FOTL & use of?

Humphrey1227

Mouseketeer
Any problems using fotl access on rides, and merging? We went last year in sept. and it was not crowded or had a problem but kinda concernered for this summer. Do people open embrace you as you cut them off? or should we be prepared to be pelted with stuffed woody woodpeckers? How have you guys handled this. Some rides seemed like it was completely separated, & then some you literally just moved into line without any universal employees to assist. Thanks for your help!:confused:

It's great and we used it constantly and had no problems.

On some rides they do a better job than others. On MIB, the Express line feeds into it's own side of the loading platform.

I never had a problem using it. Crowds were really light though, but EVERYONE has the option to use it so dirty looks on their part are only because they don't know any better.

The only potential problems I noticed -

Dudley Doo-Right appeared to merge just before loading, but far enough back that you will have to merge. There was nobody in line, so wasn't a problem. Same at Bluto's Raft Ride, but an employee was there to hold up the line to let express merge. Maybe if Dudley started backing up, they would add an employee.

The only real problem we had was on ET. A short technical problem 5-10 min. backed up the line. Express gets the far right door of the three doors that enter, but after getting the passport, express riders are to keep left and enter the expressline about 50 feet further in. The line had filled up the entrance and after waiting about 5 min. we just excused ourselves through the line till we got to the express entrance on the left.

It was a little awkward, but soon forgotten - by us anyway.

... that everyone knows how these line management systems like Fastpass, Universal Express, Lo-Q and Fastlane all work by now.

I will doubt if we will see the scenes like
  • like at DLR when fastpass was first introduced and CMs were abused, spat on and physically threatened (saw this first hand at Splash Mountain DLR July 2000)
  • Also the largest 'visible' Disney Security presence I have ever seen at DLR (mainly due to Fastpass misunderstandings July 2000).
    PS: I did like it better when they looked like real Cops! Ive heard they've been 'chastised and castrated' since then.
  • Where brawls broke out where the lines merged because standby line ppl thought that the Express ppl were cutting in. (IOA Bluto Bilge rat Barges July 2000)
  • Having to 'Walk the Gauntlet' in a fastpass line that went in paralell to the standby line and having to tolerate the abuse from Standby (AK, Dinosaur MK, Space Mt. July 2000)
  • Waiting in Standby to dodge abuse and seeing Fastpass holders taunt the Standby line (Held my tongue also July 2000)
  • Explaining Fastpass to several families during stay (since July 2000)
I would suspect FOTL and Fastpass holders will ALWAYS get dirty looks from Standby ESPECIALLY during peaktimes (eg Summer etc) but at least its more tolerable now. You will enjoy FOTL and really does make a difference to a Universal day especially after 10AM.

In the Popeye bilge barge ride you must merge into the line also. But like other posters said, since it is the express line and everyone can get an express pass, there does not seem to be any problem with those who are waiting in the normal line.

We ran into a situation in popeye, with non-english speaking people (think through sign language) thought we were "sneaking" in the back way and there extremely large party was unhappy with this. A cm would definately be a help on this ride. At mib we even got our own car, empty except for the 2 of us, and great for the picture! MKY:smooth:

I do have a problem with the "merge". The Popeye, Dudley and Dueling Dragons have this Express feature. I have seen people look at us like we were doing something suspicious! This causes a problem for me because I can't let my son and his friends do this on their own. If an employee would be posted at these places to make it seem "right" this would not be such a nuisance.

I have nothing to add except I am in total agreement, I do not like using the merge technique!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter