For the first time ever we will have to cut out ONE PARK! Yikes.

wvasweetness

Mouseketeer
We are going for a shorter trip than usual in November. We arrive later on Friday and leave early Wednesday morning.

We have MVMCP tickets on Sunday night. The boys are 12 and 7, and I don't think we are ready to do a park on Sunday and then go to MVMCP - too long of a day. So now we are left with having to cut out a park!

We usually do:
- Day 1: AK
- Day 2: HS
- Day 3: EP
- Day 4: Resort day + MVMCP at MK -or- full MK day
- Day 5: Boys choice of where to go - usually HS
- Day 6: MK

Our plan for this trip right now looks like:
- Day 2: EP + MVMCP at MK (this is the day in question)
- Day 3: HS
- Day 4: MK

I don't think day 2 is reasonable for us. So now we need to cut out a park. This is a surprise trip for the boys so they can't decide. My guess is that they would choose to cut out Epcot, even though it's my favorite! Any thoughts on this?

I guess it depends on how much time you want in MK? You could just do MVMCP at MK and then do EP on Day 4. Or consider keeping your 4-day ticket, entering MK earlier on Day 2 (on a regular ticket) and simply staying through the party on your MVMCP ticket. That would make it Day 1: AK, Day 2: MK+MVMCP, Day 3: HS, Day 4: EP

Can you do Epcot in the morning and go back to resort for an afternoon break before the party?
That's what we originally planned, but I really don't think there will be time. We have a reservation for dinner at 4pm in MK.

While I hate cutting out any park and avoid it whenever possible, Epcot would easily be the first park I cut out. I love it, but it's not currently anywhere near on par with the other 3. However, I don't see how your 2 day is unreasonable and that's definitely what I would do! Even getting to MK at 4 (or a little before) would allow plenty of time at Epcot.

Or consider keeping your 4-day ticket, entering MK earlier on Day 2 (on a regular ticket) and simply staying through the party on your MVMCP ticket. That would make it Day 1: AK, Day 2: MK+MVMCP, Day 3: HS, Day 4: EP

This is a good idea and a possibility.

While I hate cutting out any park and avoid it whenever possible, Epcot would easily be the first park I cut out. I love it, but it's not currently anywhere near on par with the other 3. However, I don't see how your 2 day is unreasonable and that's definitely what I would do! Even getting to MK at 4 (or a little before) would allow plenty of time at Epcot.

My boys usually go to bed early, so I really don't think they can make it until 11-12pm at the party if we go to Epcot that morning. Unless I drag them along behind me - LOL.

If you're going to be there while Food and Wine or Festival of the Holidays is going on in Epcot I would recommend cutting AK. We also are going for a short trip later this month and that's our plan. I can't skip MK (!), and then with Galaxy's Edge I want to hit up HS, and I've never done Food and Wine so Epcot is a must. Which left AK on the chopping block this trip :sad1:

We are going for a shorter trip than usual in November. We arrive later on Friday and leave early Wednesday morning.

We have MVMCP tickets on Sunday night. The boys are 12 and 7, and I don't think we are ready to do a park on Sunday and then go to MVMCP - too long of a day. So now we are left with having to cut out a park!

We usually do:
- Day 2: HS
- Day 3: EP
- Day 4: Resort day + MVMCP at MK -or- full MK day
- Day 5: Boys choice of where to go - usually HS
- Day 6: MK

Our plan for this trip right now looks like:
- Day 2: EP + MVMCP at MK (this is the day in question)
- Day 3: HS
- Day 4: MK

I don't think day 2 is reasonable for us. So now we need to cut out a park. This is a surprise trip for the boys so they can't decide. My guess is that they would choose to cut out Epcot, even though it's my favorite! Any thoughts on this?
I cut out AK and HS last year and didn't miss them one bit. We do 4 days at MK and 2 days at Epcot now.

My kids would cut Epcot if they had the choice. Last trip we all did together they actually stayed at the hotel twice while we went to Epcot (they were 15 and 9). And last trip it was just myself and DD12 and one afternoon she didn’t want to do the booths so she went back to BWV while I explored for a few hours.

If I knew my kids couldn’t do the early morning plus a late night party (and they didn’t care about Epcot) I would go to Epcot alone and come back to get them for the party.

If you're going to be there while Food and Wine or Festival of the Holidays is going on in Epcot I would recommend cutting AK. We also are going for a short trip later this month and that's our plan. I can't skip MK (!), and then with Galaxy's Edge I want to hit up HS, and I've never done Food and Wine so Epcot is a must. Which left AK on the chopping block this trip :sad1:
See AK is by far my favorite park and is the only park I absolutely have to do each trip, and is always the first park I spend 2 days at. I couldn't even fathom skipping it. Shows that everybody is different and it is really up to what you and your family prefer.

We’re cutting AK in favor of a rest day. We looked at all the options there, and DH, DS, and I all agreed swimming at the resort and a visit to Disney Springs looked more enjoyable to us.

If no festival is going on in Epcot, with no new rides open and all the construction, I would cut it. I would be more concerned about needing a break somewhere the day after MVMCP as well. HS can be an all day park now with GE open-

We have a reservation for dinner at 4pm in MK.
I'm not sure where you're eating, but all of the nearby resorts have good (some would argue, better) options for dining. I'd drop the 4PM reservation, get a 2:30-3ish reservation at one of the resorts, then head to MK for early entry at 4. That way you're not "wasting" any time at MK (this of course assumes you're not attached to whatever that reservation is).

Edit: Meant to add that if you do this, your last day could be EPCOT.

I would be more concerned about needing a break somewhere the day after MVMCP as well.

I was thinking that, too. If they're not used to staying up late, they're also going to be tired after.

I would do something like:

- Day 1: HS (the boys' favorite, so potentially a long day if GE is crowded)
- Day 2: sleep in, late start at MK, dinner, and right through to party
- Day 3: Epcot for you, and they join you if they are up to it (or you and DH switch off if they aren't)
- Day 4: AK (so possibly a shorter day than HS, because of your early flight the next morning)

I know our family is in the minority but if we absolutely could not squeeze all four parks in our trip, we would drop MK. We’ve be going for 20+ years and the youngest of our four boys is now 17. We really love AK and Epcot. Before the additional of TSL and SWGE we would have skipped DHS. I’d eat a late early dinner around 3 at the Contemporary and walk to MK to get in at 4 on the party day and do Epcot on day 4.

After typing all of the above..... when our kids were in the 7-12 age range we would have skipped Epcot.

My kids would vote to do the 1.5 days at MK and skip Epcot. If you don't want to give it up, then I'd do what others have suggested and do MK only on your party day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter