"FREE" dining????

jsgrand0

DIS Veteran
Ok , this is not about how you have to pay the RACK rate to get it...just something interesting I observed...I ran the quote, first by running regular rates for Sep 24-oct 1, then ran it with the free dining promo attached (should be same, right?) Also ran with DD9 listed as 9 and 10 (cuz we are considering upgrading her if FD comes out four OUR dates) anyway interesting...

just out of curiousity...here are prices I am getting..

Sep 24-Oct 1

Staying at AS Sports STD room, 8 day park hoppers for all, DD shown as age 9

Staying at AS Sports STD room, 8 day park hoppers for all, DD shown as age 10

Now with "FREE" QS dining promo--all same stats as above DD as 9
2056.28-------90.90 MORE than the package booked at regular rates without dining...where does that come from??

Now with "FREE" QS dining promor...DD listed as age 10
2080.77---again 90.90 more?

LOL I got the chat window to pop up and CM says there is no difference and I MUST be doing something different...NOPE...just thought it was interesting

Ok , this is not about how you have to pay the RACK rate to get it...just something interesting I observed...I ran the quote, first by running regular rates for Sep 24-oct 1, then ran it with the free dining promo attached (should be same, right?) Also ran with DD9 listed as 9 and 10 (cuz we are considering upgrading her if FD comes out four OUR dates) anyway interesting...

Sep 24-Oct 1

2056.28-------90.90 MORE than the package booked at regular rates without dining...where does that come from??

LOL I got the chat window to pop up and CM says there is no difference and I MUST be doing something different...NOPE...just thought it was interesting
It's the Photo book. The are charging you $90.00 for the "free" photo book.

I did a price quote for the free dining time, and then for a month later in October and it came up the same.

$10 a day for food still seems almost free. ;)

LOL YUP!!! Just figured that out and came back to post it...you beat me to it!! You are quick...CM on chat couldn't figure it out at all...
They've been beating that dead horse (free vs. not free photo book) over on the Codes and Rates board for a couple of weeks now.

The free dining package is not billed as the free dining package, it is free dining with the purchase of the memories package which is rack rate plus 90.90 for a photopass album and yes you must purchase the photo album to get the memories package with free dining.

are those dates in the same "season"
For the free dining you have to buy the book so did you add that to the first one??(the book isn't free just the dining)

Sep 24-Oct 1

I think the 90 extra is because you have to buy the photopass to get free dining plan. SO you pay an extra 90 and get 20 page photopass book and dining plan for all of party.

ETA:OK in my defense...there were not all the replies when i clicked respond....GEEZ

I actually would love to even get this pin for our dates in Oct. I wouldn't mind getting a photo book but DH never wants to pay the extra so it kind makes us have to get it and even getting free dining with it is still a huge savings and better then no savings at all and you are still getting something extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter