Freeport

Hopkins

DIS Veteran
Do people like this port of call?

My husband and I and my cousins family (5) are thinking of doing the 4-day Wonder in February 2004. We were interested in the four day since it went to Freeport instead of the day at sea. The DCL representative told me that they no longer are offering Freeport on the 4-day Wonder sailings at that time. She told me the exact month in 2003 that they are stopping, but I don't remember (I believe it was March or May 2003 sometime, but I'm not sure).

Did this not offering Freeport as a port of call happen last year and then they added it on alternate sailings later in the year? I think I remember something to that effect.

Thanks in advance.
Tina :)
Magic Western 1/18/03 <--- booking 4-day Wonder on-board

freeport is somethin you do not want to see.it is nothing.we did 4 day for the same reason andit is not very interesting

we really like Freeport! I liked it MUCH better than Nassau! It was cleaner and pretty especially at the stores at the Dolphin Encounter area! We had a great time and found some great buys in those stores and the people seemed MUCH more friendly and not so pushy as in Nassau! I am sad to see Freeport go...and I wish they would take Nassau off. I guess to each his own but we really enjoyed it and loved all the Caribbean colors!

I am glad we got to see it and do the Dolphin Encounter there! Nassau is a hole to us that is for sure. Unless you really like to gamble there isnt a whole lot to do there and if I ever went back Nassau would definitely be a "sea" day for us!!

Heidi

They were too American and not enough Caribbean. We like a more southern atmosphere when we go to the Caribbean. Both were a bit too civilized.

If you don't get off the ship at Freeport, you would assume it is industrial like the port area. Freeport is actually a taxi ride into town and I agree, many people prefer Freeport to Nassau. The Bahamas is naturally beautiful, but as a whole is a bit more industrial in the cities than some of the other Carribean islands. You'll hear how dirty the area is and how pushy people are to braid your hair or sell you something.

The Bahamas, like most Carribean islands are not exactly high in the gross national product area. These folks are trying to make a living and tourists bring money into the Bahamas so...they try to sell to tourists. Go figure!

(That being said, on a 4 day, I'd like a day at sea just as well. There is a lot to see and do on the ship and I didn't want to miss any of it!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter