For those debating the dining plan...

Thanks so much for your thread.We are planning on going in November and have been thinking about the dining plan.You just sold it for me.It was great of you to take the time to post this. Dis'ers are the best! Have :goodvibes a great trip!

Hi, I clicked on this thread because I an interested in the dining plan, but I saw something else you might be able to help me with. I saw that you had booked a flight with Independence and they must have filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. So what happened with your tickets? Were you completely out the money you had into your tickets? Or what did they do for you? Anything?

I am asking because we are liking the prices of some Northwest tickets and we're considering buying them, but I know they're not in good financial shape right now (just like many of the large airlines) and I'm wondering what happens if they file a Chapter 11. Or if any of the airlines that we could possibly book a flight with should possibly have this happen before our flight (which is not until next Jan.). I have no idea what happens in these situations. My husband and I and our family are first time flyers.

Any ideas? Or suggestions appreciated. Thanks! ;)

I had to rebook my flight home, which luckily we found fairly cheap with Airtran. A few weeks after being home a refund for that leg of the trip showed up in my checking account. They had to wait to get approval from the courts to refund everyone's money. It was very stressful for us since the didn't decide when they were going to stop flying until a few days before our trip.

rdsx28- I am glad that I could help!! The dining plan is awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter