Food/Snacks you need to plan (or not plan) on eating

eleven24

DVC AKV 2007
Just got back from a 4 day Disney weekend trip with the kids & we made an effort to try new foods this trip. We originally had a "field of 32" NCAA style bracket for each of the 4 parks to determine the best food item, but our 32 food items in 4 days would've been tough, if not super expensive! Thought it would be fun to hear some other views on what snacks/foods a must have. Below is our average ranking of each on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being "I'm never getting this again" to 5 being "This might make me want to go to this park just to eat this".

Feel free to add your own, here's ours:

5.0 - Fruit & Nutella Waffle - MK Sleepy Hollow - this was almost a 5 just from anticipation & it didn't disappoint. So much that we're planning on making them at home

4.3 - BBQ Mac & Cheese w/Pork - AK Flame Tree BBQ - Pro tip - walk down side of building, turn right at gorilla, quick left and down to the red umbrellas for seating.

4.2 - Cinnamon roll bites w/Cream cheese icing & bacon bits - EP Sunshine Griddle (Flower & Garden). The bacon seemed to be a ridiculous addition at first, but clearly the creator of this item knows what they're doing. The filing of the bites was unexpected, and completely made them a must eat. This one left us arguing over who got the 4th bite. Dad won.

4.0 - Night Blossom - AK Pongu Pongu. Both kids (18 and 11) had this. I don't understand their ranking and plan on contesting the results.

4.0 - Kaki Gori - EP Japan Kabuki Cafe. Shaved ice. Again, both kids. They must like cold sugar.

4.0 - Mini Funnel Cake w/Cheesecake ice cream & blueberries. Very good but definitely not something you can share among 3 people. One would think after inhaling a Kaki Gori the kids wouldn't have interest in my funnel cake. Nope. At this point I had one child transforming in to Cornholio from all of the sugar (Parental Disclaimer: I do not condone such sugar consumption outside the walls of WDW, but it does provide quite the entertaining evening and the sugar crash on the bus provides exquisite silence)

3.7 - Ronto Breakfast Wrap - HS Ronto's Roasters - Dare I say, better than the Mickey Waffle?

3.6 - Raspberry Pineapple swirl Dole Whip float. We're an old school Pineapple only Dole Whip family and often scoff at the "twisties" walking by. They have reason to have that Cheshire Cat tail eating grin on their faces. RP Whip is pretty good (though the original Pinapple is always a 5.0)

3.6 - Kamal's Dumplings - AK Mr. Kamal's. We always blew past this path side stand on the way to Everest. Not anymore. Dumplings were really good & left us wanting more than 1 each (There are 3 in a basket).

3.5 - Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich (Raspberry) - EP France L'Artisan des Glaces - Great small little snack and the raspberry (seasonal flavor) was outstanding

2.7 - Kamal's Fries - AK Mr. Kamal's. A lower score, yes. But they're fries. Nothing spectacular about them, but they do go well with the Dumplings.

2.5 - Spring Rolls - MK Spring Roll cart. Cheesesteak much better than the pepperoni, but maybe that's because we're from the Philly area. A little greasy and disappointing given the high praise some have for these.

2.0 - Cheshire Cat Tail - (temporarily at) MK Cosmic Ray's - Outside of Disney we'd love this thing, but as my 19yo said, "it's something we can get at any bakery at home".

2.0 - Blue Milk - HS Milk Stand - Kids got the standard version, I got the "adult" version which a square glass apparently signifies. None of us thought it was that great. If not for it being a cold drink on a hot day, Blue Milk may have dipped below the 2.0 level

2.0 - Potato Pancakes - EP Germany Bauernmarkt (Flower & Garden) - We tried both the apple sauce and ham versions of these & weren't that impressed. Apple Sauce ranked higher than the ham version.

1.7 - Frushi - EP Japan - In theory it sounded good, but the rice with the fruit was an odd texture. Taste was ok, but we're not a fan

1.7 - School Bread - EP Norway Kringla Bakery - We took this one to room and ate it the next morning as to avoid a food coma. Both kids had the same reaction at seeing the coconut on top - EWW I hate coconout. They didn't want to try it the next morning, until I threatened to sing every Sonny Eclipse song on every ride that day. Begrudgingly they ate some. I gave it a 3. Both kids a 1.

1.0 - Citrus Swirl - MK Sunshine Tree Terrace - The bitterness of the orange was jarring. I know this may be more offensive than talking politics to some, but we did not like it at all.

And there you have it. Now, if you don't mind, I have to get back on the Peloton bike for another 29 hours to work off all of the food.

Thanks for this! My husband and I are doing adults only F&W trip in October. Only our second time for the festival and the first time we were ill prepared to say the least...we overestimated how much we could eat in a day and underestimated how much it would cost lol. So planning to do more research this time around for sure...I like the bracket idea!

Thanks for the review! DH & I are about 6 weeks away from our trip & are obsessing over menus & snacks. Thought we had it almost right but your descriptions are making me want to add a few of your items & ditch some of ours. Love the bracket idea as well!

Great breakdown! I agree with most but the cheeseburger spring rolls have my heart and I will throw fisticuffs if needed.

Citrus swirl FLOAT is the move. The Fanta sweetens and lightens up the whole thing.

I’m not a huge French fry fan but loved the Kamal fries with the saffron aioli. Until they bring that back I’m on strike.

Last edited:
I have a few comments - Schoolbread must be eaten fresh, otherwise it's terrible! At MK our family loves the sweet cream cheese stuffed pretzels, the coconut dole whip, cheeseburger and pepperoni eggrolls and the nutella fruit waffles. At AK we loved the buffalo chicken nachos and churros (for some reason they are so good)!. Epcot we loved the Kaki Gori and blueberry cream cheese mousse. Didn't try anything at AK.

Great write-up. This post has everything. The absolute correctness on the blue milk (green is better, neither is worth getting again). The absolute wrong take on school bread (which you let sit and go stale, how dare you - should have removed the coconut hating kids vote and left this at the 3 at least).

Snacks to get -
Num Num cookie. Yes, it’s just a basic chocolate chunk cookie but it’s tasty and massive for sharing.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse from Pandora. I wanted it because it was “pretty”. Surprise hit and probably THE best thing we tried last trip.
Snacks to skip -
The snack plate thing from Oga’s. It’s like they just threw together “weird” stuff for looks. Nothing tasted good, it just existed.
Churros. There I said it. DL has churros made of magic. WDW has churros made of sadness.

And there you have it. Now, if you don't mind, I have to get back on the Peloton bike for another 29 hours to work off all of the food.
Might I suggest Kendall’s Movie Buff Ride from last month to keep with the Disney Theme? 😀

Great write-up. This post has everything. The absolute correctness on the blue milk (green is better, neither is worth getting again). The absolute wrong take on school bread (which you let sit and go stale, how dare you - should have removed the coconut hating kids vote and left this at the 3 at least).

Snacks to get -
Num Num cookie. Yes, it’s just a basic chocolate chunk cookie but it’s tasty and massive for sharing.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse from Pandora. I wanted it because it was “pretty”. Surprise hit and probably THE best thing we tried last trip.

We couldn't find the num num cookie, but then again didn't really look that hard. It was on our list though. As for freshness on the school bread - we bought it just before park closed, left Epcot and put it in refrigerator at our room at Bay Lake. Regardless, the kids saw coconut and already decided they didn't like it.

The blue milk - the consistency reminded me of Pepto Bismol tossed in a blender with some ice

Last edited:
Love this post!

Did you try the standard Ronto wrap? I personally like it better than the breakfast version, much more flavorful with the slaw.

everything about this thread is awesome.
Our favorite MK item from our trip this past year was the Peter Pan Float from Storybook Treats
at HS- it was the Ronto Wrap
AK was either the Pongo Lumpia or the Simba Sunset (we just love the dole whip specialty floats)
Epcot doesn't count because it was food booth season and there were so many good ones that you can't choose..

First time I've ordered the Chicken waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hallow, it's a definite addition on my MK days if not eating at a monorail hotel instead.
Gideon's cookies - one and done for me, didn't like them all that much, not worth the price or line for me.
Those cinnamon roll bites however were the best thing I ate at the Flower and Garden Festival!

Citrus swirl...We totally agree. We couldn’t believe how many people have said they like it. It is really bitter. Couldn’t finish it and had to throw it away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter