Food, Wine, MNSSHP, Harry Potter-Oct 2010 {waiting to book dining & my crazy cat p.7}

Which is your favorite sunset shot from January?

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3137.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3168.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3170.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3162.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3146.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3136.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3135.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2590.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2624.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2619.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2429.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2426.jpg[/IMG]

Results are only viewable after voting.
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:
I'm convinced Isis is part Dingo. :rotfl: How much does Dakota weigh? Isis is about 70 pounds...though I think she has gained weight because John has become her personal cookie dispenser. :lmao:

That's funny...we call Cody a Dingo too...sometimes ask her if she ate the babeee...She is around 60 or so...may be more though now because in her old age she likes to laze around more that before but that old lady dog who limps is she sleeps on one side too long sure can take off out the door fast enough is a squirel or bunny is in the back of the yard or if the snow plow or mail truck goes by!!!

That's funny...we call Cody a Dingo too...sometimes ask her if she ate the babeee...She is around 60 or so...may be more though now because in her old age she likes to laze around more that before but that old lady dog who limps is she sleeps on one side too long sure can take off out the door fast enough is a squirel or bunny is in the back of the yard or if the snow plow or mail truck goes by!!!

That is SO funny! What are the odds of meeting another Dingo owner? :rotfl:
Isis is the same way, too, that if she sees any small animal she will take off like a rocket running after it. I can't let her off-leash because there would be no neighborhood cats left! :eek:

Hey! April
love all the photos in the poll! that was a hard one...I actually thought I voted for number 8 and somehow screwed that up...oh Well! like I said they are all get hard decision.
sounds like you are off to a great start on watching what you eat! sounds like a fun weekend coming up!
:wave2: Connie

Hey! April
love all the photos in the poll! that was a hard one...I actually thought I voted for number 8 and somehow screwed that up...oh Well! like I said they are all get hard decision.
sounds like you are off to a great start on watching what you eat! sounds like a fun weekend coming up!
:wave2: Connie

Thanks for voting!! I actually wanted to frame one for my stepmom & I can't decide which one to do! I'm going to frame one of the MK for my Aunt's birthday. It's actually this one:
IMG_2858.jpg

She loves anything castle-related. What do you think?

I LOVE THAT PICTURE! did you enhance that or did the water reflect the purple like that?

Thanks! Nope- It wasn't enhanced. That was just how it looked that night. I was surprised that photo came out with my point-and-shoot camera! It was total luck.

Well I didn't Dis much the last few days and I missed the whole Hotwire chatter. I have to admit that, at first, I thought we were about to be given a lesson in hotwiring a car. :rotfl2:

Great museum pictures. Very cool!

The castle picture is absoutely beautiful. I can't believe you got that with your point and shoot. It's fantastic.

I LOVE THAT CASTLE SHOT, it is Postcard perfect :yay::cheer2:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Well I didn't Dis much the last few days and I missed the whole Hotwire chatter. I have to admit that, at first, I thought we were about to be given a lesson in hotwiring a car. :rotfl2:

Great museum pictures. Very cool!

The castle picture is absoutely beautiful. I can't believe you got that with your point and shoot. It's fantastic.

Thanks! It was pure luck.

Not much is going on with the October Trip yet- I’m just waiting for Southwest to come out with airfare for October & for October park hours to come out. I DID, however, sign up for a price watch on rental cars for that time frame on Hotwire- Thank you, RockinDisney! It is all just a waiting game now, which makes me nutty.

This weekend was a little crazy. I was VERY tired Friday after work & tried to nap. That doesn’t work so well, though, when you have a geriatric Siamese cat who is extremely vocal. :laughing: John came over & we went to dinner at a steak house with the BEST salad bar around. He gets his steak & I get my salad & half of a cheese quesadilla. :blush: Saturday I got up WAY too early because Isis has been waking me up on the weekends- now, she doesn’t wake me up because she wants to go out…she wants an animal cracker. :confused: I don’t know why or how this started, but it is making me crazy. I put together my AbCircle Pro & I used it for 35 minutes. It is WAY tougher than it looks! Here it is:

IMG_3374.jpg

Please excuse the hairy carpet. When you have 2 dogs & a cat you can vacuum every day in the Spring, but the hair magically reappears two minutes later.
So while I was using the machine & watching some horrible tv (“Real Housewives of NYC”- trust me when I say there was NOTHING on), this is what the animals were up to:

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

I did ok as far as food goes- I had an egg white omelet for breakfast with tomatoes, scallions, and fresh crushed red pepper; a veggie burger for lunch; sugar snap peas & hummus for a snack; about 40 cups of lemon tea; tons of water & crystal light iced tea; and a veggie sub with mustard & cheese for dinner.

Sunday was pretty much the same- I did EA Sports for the Wii for 48 minutes while the animals slept away after littering the house by pulling out every dog toy we have:

3layersofsleep.jpg

sleepingisis.jpg

I had the same stuff in my omelet for breakfast; Weight Watchers mac & cheese for lunch; more of the same beverages; and I made this enchilada casserole for dinner with black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapenos, cheese, tortillas, enchilada sauce, and spices. I know it is the healthiest, but it isn’t TOO bad. John ate two bowls of it. I watched the Oscars & fell asleep. What an exciting weekend!

This morning I woke up late. I have my alarm set to “radio” and I must have hit the tuner because it was just static- which did NOT wake me up! I got up 30 minutes late today, so I will work through lunch. I will go home, take a quick shower & change, then John & I are off to the MGM Grand at Foxwoods for craftsteak & blackjack (for him). We’re staying overnight & might go to the Titanic artifact exhibit there the next day.

The pets are so cute!!

UUGGGHH to over sleeping on Monday- It makes for a long day!! But sounds like you are going to have a relaxing night!! Have fun!

I'm here, a bit late, but here!

I can't wait to hear all about your plans. I'll be down there at the same time. I'm arriving in Disney on Oct. 1st and staying until the 9th or 10th. Your at least a step ahead of me, because I haven't even picked a hotel yet. The practical side of me is saying just stay at Port Orleans FQ, but the impulsive side wants to stay at BC or BWI because it's one of those big birthdays for me (ending in a zero) at the end of October. I deserve a deluxe on my big 0 birthday right?

I'm going to have to check out those hungry girl cookbooks. I want to lose a bunch of weight before my next trip too.

The pets are so cute!!

UUGGGHH to over sleeping on Monday- It makes for a long day!! But sounds like you are going to have a relaxing night!! Have fun!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm mostly excited because we were able to get a suite DIRT cheap!

I'm here, a bit late, but here!

I can't wait to hear all about your plans. I'll be down there at the same time. I'm arriving in Disney on Oct. 1st and staying until the 9th or 10th. Your at least a step ahead of me, because I haven't even picked a hotel yet. The practical side of me is saying just stay at Port Orleans FQ, but the impulsive side wants to stay at BC or BWI because it's one of those big birthdays for me (ending in a zero) at the end of October. I deserve a deluxe on my big 0 birthday right?

I'm going to have to check out those hungry girl cookbooks. I want to lose a bunch of weight before my next trip too.

That is awesome!!! If we're there at the same time, we will have to get together! You SO deserve a deluxe- especially one with Stormalong Bay & within walking distance to Epcot during F & W!
I've been struggling with my weight since I was 23. I had 1 glorious summer as a size 4 out of the past 11 years. Now I am a 16 (as I had been for most of the past 11 years) & I just feel so uncomfortable. I just want to feel good again. I don't have to be a toothpick- I just need to feel healthy & be able to walk without getting winded.

I have been a size 16 for the last two years- I finally decided enough was enough! So about a month ago I started walking and changed the way I eat. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done but I am making it....The true test comes this month as I get back on the road for work! I have found a lot of support here on the Dis!!-Sorry Aprilisis- didn't mean to high jack, its just nice to know, I am not alone!

I have been a size 16 for the last two years- I finally decided enough was enough! So about a month ago I started walking and changed the way I eat. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done but I am making it....The true test comes this month as I get back on the road for work! I have found a lot of support here on the Dis!!-Sorry Aprilisis- didn't mean to high jack, its just nice to know, I am not alone!

No need to apologize!! It is great to have support and encouragement!! My biggest downfall in dieting- I love my wine. With about 100 calories per glass, it is not diet friendly. :guilty:

It has been easy not to drink at home but I am so with you on the wine esp when I am going to be out at nights talking to folks, not so much my first trip of the year because it is to Orlando and so instead of being social, I am going to disney each night :lmao:

That is awesome!!! If we're there at the same time, we will have to get together! You SO deserve a deluxe- especially one with Stormalong Bay & within walking distance to Epcot during F & W!
I've been struggling with my weight since I was 23. I had 1 glorious summer as a size 4 out of the past 11 years. Now I am a 16 (as I had been for most of the past 11 years) & I just feel so uncomfortable. I just want to feel good again. I don't have to be a toothpick- I just need to feel healthy & be able to walk without getting winded.

That's exactly why I want to stay over there. I'm going to be attempting the 1/2 marathon on the 2nd, so the next day I figure that relaxing by stormalong bay would be pefect.

I've had the same issues with my weight for ages. I think the smallest I've been is a size 10/12. A few years ago I got myself down to a size 12 again, but I've put nearly all the weight back on again. I'm hanging steady at a size 18, but I need to change. I had a rude awakening before I left for vacation last week and a pair of pants I had worn on my Dec. trip were now too tight. I'm hoping training for the 1/2 marathon and fixing bad eating habits will help.

That's exactly why I want to stay over there. I'm going to be attempting the 1/2 marathon on the 2nd, so the next day I figure that relaxing by stormalong bay would be pefect.

I've had the same issues with my weight for ages. I think the smallest I've been is a size 10/12. A few years ago I got myself down to a size 12 again, but I've put nearly all the weight back on again. I'm hanging steady at a size 18, but I need to change. I had a rude awakening before I left for vacation last week and a pair of pants I had worn on my Dec. trip were now too tight. I'm hoping training for the 1/2 marathon and fixing bad eating habits will help.

I had the same awakening when my clothes were starting to feel too tight, too. I figured- rather than buy the next size up, I should start to try to lose some weight. :rolleyes:

I haven’t made any progress on my WDW plans for October. It is frustrating to wait for park hours to come out and for Southwest to release dates past August. It seems like they have been holding at August 13th forever now. While I am waiting for park hours to come out, though, I can give you a mini-TR from our overnight trip to the MGM Grand at Foxwoods. Monday night after work, John & I made the 60 or so mile drive down to the MGM. We took advantage of the free valet parking & checked in quickly. They put us in room 7101- a Director’s Suite. We walked quickly to the room to change for dinner.
IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

We didn’t use the jacuzzi because it is like taking a sleeping pill! I loved the bathroom setup, though. The Jacuzzi room is bigger than it looks in the photo. When you step in, the shower is off to the right. There was a separate room with the toilet & a phone.
IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

Pardon our mess- we just dropped everything as soon as we got there.
IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

Umm---$12 cashews?!?!? No, thanks!!!!
IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

(I don’t know if any of you watch “Top Chef”, but Tom Colicchio has a restaurant called “craftsteak” at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods. It is a little pricey, but VERY good.) Before leaving the house and knowing John as well as I do, I called & changed our reservation from 8:30 to 9. I didn’t tell him this until after I changed my clothes for dinner. We sipped a glass of champagne & headed downstairs. We were seated immediately. The restaurant is pretty dark with paintings of cow faces hanging all over.

IMG_3408.jpg

craftsteak2.jpg

craftsteak.jpg

We ordered drinks- John got some citrus drink:
orangesomething.jpg

I got a blood orange margarita:
bloodorange.jpg

By the way- sorry for the photo quality- it was VERY dark in there!

Continued in next post….

It's always soooo hard to wait for the park hours to be published. It kind of puts all of the trip planning (at least for me) at a standstill.

The room at the MGM is gorgeous. Ummmm....$12.00 for cashews? I don't think so eitehr! I'm a huge fan of Top Chef and know exactly who Tom Colicchio is. I would have been super excited to eat in his restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter