

Great pics! :)

Thanks wiigirl!

That little shopping excursion -- the Germany sweatshirt and world showcase t-shirt -- I want!!! :thumbsup2

I know me too! Wished I would have at least gotten the sweatshirt, even though it's for Men.

All the food in Germany looked soooo good. And it did seem like there wasn't enough bread for that Bratwurst :lmao: When I saw the eating/drinking around the world shirt, my first thought was maybe, just maybe, my DH would wear that since he says the thing he wants to do most on the next trip is drink around the world... But if your Disney-loving DH won't wear it, I don't think I have a chance... :rotfl:

Hey you never know! Bobby may really like that shirt and wear it! I really liked it.

Yay! You're staying at the Bellagio! Oh soooo nice. :) Check out Sensi for dinner there. One of my favorites. If you are in the mood for a 4 diamond steakhouse, Prime is beyond amazing. I know, so many choices within a square block how can you choose?

Back to your TR... Yummmmm strudel and the caramel drizzled PB cookie. I am familiar with the practice of taking one small bite but the moment you put it away you are compelled to take just one more.. and one more... and then what happened to it?

Great family photos. Your little guy looks content to much on the strap. :)

Ok I have to say that now I'm obsessed with figuring out your sock bun. Adorable on you of course but on me I'd look like a doodle bop. You are ever adorable!

Hi Brenda! I'm so ridiculously excited to stay at the Bellagio! It looks gorgeous and i'm so happy it's right in the middle of everything.

The sock bun is so stinkin' easy, it's embarrassing. I think it would look so cute on you! You should definitely youtube sock bun one day:thumbsup2

It's been a little crazy around here and at work with Tax season, so it's been hard to get on the DIS. But things should get back to normal here within the next few days but a few good things have happened within the past couple days:

1) We're booked at the Grand Californian Villas, July 14-16, 2014!:cool1: We had 34 points that were going to expire at the end of November and knew we wouldn't get back to WDW in October this year, so started playing around with dates for a studio. Much to my surprise, two nights in a studio in the Summer showed up for 52 points! I grabbed that immediately as I know rooms go quickly. So now we're going for our 8 year anniversary :cloud9: And get this...we may not even get tickets! :faint: Hear me out...lounging by the pool, lunch/drinks at Trader Sams, lounging in the pool/room, dinner at Napa Rose, drinks in the lounge, sleeping with no alarm :cloud9::cloud9: :hyper: DH is thinking that we should at least do a one day park ticket for DCA, but we'll see. Soooo if anyone is down to grab drinks or just meet up for a quick hello, please let me know!

2) I (rather, Calvin!) received such a nice gift last night from an amazing person, Karin (dizneeat) :goodvibes:goodvibes

A Disneyland Paris tshirt, a Disneyland Paris magnet and some of the best coffee flavored chocolate i've ever tasted :faint:

It was actually really cool to think these items came from Paris, the one place in the world that i'm dying to get to someday. Thank you so much Karin!

How cool! We are about to do the exact same thing TOMORROW!!!!!!

I have a massage booked for Thursday and we're having dinner at Steakhouse 55 tomorrow night and Trader Sams Thursday.

I'm around town those days you'll be here and would definitely like to get together. I'll PM you, and might be able to get some pixie dust going, if you're at all interested, but I'll explain later.

Yay for you two Vegas in March and now VGC in July. Both very cool little getaways! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the anniversary celebration! That'll be lovely :) totally understandable to not get park tickets, enjoy the hubby and the hotel.

Fun news!!! I don't think not getting tickets is a crazy idea at all! In fact, I've been asking DH to go to Florida for a long weekend to just get away from this ridiculous winter for a few days. I figured we could use points to stay at the Swan or Dolphin and just relax, swim, eat yummy food, visit resorts, watch Wishes from the Poly beach... (Yup I've got the entire thing planned out even though it's not happening! :rotfl2:) Tickets or not, you'll have a great time! :thumbsup2

I think two days just lounging at the resort sounds divine! The more times we go the more often we build in non-park days and I know that once we've been going a few more years, I can definitely see us at OKW for a week without even going to the parks!

Great news on booking VGC!! And just lounging by the pool sounds like my kind of vacation. .......... well, maybe a one day ticket would be nice though. :rotfl2:

Glad to hear that the small package finally arrived! :thumbsup2

cool news about the Villas reservation - it's great when things like that work out especially for your anniversary! And I see no problem with not going to the parks ... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you both could use a little time of doing, well, nothing ;)

That was so nice that gift for Calivn! Very cool!:thumbsup2

I think your VGC plans sound great and you have plenty of time to decide on the park ticket. Can't let those DVC points go to waste, right? I bet dinner at Napa Rose is going to be wonderful. The pool area also looks lovely. I can't wait to stay there some day.

I think 2 nights no parks sounds perfectly lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can NOT let points go to waste! I am envious that you found yourself in that position :rotfl:

What a lovely gift from Karin and Tom!

Sounds like you have a couple of nice getaways planned!

I wish we could meet up with you at the Grand Californian! It's on our list of places to stay someday - whenever we make it back to Disneyland.

I can definitely see filling a couple days with non-park fun and relaxation. Sounds great!

I think you could definitely have an incredible time just lounging around the hotel and downtown Disney. I would have a hard time not going into the parks though, especially DCA since it's literally right there at the Grand!

I had the lamb from Australia, it was yummy. :thumbsup2

We were at Hollywood Studios that afternoon when it rained like that. We were lucky enough to get into a shop to wait it out.

Lovely PP pics of the three of you.

Yay for booking your Vegas hotel and the short break to the Grand Californian. I think it sounds like a great plan to not do a park and just chill. :)

I'm desperately trying to catch up on everyone's TR's, but it's not going so well :rotfl2:

I think your DL no tickets weekend sounds awesome! Nice and relaxing! And the presents from Tom and Karin are adorable! There's another TR I need to catch up on!

I'm getting ready to start a new PTR... For Disneyland!!! I might be bugging you for tips soon :goodvibes

Two days of lounging sounds like heaven!!! I wouldn't think twice about doing that.

I LOVE your VGC plan in July!!! I have an annual conference at that hotel July 16th - 18th and usually add a day before and after to take advantage of the conference rate soooooo that means I may be there at the same time!! :banana: I would love to meet up if it works out! :yay: Anyhooo... how exciting that the room was available and you can use your points.

How sweet of Karin. :)

How cool! We are about to do the exact same thing TOMORROW!!!!!!

I have a massage booked for Thursday and we're having dinner at Steakhouse 55 tomorrow night and Trader Sams Thursday.

I'm around town those days you'll be here and would definitely like to get together. I'll PM you, and might be able to get some pixie dust going, if you're at all interested, but I'll explain later.

Yay for you two Vegas in March and now VGC in July. Both very cool little getaways! :

I saw some of your pics on FB! Hope you had fun and i'd love to get together if you're around those dates...I know you're always so busy with other trips and the house, so let me know!:goodvibes

Great news about the short break in July! Enjoy!

Thanks PIO! Definitely looking forward to it.

Congrats on the anniversary celebration! That'll be lovely totally understandable to not get park tickets, enjoy the hubby and the hotel.

Right now it just sounds so relaxing...watch, I get there and i'm like, "But Disneyland is RIGHT THERE! I NEED TICKETS!":rotfl2:

Some day, we will make it out to Disneyland! How exciting to have a trip booked!

You will make it out here someday! Then our boys can meet up:goodvibes

Fun news!!! I don't think not getting tickets is a crazy idea at all! In fact, I've been asking DH to go to Florida for a long weekend to just get away from this ridiculous winter for a few days. I figured we could use points to stay at the Swan or Dolphin and just relax, swim, eat yummy food, visit resorts, watch Wishes from the Poly beach... (Yup I've got the entire thing planned out even though it's not happening! :rotfl2:) Tickets or not, you'll have a great time!

:rotfl2: You do have it all planned out!

I think two days just lounging at the resort sounds divine! The more times we go the more often we build in non-park days and I know that once we've been going a few more years, I can definitely see us at OKW for a week without even going to the parks!

We never have non-park days. It's like a sin to us but it just sounds so nice to not do anything!

Great news on booking VGC!! And just lounging by the pool sounds like my kind of vacation. .......... well, maybe a one day ticket would be nice though.

Glad to hear that the small package finally arrived! :thumbsup2

I'm probably going to change my mind a few days before we go and then i'll be dying for a 2 day PH :lmao:

And thanks again for his package! :goodvibes

cool news about the Villas reservation - it's great when things like that work out especially for your anniversary! And I see no problem with not going to the parks ... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you both could use a little time of doing, well, nothing

That was so nice that gift for Calivn! Very cool!:thumbsup2

Yes! Nothing sounds like heaven:hyper:

I think your VGC plans sound great and you have plenty of time to decide on the park ticket. Can't let those DVC points go to waste, right? I bet dinner at Napa Rose is going to be wonderful. The pool area also looks lovely. I can't wait to stay there some day.

That's what I was thinking. I still have plenty of time to decide about getting tickets. Knowing me, i'm sure I'll want them. Actually surprised that DH suggested getting a one day ticket for DCA :confused3 Perhaps I should take him up on that!

I think 2 nights no parks sounds perfectly lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can NOT let points go to waste! I am envious that you found yourself in that position :rotfl:

What a lovely gift from Karin and Tom!

And can you believe we were actually considering just letting go of those points?:scared: Glad is was fine with borrowing some!

It was so nice of them to think of Calvin while away on their trip!

Sounds like you have a couple of nice getaways planned!

I wish we could meet up with you at the Grand Californian! It's on our list of places to stay someday - whenever we make it back to Disneyland.

I can definitely see filling a couple days with non-park fun and relaxation. Sounds great!

Ooh I hope you can come visit someday! Would love to meet you, Dug and of course, Izzy :goodvibes

I think you could definitely have an incredible time just lounging around the hotel and downtown Disney. I would have a hard time not going into the parks though, especially DCA since it's literally right there at the Grand!

I know! Watch, I end up going overboard and buying an annual pass! :rotfl2:

I had the lamb from Australia, it was yummy. :thumbsup2

We were at Hollywood Studios that afternoon when it rained like that. We were lucky enough to get into a shop to wait it out.

Lovely PP pics of the three of you.

Yay for booking your Vegas hotel and the short break to the Grand Californian. I think it sounds like a great plan to not do a park and just chill. :)

That rain was vicious! At least you were in a more enclosed area unlike where we were, in a tent!

I'm desperately trying to catch up on everyone's TR's, but it's not going so well :rotfl2:

I think your DL no tickets weekend sounds awesome! Nice and relaxing! And the presents from Tom and Karin are adorable! There's another TR I need to catch up on!

I'm getting ready to start a new PTR... For Disneyland!!! I might be bugging you for tips soon :goodvibes

Hi Steph! It's so hard to get caught up, I know! Yay please bug me with questions whenever you have them!

Two days of lounging sounds like heaven!!! I wouldn't think twice about doing that.

Hi Gina! Doesn't it? Even right now, in this gloomy weather, the warm sun by the pool sounds perfect!

I LOVE your VGC plan in July!!! I have an annual conference at that hotel July 16th - 18th and usually add a day before and after to take advantage of the conference rate soooooo that means I may be there at the same time!! :banana: I would love to meet up if it works out! :yay: Anyhooo... how exciting that the room was available and you can use your points.

How sweet of Karin. :)

YAY! :cool1: I would absolutely love to get together! As the time gets closer, we'll definitely talk :goodvibes

If you can believe I have so more news!

No i'm not pregnant :lmao: However I just found out this morning that another one of my close friends is 12 weeks pregnant :cool1: This Summer is going to be filled with babies and me being broke:lmao:. As of now:

SIL - 12 weeks
Best Friend - 13 weeks
Other Friend - 12 weeks

:hyper::faint:

What I want to know is, what was in the water in November?! :lmao::rotfl2:

Anyways, that's not my news.

Right now we're booked in a Dedicated 2 bedroom at AKV Kidani January 2-5, 2015! :cool1::yay: We need to wait for DH's school schedule but figured I would secure it just in case.

His parents had hinted a while back about wanting to go one day, so we booked this and we'll be asking them about these dates and if they'd want to go. If they do decide to go, they would only be able to go for a few nights, which is why we only have 3 nights booked. Of course, DH and I are going to stay longer, but we want to look at other resorts and since it's too early to look elsewhere, nothing is booked.

Obviously, nothing is set in stone yet but would rather have something planned way ahead of time than nothing at all at the last minute. We're looking at 8 nights total - 3 nights AKV, 5 nights - :confused3

But thought i'd bring these dates up, in case someone is going to be there for a DIS meet! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter