Found cheaper fare

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
I purchased airfare for our Disney vacation about four months ago. I booked the tickets on the US Airways Web site. They are standard coach non-refundable tickets. Today, I went to their site and found the same tickets for $40 cheaper per ticket (even the same flight numbers). Does anyone know if it is possible that US Airways would credit the difference?

Check with them. I know Alaska Airlines does. My cousin who works for Alaska, told me it's called "The Fair Airlines Act". She said it's VERY well hidden, not something they announce but it works...

I saved $150 on our trip to DL in 2001 because I found the tickets cheaper. I got vouchers (and flew first class home) but I could have opted for cash.

Let me know what happens!

They will generally issue a voucher for the difference IF:
The flights are on the same day, are the exact same flights and the fare code is identical.

The best way to find this out is to call them.

Thanks. I just called and received a voucher for the difference. Now I have some extra money towards my next trip! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WTG!! Was it easy? Im curious what you said. I've never tried it except w/Alaska Airlines...

Originally posted by Lachesis00
WTG!! Was it easy? Im curious what you said. I've never tried it except w/Alaska Airlines...

It was simple. They were very nice about it. All I did was call the US Airways reservations number and explain that their current Web pricing for the same tickets I purchased in February, are much cheaper now than when I booked. They transferred me to another department. The person on the other end asked for my flight number and last name, pulled up my reservation and issued vouchers for the difference in price. She told me they are good for one year and should arrive withing five business days. It was no doubt worth the call. Give it a try, it can't hurt.

I have with Alaska Airlines :D a couple years ago. Saved $150 I think....

only trouble with vouchers ( at least in the past ) .... you cannot use them to purchase online....

you will have to snag an airfare .... and then go either to the airport or sales office to get tickets using the vouchers...

still it is nice to be able to reduce your costs .... no matter how you do it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter