Fort Wilderness Campfire worthwhile?

You might want to post this on the Camping Board, you'll get a lot more info:D

I've been many times (I was once a FW regular), but even when staying as far away as the AKL, DW and I have managed to take in the campfire at least once per trip. It may be nostalgia for me, but to me it is one of the best "free" experiences at WDW. The campfire/sing-a-long is geared toward children, but it is fun for everyone. The movie is shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is on bleachers or wooden log benches. There is a snack bar selling popcorn, candy and Cokes. I definitely think it is worth the trip. If you go in the fall, you can often times finish up the movie and head down to the beach to catch the EWP. A family tradition we had while I was growing up was to watch the movie, make our own pizza at Trail's End and then head down to the beach to eat our pizza while we watched the EWP. I wish you could still do that!

We stayed at FW Cabins in 2000. We went to the fire several times and our DS really liked it. You can also take your own chairs. We bought stuff to roast marshmallows and enjoyed to movies. A nice relaxing way to end the day, especially when the parks close early (in the fall and winter).

Deb:earsgirl:

We Love going to the campfire, movie-sing-along. We always bring our own marshmallows and roasting forks. My kids DS5 and DD14 love going there. You can bring blankets and lay on the ground or sit on their available seating. It is a nice time after a busy day at the parks. They have a chuck wagon there also with different snacks.
We live fairly close and we even drive down sometimes on the weekend just to do the campfire movie thing, and then go home after it is over.:teeth:

Thank you all for replying. I am sold! It sounds like some good, old-fashioned fun/down-time. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter