"FP enforcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
things change on a week to week basis with Disney so if i did a search today for this question on previous threads the answers may or may not be relevant. It was a simple question that got a simple answer from quite a few people until one person decided to get "holier than thou". Question asked and answered, so let’s just let it be now.
Dopey, I have no problem with you posting your question. Most of the people on this thread have been supportive. And the DLR side is much, much nicer than the WDW side.

Lately this question gets asked about twice a week here - mainly by WDW vets who know what is going on there since March.

Anyways, there have been a series a rumors from some "DLR CMs" that FP window enforcement was going to start December 3. Then January 1. And lately February 1.

FWIW, I do not see anyone around here in denial that FP window enforcement. I do see some a little flustered that these rumors keep happening and then not developing. And for each rumor, yes, an argument usually ensues about the ethics of using FPs after their window - just like happened on the WDW board.

:wizard:

things change on a week to week basis with Disney so if i did a search today for this question on previous threads the answers may or may not be relevant.

My thoughts exactly. And I am glad you asked the question since I'm going soon and would prefer to know what's going on with this issue before I show up at the parks. I hope that if something does change it will be reported here.

You are correct, things are in a flux, if the FP situation changed this morning there would be at least 5 posts to the board and they would be searchable. For many people it would be a HUGE change and affect their plans on how they tour...this particular question gets beat to death, but we are here to help no matter how many times it comes up...so ask what you will.

Jack

larina said:
Can we ban a new thread on this until there's something official. Just search "Fast Pass Return Times" and you'll find a million arguments, um I mean threads, on this topic. It's become more popular than "Can You Get Me into Club 33?"

perlster said:
This thread was useless from the beginning, and as all these redundant wastes of bandwidths do, degenerates into the same old tiresome arguments. Petty personal attacks coming up next.

Where are the mods?

Some pretty harsh comments for a simple question. If we start banning threads that ask questions that have been asked before there will be almost zero threads.

Just because something has been asked before doesnt render it useless. Let people ask their questions. If you don't want to answer it, don't.

JMO,
Dreams

I think we need more stickies!!

On the topic at hand, I'm all for enforcement of what is already written on the ticket. Allowing people to come back whenever they wish sort of defeats the purpose of the system as it was designed.

But hey, they (Disney) have no one to blame but themselves. Of course there will still be an uproar by folks who have grown accustomed to "gaming" the system, but what can 'ya do? If you allow people to do it, they will...and when you tell them to stop, they will wonder "but why?".

Good idea..... a 2 hour window. That would allow a little more flexibility, although I see the DL FP system going the way of the new system like DW. I have to be honest the thought of preplanning and prebooking FP's scares me as we fall into the "go with the flow" touring style most of the time.

DLRP has enforced return times for a long time - the CM's are very strict and you only have a half an hour window - but you still get FP's because there are relatively few FP rides (and the queues for the FP's can be a scrum) - yet another reason why we prefer the American parks:goodvibes

Think that a two hour window is a great idea though - just wish they would do it in Paris though (even a one hour there would be a start)

I think the two hour window is too much. They way it is now nicely staggers the FP groups so that it really is a FAST pass when you return. Once you get into larger return windows you run into overlap problems that can compound throughout the course of a day.

I'm getting my fast pass so that when I come back, I can breeze through the line and onto the ride, not come back an hour later and wait in another long line because everyone decided that it was the right time to use their long expired FP.

i have no anger. even towards the end, other agrees about enforcing the return time. its not my fault people break the rules and expect for the rules to keep being broken. when disney starts enforcing the time like i said i will set back and laugh at the people who break the rules, and cant return at a later time.

this comes disneys website:

Disney FASTPASS® Service

Disney FASTPASS Service is a complimentary benefit to all park Guests that allows you to enjoy the rest of the Disneyland Resort while your place in line is saved. Check the complete list of FASTPASS attractions below or use the map at the top of this page.

Using Disney FASTPASS Service
1.Look for the FASTPASS distribution area near the entrance of an attraction.

2.Check the FASTPASS "Return Time" display to learn when you can return to experience the attraction.

3.Insert your Disneyland Resort admission ticket, readmission ticket or Annual Passport into the FASTPASS machine.

4.A FASTPASS ticket will be printed with your Return Time.

5.Enjoy the rest of the Disneyland Resort.

6.Go to the "FASTPASS Return" queue at your Return Time, show your FASTPASS ticket to the Cast Member and enjoy the attraction

Disney FASTPASS® Service is subject to restrictions and change without notice. Valid Theme Park admission is required to use this service

it says come back at your return time, not come back when ever you feel like after your 1 hour window return time

i have no anger. even towards the end, other agrees about enforcing the return time. its not my fault people break the rules and expect for the rules to keep being broken. when disney starts enforcing the time like i said i will set back and laugh at the people who break the rules, and cant return at a later time.

Disney FASTPASS® Service

Disney FASTPASS Service is a complimentary benefit to all park Guests that allows you to enjoy the rest of the Disneyland Resort while your place in line is saved. Check the complete list of FASTPASS attractions below or use the map at the top of this page.

2.Check the FASTPASS "Return Time" display to learn when you can return to experience the attraction.

3.Insert your Disneyland Resort admission ticket, readmission ticket or Annual Passport into the FASTPASS machine.

6.Go to the "FASTPASS Return" queue at your Return Time, show your FASTPASS ticket to the Cast Member and enjoy the attraction

Disney FASTPASS® Service is subject to restrictions and change without notice. Valid Theme Park admission is required to use this service

it says come back at your return time, not come back when ever you feel like after your 1 hour window return time

Doesn't say anything about having to return before it expires. And I will go with what the CMs tell me is the proper way to use them instead of your interpretation. If this changes then I and everyone else will change with it but until then the RULES allow for FP use anytime after the window.

Ljbadfan said:

Disney FASTPASS® Service

OK, those are the written rules. Disney at this time doesn't enforce the one hour window. During my last 8 years of visiting the parks I have personally witnessed the following:
1. A CM in Disneyland explaining to someone how fastpass works and adding the comment not to toss out the fastpasses if they show up late because they would still be accepted.
2. A CM standing at the entrance to Indy shouting as loud as he can that fastpasses can be used anytime after their window opens for the rest of the day. He was trying to discourage people from getting into a really long fastpass line just after Indy had reopened after being down for part of the day.
3. A CM at Screamin' explaining to people looking for the fastpass line that they should come back later in the day and use their fastpasses for a second ride and just ride standby right then since the wait was only 5-10 minutes. The fastpass holder pointed out that the fastpass window would close in 10 minutes, but the CM explained it would still be accepted any time the rest of the day.

Those were just 3 instances I witnessed of actual practice versus written policy. I have no problem with Disney deciding to enforce fastpass; it is certainly within their right to do so. Until they choose to do so, I don't have a problem with using an occasional fastpass after its window if CMs are allowing and even actively encouraging this practice. I don't especially go out of my way these days to use late fastpasses, but I don't toss them out immediately either if we miss our window.

read #2 and #6. it says to check to see what return time is when you get your pass. #6 says come back during that time it says on your pass

As someone who admittedly never returned within the FP window, I hope Disneyland puts it off as long as possible. I know, I know they should have enforced all along.....it changed the way we toured while in WDW last October, for the first couple of days. It takes some getting used to and we found we had more idol time and had to think more about where we'd be when the window opened. DH preferred it as it kept his FP running to a minimum ;)

It was odd though not to have a fist full of FPs.

OK, those are the written rules. Disney at this time doesn't enforce the one hour window. During my last 8 years of visiting the parks I have personally witnessed the following:
1. A CM in Disneyland explaining to someone how fastpass works and adding the comment not to toss out the fastpasses if they show up late because they would still be accepted.
2. A CM standing at the entrance to Indy shouting as loud as he can that fastpasses can be used anytime after their window opens for the rest of the day. He was trying to discourage people from getting into a really long fastpass line just after Indy had reopened after being down for part of the day.
3. A CM at Screamin' explaining to people looking for the fastpass line that they should come back later in the day and use their fastpasses for a second ride and just ride standby right then since the wait was only 5-10 minutes. The fastpass holder pointed out that the fastpass window would close in 10 minutes, but the CM explained it would still be accepted any time the rest of the day.

Those were just 3 instances I witnessed of actual practice versus written policy. I have no problem with Disney deciding to enforce fastpass; it is certainly within their right to do so. Until they choose to do so, I don't have a problem with using an occasional fastpass after its window if CMs are allowing and even actively encouraging this practice. I don't especially go out of my way these days to use late fastpasses, but I don't toss them out immediately either if we miss our window.

OK, sorry to bring this thread back again :duck: but I had to giggle a little when we were at the parks on Saturday because it reminded me of this thread.

It was pretty quiet thanks to the rain. We had pulled FPs for a ride right after RSR FPs (so that one is still disconnected) and returned to the non-RSR ride during the stated return time. We walked up and the FP return line was closed off. I asked if they were using them and then noticed the stand-by line, which was next to nothing. So I laughed and said I guess we really don't need them huh?

As I was walking into the standby line, the CM called out to me to hold on to them. He said "save them for later on tonight when the line will be longer. FPs don't expire, you can use them anytime after the start time until the end of the day."

I smiled and thanked him for the information.

Did you guess what ride this was?????

TOT :rotfl:

P.S. They still had RSR FP at 11:00 with a 6:55 return time (so it must have been slow that morning).
Also the APEE was wonderful!!

I am currently a Rides and Attractions CM @ DCA and the rule is very much in effect. Now as to whether or not EVERY CM is following that rule is another story. But to make it clear, we are NOT SUPPOSED TO allow anyone to use their FP's outside the designated time on the ticket(s).

I am currently a Rides and Attractions CM @ DCA and the rule is very much in effect. Now as to whether or not EVERY CM is following that rule is another story. But to make it clear, we are NOT SUPPOSED TO allow anyone to use their FP's outside the designated time on the ticket(s).

Just curious, which rides do you work on? Maybe it's only certain rides that have it going into effect?

Just curious, which rides do you work on? Maybe it's only certain rides that have it going into effect?

Maybe its a bunch of crap! Nothing official from Disney so I would not give it a second thought. And I go after posted times.

Jack

blackjackdelta said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai

Maybe its a bunch of crap! Nothing official from Disney so I would not give it a second thought.

Jack

I agree with Jack.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Maybe its a bunch of crap! Nothing official from Disney so I would not give it a second thought. And I go after posted times.

Jack

I agree with Jack.

I'm curious... it's printed on the Fastpasses. Now let's suppose (theoretically) a CM tells you in person that you can't use it due to being late. Wouldn't that be official, as opposed to "a bunch of crap"?

I'm just not sure what some people need to make a policy official.

- Dreams

Jack

I, too, go after posted times. I just figured that since there's a CM on the boards, we could get some speculations and rumors from them too. Although I know there's no official word from Disney yet, I like to wonder without worrying.

I'm the King of Mars, just thought I'd throw that in there.

And I'm the Queen of Pluto. How DARE you take away my planet status! :D

Edit: I didn't meant to start up another argument. I'll speculate in silence then. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter