? For you Floridians

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
What are the temps there ?

We are having an early fall, just wondering what to pack.

We are currently having mid summer temps. plus humidity. Today should reach 93 in Tampa with high humidity. Same holds true for the coming week, with temps in the upper 80s to low 90 range. We will be there in 2 weeks and I'm hoping for at least the mid 80s with lower humidity. Rain chances are about 20-30% for the next few days.

I think we have about 2 more months of summer, then a week or 2 of winter then back to summer with a splash of spring here in there:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

What are the temps there ?

We are having an early fall, just wondering what to pack.

Denise....it's hotter than H-Blazes here!!!
fire003.gif

It's getting to the mid-90's with a dew point of 75 degrees, which means the air is very moist! The weather reports are saying it will be this way until at least the 16th of October. Beyond that, they're not talking.

Last year at this time, we had already started cooling down to high's in the 80's & lows in the high 60's to low 70's & the dew point was in the high 60's for most of October. Drier air makes it more bearable than humid air.

I'm wearing shorts and a tank top & just standing outdoors, I break into a heavy sweat. I HATE this weather!!

Yesterday in central florida there were record breaking high temps! It's hot! And it doesn't cool down very much at night
http://www.wftv.com/index.html
that is a link to our local news station, they have fairly accurate weather reporting

All I know is that I have outside duty and I have sweat my rear off all week. Wow.:scared1:

We have had a heat index of over 100 all week, mostly at 104.

What a difference from last year. Bob and I visited the first week of Oct. last year..and it was very pleasant...not to hot at all. Nice and sunny..low humidity.

When I went with my sons the first week of November..it was cloudy pratically the entire week and temperatures were cool. Although, the staff at the resort reported it was unusally cool :cold: for that time period. Personally, I didn't mind it... while my older son was ticked off..since we're from NY and had wanted a little warmer weather than what we had been experiencing back home at that time.

Fall is in full swing here..leaves are turning. My white birch tree leaves are all yellow, and starting to drop. Flowering Plum...not so flowery..starting to drop leaves too. :sad1:

I know you guys are feeling the heat in Florida :sunny: ..but we had practically NO summer to speak of this year. :sad2: I'd love for our weather stay warmer a bit longer. :beach:
Guess the grass is always greener so to speak. :daisy: (and in this case..your grass probably is greener!...lol) :laughing:

denise, don't be complaining about an early fall. we haven't even had fall (the leaves are still on the trees) and it is snowing here. right now as i type. has been for about 20 minutes now.

i just made a post with pictures on it. i think we had spring and now winter. there were no four seasons here this year.:laughing:

it's still hot, just killed many wasps (they are bad this year) and got eaten up by mosquitoes while killing wasps...

did i mention it is hot?

it's still hot, just killed many wasps (they are bad this year) and got eaten up by mosquitoes while killing wasps...

did i mention it is hot?

I was cleaning the camper, cart, grill and other stuff from last weeks trip today and I kept having to get in the shade and take a break. We had a little cool weather last week and I thought ahhhhhhhhh it's here. Well it didn't last long. We're getting some rain here and there and the weather people are saying it's going to cool again. When I put on long sleeves I'll believe it.

I was cleaning the camper, cart, grill and other stuff from last weeks trip today and I kept having to get in the shade and take a break. We had a little cool weather last week and I thought ahhhhhhhhh it's here. Well it didn't last long. We're getting some rain here and there and the weather people are saying it's going to cool again. When I put on long sleeves I'll believe it.

at least you have rain....

Like a week ago it cooled off enough to open the windows for 2 nights... by the 3rd day the AC was back on. I hope it cools off by the beginning of nov... I hate carrying the AC... and not I have to carry it down a flight of stairs.

I just checked Weatherchannel.com and they said it is hot here.

Well if you consider that it was 88 at 6:00-6:30 this evening, then yeah it is pretty darned hot!! I hope it cools down at the end of the month. We will be at the Fort 24th-31st. :cool1: :yay: :banana:

OK, I get the message, keep deodorant on the packing list. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter