Food & Wine Festival

MichaelH

DIS Veteran/Disney Fan
My wife and I are going to Disney in October. We have been several time, however, this will be the first time for the Food & Wine Festival. I was hoping that some of you who have been could tell me a little about it? Thanks.

Small booths are set up all around Epcot WS. Each represents a country, not limited to the countries in WS (there was a Russia booth last year). Two or three entrees are available and some offer local beer and/or wine as well.

You'll get a small plate with a small portion for $3 or $4. It's not a bargain but it is a lot of fun to work your way around the world until you get full.

Some menus change from year to year and some seem to stay the same. If they're offered again this year we can recommend Tacos al Carbon at Mexico, Dim Sum at China, Chicken Satay near China (Thailand booth, maybe?) and Jerk Chicken at the Caribbean booth.

The Tapestry of Nations parade causes some problems moving between booths, but you can adjust for that.

There's also a big dinner held at the Odyssey with wine tastings and multiple courses. We've never done it.

Thanks for the Reply. That sounds like a lot to fun. My wife and I will have to try the Odyssey dinner for sure. Where do you make the reservations for the Odyssey? Can you call ahead and make your reservations, like you can at the resturaunts at Disney?

Food & Wine Fest is our favorte time to go we say that we eat & drink our way around the world.
I always try new foods and wine it is a great way to go!
I think WDW should set up something like this is the build they used for 2000 and make it like a food court where you could try many things at one time.

My wife and I absolutely love the food and wine festival. If you have time you could make ressies for one of the evening dinners and enjoy a special meal and presentation by top chefs. Or you could go and take complimentary wine tastings at one of the wine tasting tents along the world showcase.

My wife and I are leaving to go down to WDW on September 28. It was a really tough decision not to wait and go a little later so that we could catch the food and wine festival. But, alas, our Mississippi State Bulldogs are playing against the Florida Gators on Sept 29 in Gainesville and we have to go early so that we could drive up and see that game.

You will enjoy it. Plan on taking at least 2 afternoons in at Epcot for it.

The last two years they had a WDW booth were just about every other day they featured a different restaurant in WDW. The booth was located to the left as you entered world showcase. The chicken satay in peanut sauce was at the southeast asia booth and they had perogies(sp?) and kielbasa at the poland booth. I go to Epcot at least 4 times a week during the Food and Wine festival.

There is an interesting article about the Food & Wine Festival in the Summer 2001 issue of the Disney Magazine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter