FP and those with little kids

thor369

Mouseketeer
When the FP window opened I booked what was available and based on what I have been reading about rides with long lines etc.
Now looking at the first day, which is a travel day and we plan on going to the park in the evening and then staying for the fireworks at 9am.
All mt faspp passes are between 6-9pm, but in three different lands. How far is the walk between tomorrowland, Frontierland and Fantasyland. How far would be the walk from Fantasyland to where the fireworks happens.
Also, once we are in the park, will I be able to change the FP to something else. I am thinking that we will let the kids decide what they want to do, instead of chasing the FP rides etc.

I am also assuming that after the fireworks are done, there is a huge rush of everyone getting out of the park at the same time. Worth it to wait a few minutes and then start walking back to the gate.

We will most like take uber/lyft, how far would be the walk to the contemporary from the main gate?

There will be a major rush to exit the park after fireworks. Stay put after the fireworks, check the Times Guide when you enter the MK. There is a projection show on the castle that usually begins approximately 15 mins after fireworks. The name of the show is "Once Upon A Time". Even after that I would leisurely walk out. There will be crowds, so don't hurry.

The walk from the main entrance to the Contemporary will take apapproximstely 5-10 minutes.

If you are staying on site, know that Disney transportation runs up to two hours after park closes.

Also, once we are in the park, will I be able to change the FP to something else
Yes; Modify a booked FP and you’ll see what else is available.

Each FP has an hour-long window + a 15 minute grace period so you have ample time to get to any FP ride.

It is a short walk from Fantasyland to the front of the castle/mainstreet, where you will most likely want to watch the fireworks, but be aware that some of the paths are closed as the time for fireworks approaches, which could prevent you from getting where you want to be. (I'm sure there are alternate paths, but the first time we went, we were not familiar with the park and got "stuck" behind the castle.) You might want to check with a cast member to make sure that you know which way you'll need to go to get back to the Main Street area.

When the FP window opened I booked what was available and based on what I have been reading about rides with long lines etc.
Now looking at the first day, which is a travel day and we plan on going to the park in the evening and then staying for the fireworks at 9am.
All mt faspp passes are between 6-9pm, but in three different lands. How far is the walk between tomorrowland, Frontierland and Fantasyland. How far would be the walk from Fantasyland to where the fireworks happens.
Also, once we are in the park, will I be able to change the FP to something else. I am thinking that we will let the kids decide what they want to do, instead of chasing the FP rides etc.

I am also assuming that after the fireworks are done, there is a huge rush of everyone getting out of the park at the same time. Worth it to wait a few minutes and then start walking back to the gate.

We will most like take uber/lyft, how far would be the walk to the contemporary from the main gate?

It really depends on where in Tomorrowland, Frontierland and Fantasyland you're talking about. For example, Fantasy to Frontier is a pretty good walk. Tomorrow and Fantasy are neighbors, so that can be close. Give more specifics on the rides you're talking about and we can give better details. MK is pretty big, so I would't want to walk from BTMRR to CoP, then to POTC.

Yes, there is a big rush to leave the park after fireworks. If you're at the Contemporary, it's not really a big deal for you. Either just walk back or take the Resort Monorail, which doesn't have anywhere near the line that the Express will. It's sorta like cattle walking down Main Street, but it never bothered us.

As has been said, you can change FP+ when you're in the park. Look up "refresh" on this board and you'll learn how.

I would consider planning time to get your spot for fireworks. The places in front of the castle fill quickly and early, so I would plan to be somewhere on Mainstreet no later then 8:45. That way you can claim a place with a good view. If not, you might not get a good spot.

I would stay the walk between Big Thunder and Space Mount is about 5-10 minutes. It's just a little over 1/2 a mile between the two attractions (we measure it once).

If you already have FP I would wait to change them once in the park as you can sometimes get an earlier time once you have used the first pass as the hour window is now gone.

I would wait for a while. The shops and stuff stay open but they get a little crazy too. We usually just take a seat on the grass area and wait. Uber will be busy too. We had to wait a long time (35 -40 mins) for one after parking closing, so be prepared to wait. Depending on where you staying waiting in MK then using a bus might be faster.

As PP's have mentioned, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are next to each other, but Frontierland (I'm assuming we're talking either Big Thunder or Splash for your FP+?) is a bit of a hike from both. If you can tell us exactly what you have scheduled, I think we could be help you a little more.

Will you be going back to MK on another day? Could you ask your kids now what they would like to ride that night? While you, technically, can modify your FP+ once you arrive at the park that doesn't mean what you want to modify to will be available, particularly if you arriving later in the day. If you only have 3 hours to spend in MK that evening and it's a travel day, I would highly recommend focusing on Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that evening and save Frontierland for another day (if you have another day in MK). Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are also very close to the castle and easily walkable to a good fireworks spot. As others have said, yes, there is a mad crush of people after the fireworks. It's best to hang out a little post-fireworks to let the crowd dwindle and then head out.

It really depends on where in Tomorrowland, Frontierland and Fantasyland you're talking about. For example, Fantasy to Frontier is a pretty good walk. Tomorrow and Fantasy are neighbors, so that can be close. Give more specifics on the rides you're talking about and we can give better details. MK is pretty big, so I would't want to walk from BTMRR to CoP, then to POTC.

Yes, there is a big rush to leave the park after fireworks. If you're at the Contemporary, it's not really a big deal for you. Either just walk back or take the Resort Monorail, which doesn't have anywhere near the line that the Express will. It's sorta like cattle walking down Main Street, but it never bothered us.

As has been said, you can change FP+ when you're in the park. Look up "refresh" on this board and you'll learn how.
We have the alien swirling then splash mountain and 8-9pm is for Peter Pan.

I would consider planning time to get your spot for fireworks. The places in front of the castle fill quickly and early, so I would plan to be somewhere on Mainstreet no later then 8:45. That way you can claim a place with a good view. If not, you might not get a good spot.

I would stay the walk between Big Thunder and Space Mount is about 5-10 minutes. It's just a little over 1/2 a mile between the two attractions (we measure it once).

If you already have FP I would wait to change them once in the park as you can sometimes get an earlier time once you have used the first pass as the hour window is now gone.

I would wait for a while. The shops and stuff stay open but they get a little crazy too. We usually just take a seat on the grass area and wait. Uber will be busy too. We had to wait a long time (35 -40 mins) for one after parking closing, so be prepared to wait. Depending on where you staying waiting in MK then using a bus might be faster.
Is there a particular good place in front of the castle for the fireworks? Is there is a show too? We are staying in the swan and dolphin and get EMH and that day the parks is open until 11pm. But the kids and us will be tired and would want to go back to the hotel. I guess we can stay back 15 min after the fireworks ends. Is it 15 min or 30 min? Also would you say to book the Uber so we can time the walk from the park to the contemporary where we would call the Uber?

Where are you staying? Are you just walking to the Contemporary to call an Uber from there?

You want close to the castle since there are projections over the whole thing, and they are lovely. There's a projection show that is usually afterwards as well, I recommend staying for it and letting people filter out.

Is there a particular good place in front of the castle for the fireworks? Is there is a show too? We are staying in the swan and dolphin and get EMH and that day the parks is open until 11pm. But the kids and us will be tired and would want to go back to the hotel. I guess we can stay back 15 min after the fireworks ends. Is it 15 min or 30 min? Also would you say to book the Uber so we can time the walk from the park to the contemporary where we would call the Uber?
The area directly in front of the castle will fill quickly. If you want to be there, I'd suggest at least 90 minutes early. About 60 minutes early for a good spot in the hub, which is still a great view. Or about 30+ minutes to be on Main St, which is still a pretty good view.

If you're in the Contemporary, I'd say just walk back. Forget Uber, etc...it'll be a mess trying to get to it. You don't have to wait for the crowd to leave, you can leave with them. It's not really that big of a deal, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter