• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who swear they'l never go in the summer again

We go every month for at least a weekend with the exception of June, July and August. Our kids are still small and I can't see bringing them out there in that heat. I only live 4 hours away so it is hot here too, but something about 40,000 people stomping on hot steamy pavement does not seem fun to me.

We can only go late June and July as DW is only off then. We went late June last year. Parks were crowed but we had fun. This year we are going July 3 - 10 !!! Yes we gulltons for punishment !!! We are from South Louisisana so the heat and humidity are not as big a problems for us. We also play the game pick out the northerners. lol

Punch57,

Go to the technical board (link on the drop down menu at the bottom of this page) and you should find instructions, there. Good luck!

Pat

193 days and counting . . . again!

We have gone during the summer on each of our trips. The first trip (1998) was the hottest....upper 90's and a drought in Florida was causing all sorts of wildfires.

After that trip, the usual summer heat and humidity doesn't really faze us. I should point out that we are not commando touring types....I could see where that would be pretty brutal in the summer.

If everyone else swears off of summer trips, that'll be just fine with us!! :)

We went once in late June to Early July and I can honestly say that I will never do that again (or at least as long as I have kids in tow):hyper: We were still childless when we went and the waits and crowds were almost too much for us to take, the humidity was pretty bad too and the three things combined made us tired and a bit cranky.

From now on we will always take our kids out of school to go in the spring or the fall. :teeth:

The last week of August works for us. I chose not to pull the kids out of school for a vacation, or atleast one that will be ten days or more. The last week of August is usually not crowded but it is hot/humid. The rain usually is a minimal shower in the afternoon, we call them the 3:00 showers. For us the humidity is no worse than being in Philly and if you pace yourself and take a break for a swim it works.

In 2002 we changed it up a bit and went in June. NEVER AGAIN. I thought it was much more crowded and the fact that, although it was a stoke of bad luck, it poured and I mean torrential downpours for the whole week. My feet were permanently shriveled for the whole week.

I think the fact that schools in the south go back to school early cuts down on attendance and the lines usually aren't more than 20 minutes for the "E" ticket attractions.

Once the kids are off to college and it's just hubby and I, I'd like to go during Nov-Dec. Been there in early November and thought it was just beautiful but that was about 20 years ago before the kiddos were born.

My mom and I went July of 2000. I would do it again, but not with young kids. Even doing the early am/late pm with-a-pool-break-in-between routine would be tough on a little one. Between the crowds and the heat, I personaly wouldn't put a child under 10 through that if I had a choice.

I say, pull the kids out of school and go in October. November through March is a little too cool, April is Spring break and May and September are a little to hot. That leaves October as the perfect month, IMHO! :teeth:

And for those who play "spot the northener", I'll have you know that it's just as hot and humid in Chicago, thank you very much! Only we get it for 1 or 2 weeks at a time and it cools off. You all get it for 3 months straight (or longer...). I put on just as much sunscreen going to Six Flags up here as MK down there. So THERE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter