"Forced" to book a Pirate room at CBR; now I'm worried.

I would just keep trying to upgrade to a preferred room near OPR. I liked CBR, but it is a very large resort (I think there are something like 17 stops on the bus route, at least my DD says it felt like that :rotfl2:). IF I was given a choice I would always pay the extra to be in teh center of everything. I would not worry about enjoying this resort, though. It is lovely, with a true tropical flair. The beaches have hammocks so it is nice to take the kids to play in the sand,( you cannot and should not let them play in the water) while you relax with a book. The food court is large, and while it is noisy, it seems to be related to teh theme, and not just loud. The gift shop is very nice and there is a concierge right there to help you if you need assistance with ADR's etc. I have not been since the feature pool has been updated, but it was nice before, so I imagine it is awesome now.

Resort choices are like restaurant choices, very personal and subject to individual preferences so I would nto hesitate to give CBR a chance.

After reading everyone's responses, and reading the Caribbean Beach Resort thread, I am now very excited to see this resort for the first time. We've stayed at AKL, WLR, Poly, and POFQ. I think the resort looks beautiful and has a great "vibe". I am still unsure about the Pirate rooms though, so I may have my TA put in a request for either preferred rooms with a water view or a newly refurbished room (if there are any ready for our stay Oct.1-Oct.6) with a water view. We've already paid the top rate for a water view Pirate room, so it's not like I'm trying to get an upgrade ;-) Thanks everyone!!!

I stayed in a Pirate room at CBR a few years ago, the walk to the main building and pool is long, but pleasant, and there IS an internal bus if you don't feel like making the walk. (we never used it) We were pretty close to a bus stop, which, for the amount of time we spent at the resort, was more worth it to me than being close to the main building.
The rooms themselves are cute, I dug the theme, and I don't remember the beds being that bad. I've heard tons of horror stories, but all of us slept fine, including my Mom, who was almost 70 at the time.

After reading everyone's responses, and reading the Caribbean Beach Resort thread, I am now very excited to see this resort for the first time. We've stayed at AKL, WLR, Poly, and POFQ. I think the resort looks beautiful and has a great "vibe". I am still unsure about the Pirate rooms though, so I may have my TA put in a request for either preferred rooms with a water view or a newly refurbished room (if there are any ready for our stay Oct.1-Oct.6) with a water view. We've already paid the top rate for a water view Pirate room, so it's not like I'm trying to get an upgrade ;-) Thanks everyone!!!

We loved the Pirate Rooms! It is a bit of a walk, but we didn't think it was too bad. The pool is awesome and the music/grounds has a great feel to it. It's our favorite moderate resort. We are staying at POR Riverside (bounce back free dining) and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I sympathize with you op. We love CBR. Last year while checking in during free dining they "pixie dusted" us into a pirate room while my two boys were standing next me. They were jumping up and down with excitement so I said yes. Reviews are right, It will be uncomfortable beds as they are like bunk mattresses or futon type. Hope your not over 6' either cause they have footboards. The walk is about between 9-12min to main pool. My husband and I both joked that were sure did get "tinked" pixiedust:
but the kids will love it and they don't get back aches :goodvibes. Check back and switch if you can. I'm happy with my standard room for this year and am hoping Tink just stays out of the check in process.

not sure what your budget is but what about animal kingdom or wilderness? or i'd say keep trying daily or every few days or cross your fingers for a PIN :)

We stayed in one of the pirate rooms last week for the Everest race. I had no trouble at all with the beds and I thought they were comfortable. I was concerned as I am tall (6'3) and footboards can get in the way but it was no issue here at all. The mattress comfortable and I didn't even notice if there was a difference. We all slept well (2 to a bed).

We had a room in Trinidad South and the walk was exactly 1/2 mile to the shops etc. It's a nice walk as well as long as you are physically able. The path by the beaches and water is very cool. There is a bus stop right there in Trinidad South as well.

Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter