• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness Cabins bed/bathroom specific questions

JustRetired

Earning My Ears
Has anyone actually slept on the sofa bed? How comfortable are they?

Is there any way to cordon off an area so you can privately dress without using the bathroom?

Is there a comfort station in the cabin loops to help alleviate the congestion in the single bathroom in the morning?
If there is, do they have showers?
If not, how far is it to the nearest one?

Trying to decide if the cabins are really doable for 4 adults and 2 children for a reservation we have in February 2024

Thanks for any other advice you might have.

Last edited:

Is there any way to cordon off an area so you can privately dress without using the bathroom?

Is there a comfort station in the cabin loops to help alleviate the congestion in the single bathroom in the morning?

Trying to decide if the cabins are doable for 4 adults and 2 children.

I'm not sure when this potential stay might be taking place, but they are replacing all of the Cabins at Fort Wilderness with DVC Cabins - they will be completely different, so not sure if anyone's experience in the current Cabins would have any insight into your potential stay.

I'm not sure when this potential stay might be taking place, but they are replacing all of the Cabins at Fort Wilderness with DVC Cabins - they will be completely different, so not sure if anyone's experience in the current Cabins would have any insight into your potential stay.

Updated to say this is for a February 2024 stay, before DVC change, according to today's conversation with guest services.

Trying to decide if the cabins are doable for 4 adults and 2 children.

Sofa bed is okay - no worse than any other Disney sofa bed.

And no there is no way to cordon off an area to privately dress. The sofa is the living area of the cabin and when pulled out, takes up all the free space that isn't in the small kitchen.

The comfort stations are only in the camping loops and require access via a MagicBand. I didn't try to access when using a Cabin but I would assume it's usable by cabin folks. As far as distance, it depends on which cabin loop you are put in and how far back in the cabin loop. Would definitely need a golf cart to make it doable regardless. I personally would loathe having to leave to shower carrying all my stuff with me - but that's why I don't camp.

IMO it is a tight fit for 4 adults and 2 kids. The bedroom is not large - only enough room for 2 people standing at one time. Definitely hard to gain privacy for that many adults getting dressed. People certainly do it, but my stays at the cabin have been for 2 adults and my dog.

I love the cabins A LOT, but to me, the current footprint is hard for anything other than parents and their own kids since you're used to sharing spaces at home already. :-)

This is a great video of the Cabins and even shows the space with the sofa bed pulled out!

Stayed in November, the sofa bed is "okay" as mentioned, but is never made or bedding changed. It is definitely not a private space, I was always up and dressed first. We once stayed with 6 people, blended families of 3 each. One couple had their 3 year old in their bed. There is limited storage and luggage space (we needed the roll in shower option). We now limit ourselves to 3 or 4 adults in a Cabin.
That being said, we love the Cabins and have returned many times. It is a unique Disney experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter