Fort Wilderness Cabin Locatin Question

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
Can anyone tell me what is the most central loop for the Fort Wilderness cabins as far as walking distance goes to the Marina and the front of the resort? Also, am I right in that the Marina is at the back of the campground and that is where you catch the boat to the MK, and that the buses to the other parks pick you up at the front of the campground?

None of the cabin loops are close to the marina end,too far of a walk when you're going to be walking all day in the parks, and you want to get to the MK as quickly as possible. You need to either rent a golf cart to get to the marina or the
entrance where you catch the park buses, or take the internal buses to either end. They really weren't too bad the couple of times we had to use them, 5-15 minute wait.

You are correct about the location of the marina and the park buses.

If you aren't going to be renting a golf cart, I would ask for a cabin close to a bus stop, not just a particular loop. For example, we were in 2600, which in general is a nice location. BUT, it is a very large, narrow loop & if you were at the far end, it would be a long walk to the bus stop! 2500 is right across the street from 2600 & it is much smaller. There is a pool & bus stop right near these 2 loops. They aren't really walking distance to anything else.

I've never stayed in another location, so I can't compare, but we were happy with our cabin. We were only a few minutes walk from the bus stop. The internal busses ran frequently, but we often had to wait a while for busses outside the campground.

Gillian, can you recommend a specific cabin number that would be closest to bus stop and pool.

Grumpy--
I also had the same question as TeresaNJ so I looked on the map of FW and it looked like to me the 2100 loop was a little more central to things. Am I wrong?:confused: Ive never stayed @ FW so any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'm sorry, I don't have the cabin numbers. 2600 has 64 cabins and I think we were in 2645, but I'm not 100% sure. I think if you ask for close to the end of a loop & have them verify it before you leave check in, you'll be fine.

This is a good map, for anyone who didn't have a link
http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/fwmapnew.jpg

You know, Ft. Wilderness is VERY large. Nothing is as close as it looks on the map! You will probably take the internal busses a lot. We walked (once) from the end of 2600 to the Outpost bus stop once & regretted it. The bus would have been much faster!

I haven't stayed in 2100 or 2200, so I can't compare them to where we were, but I still think they're too far to walk to many places. I think I'd rather be a very short walk to a pool (even if it's not the main one) than be a long walk to several places. Does that make sense? I don't think any of the cabin loops have a great location :(

We stayed in the 2100 loop, which is one of the smaller loops (about 33 cabins total in the loop, whereas some of the other loops have 60+ cabins). I didn't think it was that far of a walk to the cabin pool or the Meadows Trading Post, but then again, I also jogged every other morning from my cabin to the marina and back so the walking distance didn't bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter