from Catalina ferry to Monterey area

I think its taken me around 5 hours on average. If you go up the coast, its much longer.

we figured around 7, but that was going up the coast. How would we get there not going up the coast? Any advantage, besides time, one way or another? Thank you so much:)

I take it you'll be either in Long Beach or the Newport Beach area? (There are ferries from both).

Living in Monterey county, I always figure 6 hours to downtown LA. But to the areas mentioned above, you have to add 1/2 hour or an hour, so 7 hours is about right if you take I5 and not the coastal route.

The best route is 5N to 46W to 101N to 68W to Monterey. That should take you about 7 hours. You can also take 5N all the way to 152W over Pacheco pass, but then you have to take 101/156/1 back south. Still, it's about the same time because you take I5 further, which is a faster road.

Taking coastal Highway 1 all the way is beautiful beyond description, but will take you much longer. How long? Depends how many times you get out of your car to ooh and aah over the scenery. But I'd leave myself 9 or 10 hours on that route, to stop and enjoy it on the way.

HTH,
Bob

Grand...We will be in Long Beach (know any good hotels in that area? Looking at Residence Inn right now). Since DH and I have never been to CA and don't know when or if we'll be returning, we will probably end up going up the coast. We don't have any plans as of yet except getting to Monterey on that day. Looking at the Monterey Bay Inn for that stay - can you give us any info on that hotel? Thank you so much:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter