fridays frantic riddle

we could have had a saturday riddle today... what is a yorkshire pudding?

hiwaygal said:
The Brits have interesting puddings...check this out:

http://www.englishteastore.com/british-store-cake.html

I don't want to know what treacle is...

Hey we have some of those in our cupboard... the spotted dick one is deffo there. I wont eat it because of the sultanas etc in it...

Treacle is kind of like syrup(ish) We have black treacle in our cupboard because Christmas cake has a tablespoon of it in! (Hey that brings us round to the origins of this crazy conversation... and it's got less than an hours worth of cooking left)

Do you have trifle over there ?

hiwaygal said:
I just was thinking that the ingredients are pretty..."generic"...like what would be in bread/rolls/biscuits, but I'm sure the taste and texture are something different.
Two hooty Roadie ;)

brightspark said:
Hey we have some of those in our cupboard... the spotted dick one is deffo there. I wont eat it because of the sultanas etc in it...

Treacle is kind of like syrup(ish) We have black treacle in our cupboard because Christmas cake has a tablespoon of it in! (Hey that brings us round to the origins of this crazy conversation... and it's got less than an hours worth of cooking left)

Do you have trifle over there ?
We have tripe :confused3 Do you really want to know what it is :sad2:

right ever so sorry about this boys and girls, but I have to get ready to go out... girlie christmas party tonight - yey and strictly come dancing has just started on TV...

Please talk about english food to your heart ( and stomachs content) and I'll laugh about it when I get home...

Nice chatting to you all

Holy educational food day today! :teeth: ;)

Angel, Im with you...pigs in blankets are stuffed cabbage. Beef and rice wrapped in cabbage in a tomato based sauce. My mom makes the best! Yum! :teeth:

Congrats on TOOOOYHOOOOOTY Roadie! :banana:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
firstmickey said:
Holy educational food day today! :teeth: ;)

Angel, Im with you...pigs in blankets are stuffed cabbage. Beef and rice wrapped in cabbage in a tomato based sauce. My mom makes the best! Yum! :teeth:

Congrats on TOOOOYHOOOOOTY Roadie! :banana:
It was fun!!! :cheer2: At one point Rebecca asked what I was doing here on my break and I told her I was talking to my new friend from the UK :yay:
She asked how we did that in different languages :lmao: :rotfl:
M heard me howl with laughter and said, "angel, when she called you the other night at the swim meet and asked where you were, how did you respond?"
I very sharply remembered and recalled!! "Right here Rebecca!"
Not so funny that night :rolleyes:

firstmickey said:
Yeah...scroll back and look at the menu for Ihop. That's not the Chicago House of Pancakes. It's the International HOP.

Pigs in Blankets
Four savory pork sausage links tucked into four tasty buttermilk pancakes.

But hey, if you and Angel agree I must be wrong. What you're describing sounds like Golabki. My MIL makes it. She was born in Poland.

Yeah, my vow of jolly is slipping!!! Can you get that Duck :rolleyes:

pig3.jpg

Good Morning Sparky! I am getting ready to go shopping today :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter