"FP enforcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I return within the window with a weird exception every now and then, but I am not buying Steamboats post.
If that was truly the case, more CMs would enforce the window now and we would be hearing about it.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I am currently a Rides and Attractions CM @ DCA and the rule is very much in effect. Now as to whether or not EVERY CM is following that rule is another story. But to make it clear, we are NOT SUPPOSED TO allow anyone to use their FP's outside the designated time on the ticket(s).

I'm confused as to how a rule can be a rule and be selectively enforced. Not supposed to meaning what? Forbidden from doing so, or just left to use your own judgment? I ask because enforcement is exceedingly rare (we'd hear about it), so the claim that you're not supposed to enforce the rule seems different from the reality. Disney doesn't leave much protocol up to a CM's individual judgment, so it would be strange in this case.

still dont know how much more people need to hear about this. is is taken from the disneyland website about fast pass.

this comes disneys website:

Disney FASTPASS® Service

Disney FASTPASS Service is a complimentary benefit to all park Guests that allows you to enjoy the rest of the Disneyland Resort while your place in line is saved. Check the complete list of FASTPASS attractions below or use the map at the top of this page.

Using Disney FASTPASS Service
1.Look for the FASTPASS distribution area near the entrance of an attraction.

2.Check the FASTPASS "Return Time" display to learn when you can return to experience the attraction.

3.Insert your Disneyland Resort admission ticket, readmission ticket or Annual Passport into the FASTPASS machine.

4.A FASTPASS ticket will be printed with your Return Time.

5.Enjoy the rest of the Disneyland Resort.

6.Go to the "FASTPASS Return" queue at your Return Time, show your FASTPASS ticket to the Cast Member and enjoy the attraction

Disney FASTPASS® Service is subject to restrictions and change without notice. Valid Theme Park admission is required to use this service

it says come back at your return time, not come back when ever you feel like after your 1 hour window return time

make sure you read rule #2 and #6 closely. and for those who attack me earlier on this post, i dont have any anger. you just need to follow rules.

still dont know how much more people need to hear about this. is is taken from the disneyland website about fast pass.

this comes disneys website:
-----

it says come back at your return time, not come back when ever you feel like after your 1 hour window return time

make sure you read rule #2 and #6 closely. and for those who attack me earlier on this post, i dont have any anger. you just need to follow rules.

This is also taken from the Disneyland website:
With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

I have brought a variety of food options on my trips to DLR...ranging from granola bars and drinks to even sandwiches. Water bottle anyone?

And...
Items not permitted include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • Strollers larger than 36" x 52"

There are certainly strollers in there larger than these dimensions. I know because they roll over my ankles.

And...
You can check in anytime to the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, but rooms are available after 3:00 p.m.

Anyone had their room ready early? But according to the rules, you can't get in until 3. What would you say if they offered you to check into your room early? "Oh, no...Sorry I will wait until 3." :confused3

Just saying that just cause it says it on the website does not mean that it is actually used in practice when it comes at the expense of the convenience of the guest. Sometimes yes, sometimes not. In the case of FP, Disney chooses to favor "courtesy" over the written words. It's not the first time they've done this.

It could go the other way too. Like how I couldn't find any mention of having to take a picture if you buy a multi-day ticket ANYWHERE on the website. But it's a new rule that they've put into practice when you get to the gates. You can't refuse to get your picture taken on account of it's nowhere in writing on the website.

I'm just not sure what some people need to make a policy official.
- Dreams
An announcement was made when WDW began enforcing the FP window. People are expecting the same at DLR. Obviously Disney felt the need to make it official.

Really? Because I am not buying the fact that all CMs have been told to enforce FP return times? Your response seems a little over dramatic given the fact that the opposite is happening in the parks.

I'm confused as to how a rule can be a rule and be selectively enforced. Not supposed to meaning what? Forbidden from doing so, or just left to use your own judgment? I ask because enforcement is exceedingly rare (we'd hear about it), so the claim that you're not supposed to enforce the rule seems different from the reality. Disney doesn't leave much protocol up to a CM's individual judgment, so it would be strange in this case.
It confuses me too.

I have brought a variety of food options on my trips to DLR...ranging from granola bars and drinks to even sandwiches. Water bottle anyone?

And...

There are certainly strollers in there larger than these dimensions. I know because they roll over my ankles.

And...

Anyone had their room ready early? But according to the rules, you can't get in until 3. What would you say if they offered you to check into your room early? "Oh, no...Sorry I will wait until 3." :confused3

Just saying that just cause it says it on the website does not mean that it is actually used in practice when it comes at the expense of the convenience of the guest. Sometimes yes, sometimes not. In the case of FP, Disney chooses to favor "courtesy" over the written words. It's not the first time they've done this.

It could go the other way too. Like how I couldn't find any mention of having to take a picture if you buy a multi-day ticket ANYWHERE on the website. But it's a new rule that they've put into practice when you get to the gates. You can't refuse to get your picture taken on account of it's nowhere in writing on the website.

Excellent points. :thumbsup2

I was told in July when arriving hours late at the carsland ride that they were going to be enforcing fastpass times starting in September. 2 times by 2 different cast member.
I would think that with all the rumours that maybe the CMs are being told they will soon be enforcing the return times, but maybe the higher ups have yet to pull the trigger awaiting to see what comes of the WDW changes.
Or perhaps there are one or two managers who hate that the FP times are not enforced and would like them to be and are instructing CMs to do so.

Either way, I agree that unless its enforced then I consider it the CMs right to allow us to bend the rules. If they deny entry because we arrived late, well we took the risk and then we have to live with the consequences.

Canadiantinkerfairy said:
Either way, I agree that unless its enforced then I consider it the CMs right to allow us to bend the rules. If they deny entry because we arrived late, well we took the risk and then we have to live with the consequences.

Exactly. If a CM encourages me to use it later than the return time, I will happily. If they tell me that it's not allowed, then I take it as my loss. It really depends on what CM you come across. Although it seems like most will allow you to come late.

I still agree with Jack. Disney will make a big deal out the announcement when they are ready to start and "protocol" is dictated by management, not individual CM's on again off again making a statement. With 15,000-18,000 cm's working the park...who knows what is being said.

Againl, I would place any credence in what most cm's say about this particular subject until the big announcement.

Jack

Some pretty harsh comments for a simple question. If we start banning threads that ask questions that have been asked before there will be almost zero threads.

Just because something has been asked before doesnt render it useless. Let people ask their questions. If you don't want to answer it, don't.

JMO,
Dreams
You are right. I didn't mean my comment to sound as harsh as it came across. At the time, there was another thread about the same thing, started a day or two previous, that showed up on the first page. I was in a "Don't people ever look things up before posting" mood before I ever got here (school related) and took it out on the OP. For that I am sorry.

I think we need more stickies!!
Perhaps a stickie for this would be helpful, since it comes up so much, but how many stickies can we really keep up? lol I just know that when this happens, there will be a thread about it. I'm pretty sure it will have Official and a bunch of ****** in the title and we all see it and know.

I still agree with Jack. Disney will make a big deal out the announcement when they are ready to start and "protocol" is dictated by management, not individual CM's on again off again making a statement. With 15,000-18,000 cm's working the park...who knows what is being said.

Againl, I would place any credence in what most cm's say about this particular subject until the big announcement.

Jack

:thumbsup2

And...

And...

Another one is the Christmas and Hallowe'en parties. Tickets say that the party starts at 7 pm but in reality guests are let in at 4. Nowhere on the tickets does it talk about 4 pm admission.

I have been reading this board and another Disneyland board since before my first trip to DL as an adult back in 2006. Since then I have gone about once a year. I don't know if I ever have used my FPs during the return window. Why? because after extensive reading on DL boards that the CMs did not enforce the return time. Once I was at the parks, I observed what many of the previous posters have stated. CMs telling large crowds not to use their FPs during the window but, to come back and use them later.
Should DL have enforced the return window since the beginning? Maybe. But, that doesn't change the fact that they didn't. We can't change that. I hope that they do make an announcement about the enforcement. I would totally catch me off guard.

I was just in the parks today and my fastpass was checked out for time at RSR but not at any other ride

You guys are fighting over courtesy thingds Disney has allowed...
Late return, larger strollers and such
Disney does to need to tell you if they stop allowing these courtesies or if they allow one person to do it and not another.
Follow the simple rules or risk being denied and if so don't cry about it

You guys are fighting over courtesy thingds Disney has allowed...
Late return, larger strollers and such
Disney does to need to tell you if they stop allowing these courtesies or if they allow one person to do it and not another.
Follow the simple rules or risk being denied and if so don't cry about it

I agree. We sometimes make it back in the window, sometimes we don't due to someone needs food, nap, or if you just get caught in a longer waiting line, etc. You never know.

We will keep following our usual practice and if they start enforcing it, so be it. But I don't think that makes us all such terrible bad people as some of the posts on this board have made me feel. Some of them act as though we are a felon.

thats how i feel. i got attacked and people said i was i angry cause i said people should follow the rules they way they say on disneys website.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down. I think it has run its course for Disneyland planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter