"For a limited time, DVC members can enjoy savings on annual passes"

I was really hoping that there would be another discount this year also. I guess I will wait a little longer and then just buy the regular passes- no AP…I know they charge what the market will bear, but the prices are getting ridiculous

Same here. The difference between our discounted AP and regular passes isn't that much. We aren't sure when our next trip will be so it doesn't make sense to get the APs unless there was a special deal to make the price gap even smaller.

4it was asked here as to release dates of prior deals re special DVC ticket promos...according to google:

the PAP deal was announced September 12, 2012
From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*.

4 day park $199 ticket was first referenced on Facebook September 9, 2014

Promotions wouldn't necessarily be tied into a historical pattern but found it interesting the last two were announced in September (for the last quarter of the year). Since park attendance was very healthy last year, I'm not particularly hopeful it will happen again.

I was thinking there was deal that came out in the early spring years past but nothing popped up in the search. If any one has other information as to the prior release dates of the promos please post.

EDIT, thanks to twinkle bug!

PAP February 6, 2014 - April 30, 2014 ($484)
Those needed to be activated by 1/31/2015

Last edited:
I'm seeing info out there that an offer was given from February 6, 2014 - April 30, 2014 on Premium APs also ($484). I wasn't in the market for them last spring so it slipped my notice. Those needed to be activated by 1/31/2015.

Can someone please point out where on the member site it says "for a limited time"? This may sound like I'm losing it, but I don't see it :rolleyes2

i was lucky enough to purchase aps for the family at a great savings about 3 or 4 years ago, but have not seen that special price again since that time. i do hope that will happen again. keep watching member web site.

So had a thought..
Last year promo was so popular (due to offering DL AP) they had to stop selling DL AP for a short time.

Maybe that's been why we haven't had an promo discount..

I'm seeing info out there that an offer was given from February 6, 2014 - April 30, 2014 on Premium APs also ($484). I wasn't in the market for them last spring so it slipped my notice. Those needed to be activated by 1/31/2015.

That's the deal I remember from last year that we couldn't take advantage of and what I was hoping for again this year. We went to DL and Aulani last summer and IIRC you're right, those passes had a time limit on their activation - so it wasn't something we could buy and hang onto for use later. We want to plan AT LEAST 2 summer trips on our next AP's (1 trip this summer and 1 trip next summer) so it would be nice to have the PAP for use at the water parks… Totally bummed there is no deal again this year...

So had a thought..
Last year promo was so popular (due to offering DL AP) they had to stop selling DL AP for a short time.

Maybe that's been why we haven't had an promo discount..
Last year's PAP promo was also popular because it was cheaper to buy the PAP promo than the DVC discounted AP (after the "surprise" unannounced price increase). I remember it was $80 more than the AP before the price increase. I was just going to buy the regular AP. Then the price jumped before I could buy then so we ended up with the PAP promo.

looking back I guess we got our $80 worth with PAP. 1x to Disney Quest, 1x to Blizzard beach :goodvibes

Did I miss something? I was attempting to buy my AP and there is no spot to put in a disney gift card?? What am I doing wrong? I see a spot for the Disney rewards card and credit card, but nothing for a disney gift card.

Here's a tip. If you try to buy your ticket via the DVC Member Services link, that link didn't have a spot for a Disney gift card, but if you logged onto your MDE site, that one does have a link for at least one gift card. So I was able to purchase my AP with a gift card and my reward card. Very confusing.

Last edited:
So entered up calling this morning to purchase 3 annual WDW passes before the price goes up. Total cost was $1549 after taxes. With our trip not till late Oct, I'm hoping that they'll come out with another discounted PAP.

OK, so I just called MS this afternoon, taking the "purchase tickets" option from the main menu to ask some "what if" questions RE: last years special on the PAP and "what if" I buy reg. AP's today before they go up and then next month (or whenever) there's a sale or deal or something. The CM I spoke to said that last year people in this situation were able to CALL back to MS and get what she called a "magic number" during the promotion period that we would then take with us to Will Call / Guest Relations when we go and they would then be able to make either a price adjustment or do an upgrade to the PAP (depending on the deal IF there's a deal). I said "so we won't be totally screwed if we buy reg. AP's now and there's a deal later before we go"?! And she said "NO, you will not be screwed." :yay: So I just went ahead & ordered the AP's with her while I was on the phone and she put them in our MDE account and gave me a "will call number" so I'm all set. Just have to watch & hope for a deal of some sort between now and July.

OK, so I just called MS this afternoon, taking the "purchase tickets" option from the main menu to ask some "what if" questions RE: last years special on the PAP and "what if" I buy reg. AP's today before they go up and then next month (or whenever) there's a sale or deal or something. The CM I spoke to said that last year people in this situation were able to CALL back to MS and get what she called a "magic number" during the promotion period that we would then take with us to Will Call / Guest Relations when we go and they would then be able to make either a price adjustment or do an upgrade to the PAP (depending on the deal IF there's a deal). I said "so we won't be totally screwed if we buy reg. AP's now and there's a deal later before we go"?! And she said "NO, you will not be screwed." :yay: So I just went ahead & ordered the AP's with her while I was on the phone and she put them in our MDE account and gave me a "will call number" so I'm all set. Just have to watch & hope for a deal of some sort between now and July.
Smart questions. Thank you for asking & sharing.

Thanks. I downgraded our PAPs to APs when I renewed this week, and would love to get them upgraded and not owe a bunch of money IF a deal comes out.

Did you know that in the beginning years of the Disney Vacation Club that members were given free park passes! I'm hoping that Disney rewards DVC Members who are their most loyal fans with another PAP deal. Disney Parks have reported record first quarter earnings. Come on Disney, throw us a bone!

Did you know that in the beginning years of the Disney Vacation Club that members were given free park passes! I'm hoping that Disney rewards DVC Members who are their most loyal fans with another PAP deal. Disney Parks have reported record first quarter earnings. Come on Disney, throw us a bone!

That was back in the days when they had things like the Magic Kingdom Club which a person could join for free, get a free magazine and get room discounts too.

Sigh.

You received free tickets for 1/2 the number of people DVC allowed in the villa. Great savings for our family of six.

Members guide.png
Member guide used to look like this. I don't think we even get one anymore, do we? I haven't seen one recently. Is it online only now?

With Disney being so successful at increasing park attendance, they have little reason to offer DVC any deals.

Think about it, why would they give a discount to someone who has to buy admission at least yearly like a DVC member?

You could argue that the discount increases attendance but does it? Only Disney knows for sure and they will offer a discount when it benefits them, not the DVC members.

:earsboy: Bill

That was a sales incentive with a defined end date (12/31/99), not a member perk. Only those who bought before 1996 got it (except for some limited promos after that). And as Halle said, only for half the capacity of the room and only for the number of nights of your stay. So if you were there 7 days/6 nights, you got 6 days of park passes.

View attachment 2648
Member guide used to look like this. I don't think we even get one anymore, do we? I haven't seen one recently. Is it online only now?

The only hard bound guides I got were direct at the DVC sales location in SSR. The ones mailed home were always paperback. I'm not missing them if they've indeed stopped and it's not just my mail lady rerouting it as she pleases. She cracked the spine in half the last time one made it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter