? for Tigger2on

mom22belles

<font color=red>Welcomed Guest<br><font color=teal
Hi there

I noticed on a different thread that you have stayed at Summerfield Suites LBV. And that you have a disabled DD. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about that hotel in regards to assecialblity issues. We are looking for a good off site to stay with my Dh ,2 DD's and wheelchair bound FIL.
Nancy

Mom22belles
Sure, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have in regards to the hotel!! We thought it was great!
Suzanne

need to know is how much room is there to move around. And how acessiable are the bathrooms/showers. My FIL can mange transfers himself if there is proper hand graps/bars. Do you know if the showers are roll in or do they use transfer benches? Thanks for the help ,we are finding that there is no better knowledge then first hand knowledge. My FIL only became disabled in the last 3 years and although we have done WDW many times this will only be our 2nd trip since needing the wheelchair. Last year we stayed at HIFS and found that there really wasn't enough room for us and that the what they call a roll in shower doesn't work for everyone. ( the problem was that the shower bench was fixed to the wall so when you had transfered on to it you where to far away to reach the taps to turn on the shower.)
Thx again
Nancy

Ok this is what I can tell you... I do believe that they accessible bathrooms at the hotel however since Ryleigh is young and small, we got a normal suite. The living area we had was a tight fit for a child's wheelchair, however while we were there, there was a group of disabled adults with some severe disabilities, so they must have been accomodated elsewhere.
Sorry I am not much help. I do know however how frustrating it can be to find appropriate accomodation for newly disabled people, my daughter wasn't born this way and sometimes, I just want to scream for lack of services!
Your best bet is to call the Summerfield Suites in Orlando or LBV and talk to someone there who knows. I am sure they'll be able to tell you all the info you need.
Otherwise, have you looked into maybe renting a villa! There are some which are very adaptable for disabled folks. We looked into them but for Xmas season, they are way too expensive. As is Summerfield Suites at the moment! We have booked Radisson Parkway Resort tentatively but will cancel in SS has a deal closer to our date to leave!
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter