Food at HNL airport

Disney_Fan_01

Mouseketeer
We have our return flight scheduled for 5:15PM from HNL. Based on the latest COVID travel rules, American Airlines is not offering food to passengers unless booked in business class. I was wondering if there is anything open at the airport to pick up prior to the long flight. I know there is a Starbucks there, not sure if it is currently open.

We got Katsu Sandos from Ulu Cafe before we left. They were pretty delish!

Katsu sandos! Yum, we’re having Miso katsu and egg salad sandos as we speak for dinner! I didn’t make them, I bought them at the local Japanese sandwich shop. Now I really can’t wait for my Sept trip.

I’d stop at the deli in Kapolei along the way for sandwiches. When we were waiting for our Hawaiian Airlines flight home, the best option were sandwiches and a hummus plate out of a vending machine at the airport. It was actually very fresh and good, but still. There was also a restaurant open but the menu was limited and didn’t look that good.

We have a 10+ hour flight home to Toronto so we always build an extra hour into stopping to eat just before the airport.
There is a great little strip mall we go to and we usually fill the rental car with gas there too.
We started doing this because I try to book our flights home as late as possible so we can get the most of the last day and we find that most things close at HNL airport by 9/10pm.

https://www.moanaluashoppingcenter.com/
Use 930 Valkenburgh St Honolulu, HI 96818 to Google map it and you can see how close it is to the airport

There is a Panda Express, McDonalds, Subway, Ruby Tuesdays, Starbucks amongst other things.

I was there last month and the only food you could buy was at Starbucks and Burger King. That was it. Also it took quite a long time to get through the Starbucks line.

We landed at 3:30pm this past Saturday, March 20. Nothing was open. Not even Starbucks or Burger King. I say get food before you get to the airport because you just never know!

Thanks for asking the question, and for those sharing their experiences. I didn't realize almost all food options are closed at the airport, because I usually buy food to take on the plane with me at the airport. Guess I need to plan differently now.

Great3

We flew out on Friday night. The only thing open was Burger King and a bookstore.
We flew out Saturday afternoon. The bookstores (3 by the same name) were open. Burger King, Starbucks, California Pizza Kitchen, PGA Restaurant, and a Chinese type restaurant were open (we didn't eat there, but were served meals on our Delta flights (in coach)). We boarded at 3:30 if that helps anyone.

We flew out Saturday afternoon. The bookstores (3 by the same name) were open. Burger King, Starbucks, California Pizza Kitchen, PGA Restaurant, and a Chinese type restaurant were open (we didn't eat there, but were served meals on our Delta flights (in coach)). We boarded at 3:30 if that helps anyone.

They did say that more places would be opening up in April. I'm happy for everyone that is traveling will have more options!

They did say that more places would be opening up in April. I'm happy for everyone that is traveling will have more options!
Me too! I hope that they restore all of the shops soon too- I was disappointed that I couldn't get my pineapple before I boarded my flight and had to have it sent to me instead.

Me too! I hope that they restore all of the shops soon too- I was disappointed that I couldn't get my pineapple before I boarded my flight and had to have it sent to me instead.
Haha that's what we said! We even brought a Hydro Flask backpack cooler so we could put it in. So bummed! :rotfl2:

Nothing is open in the airport, except one or two stores where you can buy chips and soda. Everything is different than normal because they have terminals set up to inspect everyone's COVID test results.

Nothing is open in the airport, except one or two stores where you can buy chips and soda. Everything is different than normal because they have terminals set up to inspect everyone's COVID test results.
There were also a couple of restaurants open, as mentioned in my above post. From experience, last week.

There were also a couple of restaurants open, as mentioned in my above post. From experience, last week.

That's good, glad they're opening up. I also wasn't there until 8 pm for a 9:30 departure, so maybe things were just clsoed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter