Food Left in Room?

I've found food in the cabinet above the fridge at both OKW and BWV. One time it was a box of biscuit mix, another time a box of pasta. I think both were opened.

Sammie said:
Did you let housekeeping know about the stain so they could clean it?

We did let housekeeping know about it. They were so busy that week, though (I had to call and ask 3 times for a collander and high chair) that they didn't get to it while we were there. Hopefully they took care of it between guests...

It seemed like they kept thinking we were at OKW instead of SSR. I presume there is some central housekeeping number that gets called, but every time I called they thought I was at OKW. That may have been part of the problem with my delays...

Sammie said:
Did you let housekeeping know about the stain so they could clean it?
Yes, the man who looked at it said they had already tried to clean it but couldn't get it out. That is why I thought it might have been marker.

I have always left unopened food on the counter in a grocery bag, that way the housekeeper can decide if they want it or toss it. Opened stuff gets tossed no matter what!

DVCJEN said:
Yes, the man who looked at it said they had already tried to clean it but couldn't get it out. That is why I thought it might have been marker.

Thanks, I love that location and was hoping it would be well taken care of my both of you. :flower:

It was certainly not something that would keep me out of that room - just a small red mark on the floor in the entryway, a few feet in from the door. We LOVED room 1111 (a 2BR) and I would definitely request it again - great view of PI and such a short walk to DTD. The only bad thing is the long walk to the Springs pool (I have DD5 and DS2 so the zero-depth entry of that pool along with the splash pad makes it better for us than the quiet pool). But of course you can't have it both ways!!

I, too, wish there was some way to leave stuff for the next occupant. We just left OKW and had leftover detergent, softener, dryer sheets. Too bad there couldn't be a box in one of the closets where you could put items that either were unopened or in the case of detergent items still usable.

Cyn

dianeschlicht said:
We always toss opened stuff and usually try to catch someone just arriving to give unopened food to. If we can't find anyone, we just leave it on the counter for the cleaning staff.

We do the same. Amazing at times to find someone to take an unopened case of soda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter