Free DDP 2012

phoned wdw and they have the flight inclusive holidays out now but had already sold out of the flights we needed for October 2012 so bit the bullet and booked through Virgin.

Hi - just playing about with the VH web site looking at dates in Aug 2012. Particularly want to go with VH as we will have approx 2k teasco vouchers. we went to POR in Aug 2010 and upgraded to free DDP from free QSDP - and I seem to remember that the additional cost wasnt muct at all. I have just put the dates in for Aug 2012 and QSDP is coming up free but it is charging an extra £210 per person to upgrade to free DDP - which is about £15 per night - any idea why teh upgrade is so much as the DDP only costs about $11 more per night? thanks x

Didnt want to start a new thread so i tagged it onto the end of this one.

How come VH are not offering totally free dining for next May? it comes up as about £400 or so:confused3 And also, when i got a quote from CO for BC 25th May 2012 it was based on a standard room but when i phone or get a quote online from Disney they only have a water/pool view?:headache:
Dont really want to have to pay the extra for a pool view, but ideally i would prefer to book through Disney.

I take it the OKW and SSR deals aren't available when booking a package through Virgin?

I am thinking this year of booking through Val or Complete Orlando

Maybe when the full VH brochuer comes out, OKW and SSR will be in. Fingers crossed anyway, as its a lot cheaper than the Yacht Club.

Based on VH pirces when you factor in tickets and say 300 for a car for the three of us, the difference is

POR - upgraded to full dining plan 6741, AKL 7121 and Yacht Club 7721. Will wait to see what the 19/04 brings.

Maybe when the full VH brochuer comes out, OKW and SSR will be in. Fingers crossed anyway, as its a lot cheaper than the Yacht Club.

Based on VH pirces when you factor in tickets and say 300 for a car for the three of us, the difference is

POR - upgraded to full dining plan 6741, AKL 7121 and Yacht Club 7721. Will wait to see what the 19/04 brings.

I had a reply from virgin when I asked about OKW and SS offers. They said if Disney are ofering them at discounted prices then they will be too. Sound sgood but then I read somewhere else that they didn't offer it last year so they could have been telling tales :confused3

They also told me its 21st april the prices are released

I should not be reading this thread :lmao:

This August will be the third year in a row staying onsite at WDW, we had said that there would be no way we could go again next year. We thought we would look at doing a Disney Med cruise next year instead. However, the 2012 cruise schedule has been announced at the beginning of the week and no Med cruises next year.
The prices people are quoting on here sound very tempting, I might have to nip over to the Disney website and have a quick look :rolleyes1

I have never known VH offer the OKW/SSR discount:confused3

Nor have I but the lady on email said they would be offering any room discounts that disney were offering.

They could of course just be trying to stall me from booking with disney :rotfl2:

I have never known VH offer the OKW/SSR discount:confused3

Wayen, for 2009 holidays they did offer the OKW discount, as I booked with VH, with Mr Tesco vouchers :thumbsup2. FRom memory it was in August 2008, that prices were available. They didn't offer it for 2010 or 2011 though.

Disney are offering it now judging by the prices, so VH may also pass on some discount when they go on sale on 21/04.

For anyone looking for bargin prices, have a look at Thomas Cook. The last two weeks of August 2012, are really cheap. I need to be back earlier so no good for us.

i got the 42% off with vh this year as well. thought it was a glitch but not

I had a play with TCD earlier and I thought they had added the discount but it still works out better to do it DIY. Waiting to see what VH do.

If I booked Free Dining for February 2012 via the Disney website now, is it refundable?

Thank you :) Yes I meant the co.uk site

My better half isn't convinced yet but I might just book it anyway ;-)
Just have to decide which Hotel and whether a studio apartment at SSR/OKW and the regular dining plan would be worth the extra expense for us. (£1182 compared to £972 at CSR)
We don't like to be tied down and want to avoid having to make any table service reservations.

Thank you :) Yes I meant the co.uk site

My better half isn't convinced yet but I might just book it anyway ;-)
Just have to decide which Hotel and whether a studio apartment at SSR/OKW and the regular dining plan would be worth the extra expense for us. (£1182 compared to £972 at CSR)
We don't like to be tied down and want to avoid having to make any table service reservations.

Personally I would not book it yet if you are not sure. There is no rush, the offer is on until Nov and if the economy doesn't pick up it will be extended into next year. For this August I didn't book until Nov 2010 but then it was extended so I could have waited.

100% worth the extra to me, this year will be our 3rd August at OKW with free DDP. I never fancied being tied to ADR's, we like to get hungry and eat with no planning but trying all the different Disney restaurants I would never pay the OTT prices for has made the planning in advance acceptable.
We do plan every meal when on DDP but there are places you don't need reservations for so you could make ADR's at the popular ones then wait until you are there for the less popular, we have always got walk up at Boma & Trails end for example. We also found it very easy last August to change reservations while we were out there, changed a couple of times and one to a completely different place.
If you are in a park you can always nip into a guest relations and ask what they have available in say 2-3 hours, they can always find somewhere.

Anyone know the number for Openride please?, want to price up a flight inclusive holiday with Disney direct
TIA:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter