Free Dining question.

Disme4

Earning My Ears
It’s been so long since I have had the Disney dining plan and or the free dining and I can’t remember so I’m reaching out to anyone who knows the answer to this question.
Question is - If a free dining promotion opens up during the middle or end of the week that I have a packaged booked at Disney World, would I be able to try and get free for that entire week?

I would think you’d have to change to whatever difference in price your package is, versus the free plan one, and the switch in type of free package you want, is available to be booked for your time you are there. But I would think you’d have to have two reservations, I’m not sure you can only add it part of your stay. I think you can only add the day before you check in. Once you checked in, not possible. But you may want to ask Disney that to confirm.

Most free plan packages include rack rate for hotel, and a minimum number of days of park hopper tickets. That may or may not be as cheap as you paying OOP, and keeping your current rate.

But yes, if you do get a free plan, it is good for the number of nights your reservation is for. A 6 night 7 day package, would have 6 credits of dining, per person, and a mug for each in the room, good to use at resort or any Disney resort for around 14 days.

fwiw - one trip we were arriving a day before the Free Dining started, so we had two reservations - i had to go to guest relations early on the second day and check out/check back in. it worked for us
Good Luck!!

You would need 2 separate reservations if you wanted free dining that started in the middle of your reservation and you would need to meet the stay/ticket requirements for the package. However, there is no free dining for everyone being offered currently, it ended mid February (the D+ free dining promotion). It may come back at some point. If paid DDP, you would also need separate reservations. You have to purchase (it that is what you want to do) the DDP for your entire reservation/stay. So, to buy it for only part of your trip, you would need separate reservations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter