Food to bring from home - be CREATIVE!!!

If the doctor's can't figure out what is causing these crazy hives on my body then I will be bring rice cakes, peanut butter, wheat-milk-egg free snacks. If they do figure it out and i can get off this crazy diet, I will bring grits, cheese & crackers, some wine. We also bring a hot pot and an foldable cooler -

On the side - Atleast today one of those hive is a hidden Mickey! LOL

:) BAS

I recently found quaker oatmeal in its own indiv. bowl, just add water. I also had some B1G1Free coupons so I bought them and will take with us.

TIG :D

1. The Easy-Mac is a must. My dd's favorite.

2. Graham cracker sandwiches. You can assemble these there. Take gc's and a can of your favorite frosting. (Cream Cheese or vanilla are my favorites with this-kids like choc). 2 gc squares-spread frosting between. My grandma made me these when I was a kid and it's always been a favorite treat.

3. The Easy Cheese (ds likes cheddar-I like american) but with Chik-n-biscuit crackers. This is our "motel food". We always buy this on any trip. The kids at school love it too!

cheerldr.gif

<font size="4"><font color="purple"><font face="Book Antiqua">
<marquee> Inaugural Member Of the WDW Resort
Cheerleaders!!</marquee></font></font></font>

Bring along flavored tea bags for your afternoon breaks by the pool. Bring a large, clear plastic pitcher or jar. For the trip down to WDW, you can pack the jar with eatable goodies or wearable goodies to save room. During your afternoon break, fill the jar with water, add your flavored tea bags and set it in the sun. After your break, but the pitcher on some ice and you have a nice cold drink for the evening and when you get back from the parks. Goes great with Chocolate chip rice cakes!

I have a chocoholic daughter and we were in WDW in August. I brilliantly (I thought) brought a case of Dunk-a-Roos for in park snacks (no melting). Well, my DD and her friend were a little embarassed to be eating "little kid" food when these three college guys saw them and went crazy! (Something to the effect of "Whoah, Dunkaroos rock!") Well, we generously shared and my DD proudly fished out her Dunkaroos for the rest of the trip. Why is it that opinion of a group of total strangers outweighs that of a loving mom every time?

Jennifer
:D

Good idea about the tea and the container!! Haven't seen that one before, and we love sun tea.
Here's a few others:
Trail mix:
1 can raisins
1/2 bag pretzel sticks
1 bag peanuts and 1 bag any other you prefer
1 small bag M and M's

Sugar-free kool-aid
any of the snackables lunches
tuna salad and cracker packs
minute maid cans of juice to be reconstituted and Tang if you like it

We like to take sliced deli ham/turkey &
sliced cheese, then wrap in a tortilla.
It doesn't get squashed like bread!!

We drive down to Disney, so we are able to stop at our Sams Wholesale Club, before we go.

We always bring:

1.) Case of bottled water.
2.) Case of juice boxes for my ds.
3.) Case of beer for fridge in room.
4.) Box of fruit chewy snacks
5.) Granola Bars

This year I will bring less snacks than I did last year. We always seem to bring too much and then not eat them, and have to lug them home.

Other ideas for your room:

1.) Popcorn
2.) Twizzlers :)
3.) Fruit
4.) PB&J's (on almost everyone's list)
5.) Tortilla Chips with salsa and melted shredded cheese!!! YUMMY!!!

How about:

Turkey rollups - spread sliced turkey with a thin layer of cream cheese, add a few olives (slicing them makes it easier to eat)or sliced sweet pickle and roll up

Quesadillas - flat tortilla, shredded cheese, salsa and jalapeno peppers - microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese, or just roll up and eat

Ritz crackers with that dispenser can cheese (do they still make this) and an olive on top (used to live on this in HS)

Rice cakes with peanut butter and sliced banana or apple.

Make k-bobs - with canned pineapple chunks, cheese chunks, olives, ham cubes, etc on a tooth pick.

Most of these are things we like to have in the room at night with a bottle of wine from the WalMart (the super WalMart on 192 has a not too bad wine selection).

Almost forgot - try strawberries, dipped in plain or vanilla yogurt and then in raw sugar (the brown kind, kind of coarse). Yum!

I think I'm getting pretty good at this, well for the last 3 visits! I pack a large collapsable cooler and take it as a carry on and store it in overhead. It just fits! ha
I pack it with:
box capri drinks
cereal
crackers/cheese
can black olives
can smoked oysters/crackers (thanks Heidi, don't know how I forgot this in the past!)
caramel dip and apples
bananas
peanut butter mmmmm with banana!)
celery
granola bars
cheez-its
Ritz-bits (cheese or peanut butter)
coffee/dry creamer/filters
applesauce cups
jello/pudding cups
chips/salsa
peanuts and/or can smoked almonds (go with that beer!)
beer (I just bring down a sixpack and get more there)
teddy grahams
raisins
CAN OPENER, PLASTIC BOWLS, SPOONS,FORKS,KNIVES
BRING THOSE REFILLABLE MUGS IF STAYING AT THAT SAME RESORT!

Now I may not bring all of these items but this is a list I go by (I may be forgetting something). Once we check in we emply the cooler and put in entertainment center shelves and fill the cooler with ice from down the hall, and put in the beer and anything else you want to keep cold and pick up 1/2 gallon of milk at resort to put in also) WE empty this ea day and refill with fresh ice!
Upn returning home we clean it out and refill it with souvenirs or whatever we need room for!

WHO NEEDS CONCIERGE OR A FRIDGE!!!!! LOL!!!!!!:smooth: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

We're doing it a little bit different. We're going to Disneyland and we're camping. We'll have an airstream and a tent. We'll bring the snacks like

capri sun (dd lives on the stuff)
fruit snacks
banannas
fruit roll ups
lunchables
tuna in packs with the crackers, relish and mayo
slim jims
hot dogs
rolled up cold cuts with cream cheese
chips and salsa
tortillas with vegetable cream cheese wrapped up and cut into 1/2 inch sections---YUMMY!!

and for the main entrees we're bringing our crock pot and frozen dinners that I will have made up just before the trip. I'll put them in a zip loc bags so all we have to do is pop it in the crock pot before we leave for the parks and put it on low and by the time we return at night we'll have a hot meal with little to no effort on my part!!! Dunno what kind of meals I'll make yet. Probably some stew, homemade chili, some pasta, and some casseroles. This will save us major $$$$

Heres one of our favorites!!

Little Debbie - Star Crunch-12 indivaully wrapped treats-bought on sale $1. to $1.25 They are a chocolaty,carmaly,krispy tasting treat.

We carried them to the parks everyday!! :p

The other big hit was the 3' sandwich w/roast beef we bought Fresh made at the Super Wal-Mart!! We took it back to hotel room and cut it into 3" pieces and feasted!!:)

Our favorite Disney Treat in the Parks was the Frozen Lemonaide!!!!! Wow that was so refeshing and good,not too sweet!!

well this year we will be at the Residence Inn and have a full kitchen. That will take awhile to adjust to since we're usually just in a hotel room. But I told DH not to fool himself into thinking that I am cooking!! LOL

In the past when DD was younger we would pack a small childs size backpack with a few PB&J sandwiches a can of pringles and one can of coke. Now keep in mind that this was in the winter so the coke didn't explode!! We would put it in the locker at the front and when we were hungry we rode the train around and got it out and had our lunch. The coke was of course warm so we always went and bought a drink and then used that as a refill. Now I know there is the no food in parks rule but I can honestly say that back then I didn't know that and no one ever said a word to us.

I can't remember who mentioned it but if you watch the K-mart ads they sometimes have the Mickey and Pluto (and other) fruit snacks BOGOF!

We like to take micro popcorn and use the food court micro. Act III makes a great microwave caramel popcorn(have only found this at Super Wal-marts). It's a great special treat!! I make pb crackers (ritz) and put them in the canisters like Crystal Lite comes in to prevent breaking in the back pack. The kids get to pick out candy at the dollar store before the trip to pack in their fanny packs.

Lets see

WE have done

2 12 packs of canned beverage (usually Diet Pepsi and some Iced Tea)
muffins
prewrapped danishes (Tastykake variety)
Go Gurts (we froze them and then put them in the cooler--turned into a yogurt slushie/smoothie consistency)
Fruit Snacks (you know like in the shape of sharks, etc..)
We had a Buy one Get one Free sale at the grocery of Fruit Rollups and fruit by the Foot..
I bought the Disney Princesses and the Mickey Mouse ones

You can do Egg Beaters in the micro as well. Just put them into a styrofoam or plastic cup...

We brought Lunchables for the kids for Lunch.. so that helped as well.

Capri Suns
Pudding in a pack
Yogurt
Fruit

A couple years ago we stayed at DL for 3 weeks. To save money on food we took a small teflon electric fry pan. Just before we left I partially cooked spaghetti and froze it in a zip lock bag, also froze the amount of tomato sauce needed for it in zip lock bag. Froze partially cooked chicken cutlet, pre-cooked breakfast sausage, some other items I can't remember what. Also took lunch meat and cheese (not frozen)
Packed all frozen items and refrigerated items in small cooler with several freezer packs. When we got to DL we went to the Gourmet Pantry in the village and got bread, eggs, milk, etc. We only had to heat the sauce in the fry pan and throw in the spaghetti for a few minutes. Cooking the food was a snap and clean up was easy. You can do this at DL in the AB area without a problem because you have your own entrance and its not a "cooridor" type hotel. We also took dry breakfast items. Purchased beer in the hotel store, cheaper than buying it in their food court.

Aside from the obvious snacks in individual packages and premade from home in snack size sandwich bags, I have 2 other suggestions for meals in the hotel room without needing a microwave:

You can make grilled cheese, tuna/ham and cheese or pizza sandwiches (even ruebens!) by making them just as you would at home, but wrapping them in heavy duty foil and using an iron to "grill" each side!

When DH and I went in February, we each had a 22" carryon for the week. We packed enough underwear/sox for 7 days, and 3 sets of shorts/shirts, wore our jeans. I had room in my carryon for my SLOW COOKER. It is the kind that has a base that can be used as a griddle, then the pot, then the cover. It is rectangular shaped, and I packed my underwear and sox right inside the pot part.

(If I hadn't had room for it, I considered buying a "cheap" $10 crockpot and leaving it -- think of the money it'd save a family in the long run instead of eating dinner out!)

Some very simple meals are:

Frozen or thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts with tomato soup and italian spices (don't dilute the soup) OR cream of mushroom soup. Just dump the soup over the chicken and cook on low all day. Can serve with instant mashed potatoes (or rice, if you DO have a micro or hot pot).

Put frozen OR thawed beef or pork roast in crock/slow cooker, pour some italian dressing on top (1/4 to 1/2 cup), then a can of beef broth. (can add chopped onion too, if you want). Cook on low all day. Shred with two forks and serve as "French dips" (or to pork add BBQ sauce for BBQ pork sandwiches) on hard rolls or buns. (THIS is a family favorite at home too!)

Cook "mexican beans" in the crock (or buy canned ones if you have a micro to heat them in). Put on a tortilla with cheese and you have burritos!

I love taco salad without meat -- I used kidney, pinto or black beans instead. Just buy lettuce, tomato, (onions), shredded cheddar, tortilla chips, french or western dressing and canned beans (drain the beans). I think it tastes better to make individual salads and just "layer" the ingredients rather than mixing it all together...

Well, there's just a FEW of the things we've done!

When we went in February, our flight wasn't until Noon, so I whipped up a pan of rice krispie treats, and individually wrapped each in saran wrap. They were good for breakfast and to take in the parks--don't use chocolate, obviously!
Oh, and don't fly with beer cans in your luggage--my brother had to do laundry the first night!:rolleyes:

When my fiance and I stayed at ASM for 8 days in June 1999, we flew from here in Canada so we couldn't take any fresh produce. But we took an entire suitcase full of packaged food. We took a cloth type suitcase cooler fthat we got at Eddie Bauer and it fit at the bottom on the suitcase. We filled it with ice every day kept out bottle water and juice boxes and milk we bought down ther ein it. we also brought a small electric kettle to boil water in.

The food we brought was as follows:

instant oatmeal
cereal in the single serving little boxes
ramen noodles in the cups
nutragrain bars for breakfast
juice boxes
powdered gatorade (to mix with the water from the water fountains in the parks in our water bottle)
instant pasta things in their own bowls
crackers
cookies
dried fruit (lots of dried mango pieces...mmmmmmm)

this is about what I can remember, I think we wished we'd have brought more. We ate breakfast in the room every day and sometimes supper or late night snack. Saved us a ton of money.

we are goign for 10 days for our honeymoon in Spetmeber and plan on takign even mor efood, thanks for all the ideas in this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter