FREE dining for 2007???

remfam5

LOVE PINK
Well, what do ya'll think? Will there be free dining again next year/same time?!?!?!?!?

And another question?? If you book your trip to START on the last day free dining is available... do you only get it for that day, or is it for your entire trip??
SAME question for the resorts too.... If your first day is the last day of Value season... do you get Value rates for the entire trip??

Thanks!! :wave2:

I would think so. The resorts fill up because of the plan. Disney wouldn't serve free food unless it was profitable, and it is, seeing as the plan has continued for a while.

Last year we checked in the day before free dining ended and had it for our entire stay. If you check in the last day of value season, yes your rate is for the entire stay. The reverse is true also. That is why people who overlap regular season to value will usually "check out" on the first day of value season and check back in - normally just a paper work procedure at the front desk.

As far as room pricing, the rate that is in effect on your check-in is the rate you will have for the complete reservation. I checked in on 12/23/99 (staying to 1/3/00) to the Contemporary Tower with a discounted value season rate of $208. Checking into Contemporary Tower on 12/27/99 until 1/1/00 the rate was $485. I paid less for eleven nights than others were paying for five nights.

A way to get around this is if you start in a high season make two reservations. Make sure the "rooms assigner" is aware and links the reservations so you do not have to change rooms. What you would do in the morning of the switchover is check out and immediately check back in. You will get new room keys.

One down side is if you are on the dining plan for both you will have an extra night,s meal credits and the old credits do not carry over after midnight of the day you do the check out/in.

OOPS!!?? I'm not following you...... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

What's with the 2 Ressies and checking in/out???

AND---OH MY GOSH, How did you get such an AWESOME tower rate????
Please share your secret!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

:wizard:

I would have bet money that Disney would not offer the free dining promotion again. :rolleyes1 So maybe again next year

I would wait and see what hurricane season is like this year. If it is very active they will probably offer it again in some form next fall to keep the resorts full during the peak hurricane months. :thumbsup2

Cheshire Figment said:
As far as room pricing, the rate that is in effect on your check-in is the rate you will have for the complete reservation. I checked in on 12/23/99 (staying to 1/3/00) to the Contemporary Tower with a discounted value season rate of $208. Checking into Contemporary Tower on 12/27/99 until 1/1/00 the rate was $485. I paid less for eleven nights than others were paying for five nights.

A way to get around this is if you start in a high season make two reservations. Make sure the "rooms assigner" is aware and links the reservations so you do not have to change rooms. What you would do in the morning of the switchover is check out and immediately check back in. You will get new room keys.

One down side is if you are on the dining plan for both you will have an extra night,s meal credits and the old credits do not carry over after midnight of the day you do the check out/in.

OK! I re-read your explanation and I now understand about the 2 ressies. I think we are going to try to check-in on the last day of value season, so we should be OK!

But, I still want to know about your great CR Tower rate???

You can check in on Sept 30 and you will get the free dining for the length of your stay. :sunny:

TTFN
Jetsetter90

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter