2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

stay tuned...so far they are scaling back on discounts this year so it is possible there will not be any "free dining" next year:confused3

There is no current free dining promotion that applies to dates in 2012, except for those applying to residents of Great Britain.

There is no current general public free dining promotion in the US at all, and the last one expired on December 20 (you had to have your reservation booked before then to get the promotion) and was for various dates ending 9/29/11.

The only current free dining promotions outside Great Britain are being distributed by individual PIN codes, which are not transferable. You must receive one to use one.

The general rules are that to qualify for the promotion (UK rules are different) you must book a room plus tickets package reservation at a Disney resort, including at least three nights in the resort plus at least two-day park tickets for each guest. The last general public promotion released in the US included the quick service plan free for bookings at value resorts, and the regular dining plan free if you booked a moderate or deluxe resort.

The PIN code offers currently out are for free quick service dining at values and moderates, and free regular dining at deluxe resorts. Upgrading the free plan by paying the difference is permitted.

How does one receive a pin? I have been to Disney several times and am not sure how to go about potentially getting one??

How does one receive a pin? I have been to Disney several times and am not sure how to go about potentially getting one??
Well, I'm afraid that's the million dollar question around here. All you can do is make sure you are registered on the WDW site and every other WDW site out there and occasionally request a new planning CD or quote out a trip on their site. Other than that, it's really the luck of the draw. There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who Disney sends their random pin codes too. I've been registered on every Disney site there is for a few years, we've been to Disney many times and we even have a Disney Visa and we never get email pin codes.

I too am anxiously awaiting discounts for next year, praying for free dining. I realize the chances are slimmer than have been in the past, but I also recall many reports last year that Disney was dropping their free dining, and they weren't offering many promo's for the coming year, and then WAH-LAH, free dining for a good chunk of 2011. Disney is about magic and dreams coming true, so I am on that cloud dreaming of free dining for early 2012. :cool1:

Count me in for those waiting for free dining for next year. We had a trip booked with the deal this year but had to cancel... Florida in August at 8 1/2 months pregnant did not seem like a good time to me ;)

Anyway, I too remember all the threads last year about how they were going to reduce the number of discounts etc, and then bam free dining was announced really early and for a whole bunch of dates. So I'm not going to worry, though I will be really disappointed if we can't get it, not sure if the trip will come together without that.

We had our first Disney vacation in February and we lucked into the free dining. We had such a fantastic time that we are trying to figure out how we can go again next year. A free dining promo could make the difference between going or not. My question is, though, is if there is a limit on how many days it could cover if we are fortunate enough to get a another FD. We stayed one week on Disney and one week off this year. We would love to be able to stay a full two weeks on property next time and not shave to switch resorts half way through. Paying for two weeks of DP for 4 persons is definitely not in the budget, though.

We had our first Disney vacation in February and we lucked into the free dining. We had such a fantastic time that we are trying to figure out how we can go again next year. A free dining promo could make the difference between going or not. My question is, though, is if there is a limit on how many days it could cover if we are fortunate enough to get a another FD. We stayed one week on Disney and one week off this year. We would love to be able to stay a full two weeks on property next time and not shave to switch resorts half way through. Paying for two weeks of DP for 4 persons is definitely not in the budget, though.
All free dining promos have a 3 night minimum and a 14 night maximum booking. The day/nights, tickets and family configuration that you see in promos are just for advertising purposes and average family examples.

All free dining promos have a 3 night minimum and a 14 night maximum booking. The day/nights, tickets and family configuration that you see in promos are just for advertising purposes and average family examples.

Thank you! Our fingers are crossed that dining promo will happen for us.

We have been going to Disney for the past 8 years (and have loved every moment) and if there aren't any significant deals next year then we most likely won't go. I need to know in advance and I have loved the bounceback. I can get the whole trip organized and it's great! I will not be waiting till the last minute to organize a trip at the last minute like the deals have been as of lately. Oh, marketing wise I'm sure the photobook works for Disney but I won't be buying into anything I don't want or need in order to save money! JMO

Jumping on here too. We are planning a trip for the second week in December 2012. Hoping for free dining, but not sure with December becoming so much more popular. Keeping fingers crossed though.

We'll be there for our honeymoon October 27th to November 4th. Hoping for free dining as well. We'll be staying at Poly and if they offer it, we'll upgrade to deluxe. Good for my hubby, bad for me, but at least we'll still be saving money!! And I think it would be great for us to try different things. He's never been, and there's places I want to try.

We'll be there for our honeymoon October 27th to November 4th. Hoping for free dining as well. We'll be staying at Poly and if they offer it, we'll upgrade to deluxe. Good for my hubby, bad for me, but at least we'll still be saving money!! And I think it would be great for us to try different things. He's never been, and there's places I want to try.
If you will be staying at the Poly then you need to be looking out for the 40% room discount, but cause it will save you two more money than the free dining discount.

My husband and I are doing a grownups only trip this September with FD for our 15th anniversary.:lovestruc However, I am already planning our next family trip for August 2012 and would really like to be able to book it with FD. So, we will be keeping a close eye on discounts for this time frame. Come on FD for 2012, Mom and Dad need to redeem themselves!!:rolleyes1

:thumbsup2
My husband and I are doing a grownups only trip this September with FD for our 15th anniversary.:lovestruc However, I am already planning our next family trip for August 2012 and would really like to be able to book it with FD. So, we will be keeping a close eye on discounts for this time frame. Come on FD for 2012, Mom and Dad need to redeem themselves!!:rolleyes1

if you're there in September, be sure to check the bounceback offers in the rooms...in the past the bounceback offered during Free Dining has been free dining for the following year so it may work out for your 2012 trip. Remember, if there's no brochure in your room to check with the housekeeper or the front desk to see what the offer is because you have to book it before you leave :thumbsup2

Add me to the list of stalkers looking for 2012 dates. We are getting married in May and Disney will be our Familymoon. I know some free dining dates were open this May and I am hoping it will happen again.

We will be staying at POP for 2 weeks and will pay the upgrade charge to regular dining. I was planning on doing deluxe dining but I don't think we could survive 2 weeks of it lol

As I own some Disney stock, I listened to the recent webcasted earnings call which features all the top Disney executives. Disney, as you may have heard missed their earnings estimate and the stock dropped about $3 a share over the last few days.
I too am hoping for 2012 free dining, as we are booked for a land/sea vacation next August. The CFO of Disney stated on the call that Disney has begun a formal "strategy" of "reducing consumer discounts". They also stated that they have begun to "wean consumers" off of historical discounts that have been offered. They acknowledged that there is still an "expectation" from consumers for these historical discounts, but over the last year they have increased pricing, lowered discounts, and the strategy is "sticking". They also indicated that bookings are up on parks and cruises, and they will" continue to keep pricing higher".

While this does not mean there will be no free dining in 2012..the tone of the call clearly indicated we are going to see Less discounting from Disney going forward.. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter