From Possums to Sea and a Rainy day parade! Sep/Oct 2014

The Co Op is so cool. A fabulous idea to have that place! I love the plates, and the Minnie stand is too cute! Love that Peter Pan picture!!! :lovestruc I thought that Tink pattern was gorgeous but they had the straps cut her face right in half. Saved me a bundle though!
yes that's a good way of looking at it saved you money! That Co op store is lethal :-)

I'll have a hard time keeping Fran away from that store! I have a feeling we may find a lot of items there we woukd like to take home with us. How sweet of Jo to surprise you with all those goodies! I just wish that the D-tech stuff wasn't so heavily iPhone based. It's hard as heck to find anything for Android phones and I think there are quite a few Galaxy users out there that would happily blow their money on phone cases if Disney offered them!
you will def have to keep Fran away from the co-op! It is just like a shoppers paradise :-) yes that is very single focus to just stock apple device merchandise. Here it's probably 50/50 apple vs android so they are leaving out a lot of folks and sales!

A lovely shopping day! Ooo, I like the Vera Bradley handdbag, and its my birthday a few weeks before we go next year, so I'll likely get some $ to spend ;)

Claire :)

A lovely shopping day! Ooo, I like the Vera Bradley handdbag, and its my birthday a few weeks before we go next year, so I'll likely get some $ to spend ;) Claire :)
oh that would be great re getting a Vera Bradley bag for your birthday! Plenty of sizes and designs to choose from. In fact too many lol! You will have fun next year remind me when are you going?

oh that would be great re getting a Vera Bradley bag for your birthday! Plenty of sizes and designs to choose from. In fact too many lol! You will have fun next year remind me when are you going?

My birthday is November 15th and we fly out to Orlando on 16th December. We are staying at OKW for 8 nts, then the dream for 4 nights and back to OKW for 4 nts. :goodvibes

It would be with a heavy heart that we would check out of the BCV. What a fantastic resort. We really rated it.

But...all was not lost for today was my birthday and we were checking into out first stay at VGF for one night. We did a small add on last year to our DVC membership so we could score 1 night a year or 2 nights every other.

I got this great lego set for my birthday from a friend back home which I built when I got home. It's the iconic Brandenburg Gate in Germany.

934a0fe94cf5d272cf2dc2d4a85b1325_zps37a37146.jpg

Bye bye BCV! Bye Pam! Pam was also checking out of BCV today and checking into Jambo at AK and had a friend arriving for a few days.

The master plan was to go to MK today. I tried my luck first thing in the morning and with great delight scored BOG birthday lunch! Jo packed our belongings into our beloved ebags. These proved so popular I have got Jo some additional purple ones for this Christmas. Then after enjoying a last fabulous cinnamon roll and sugary cereal at VBC we got in the car and made our way to VGF. We knew our room would not be ready but we thought we might as well park up, get our HM magic bands scanned and good for the new resort and then use that wonderful monorail to MK.

We drove up to the fabulous Grand Floridian Resort. I still could not take in I was going to stay here! Little old me! At the Grand Floridian! I often gazed at it across the lagoon dreaming.... One day..we would visit it and gasped at it's sheer beauty and glory. But never did I dream we would own a piece of it and stay!

Sadly the weather was not kind to us today. It was raining quite heavy as we drove up to the gates..

20571148c16dd46abb7a19e54c92b396_zps778406d7.jpg

We checked in and scanned our HM bands. Then left our bags with bell hop. Time to go to MK! We had a FP+ for Thunder Mountain, Dumbo and the 7DMT.

When we arrived at MK it was raining very heavy! I was so disappointed as I really love Big Thunder and Dumbo but this wasn't going to be fun in the rain. Feeling a little gloomy Jo said she would buy me a balloon. I only allow myself a balloon on my birthday because I am very into science and I know the world has a shortage of helium. But as we made our way up Main Street a strange but magical event would transform our mood!

Music started...we heard singing....it was...singing in the rain. Then a parade appeared from nowhere announcing itself as the 'rainy day parade!'

First came the dancers...love the outfits..

0c8e39e92af072340101d68bc0da660c_zps2405eccc.jpg

Then the cars.... It's chip and Dale..

29fb4d40cd9e46b5c5a424964d25cb69_zpscefe8f9d.jpg

Yeah it's Andy and Jessie...

05232bfdbd03e163a06a12cc5c8003b6_zps5301ae6d.jpg

Hello Mickey and gang! ..

c1fe93cf0055c3d3701eaf0ab5e29886_zps3640bcb2.jpg

d19f57a37f96375a3dab62facc22bb02_zpsab9580b1.jpg

More folks in rain gear..

95e2c9b0b87bf9a863ea870c1967f8e6_zps87bb920c.jpg

You can see the banner here saying the rainy day parade!

39fa5d32f387655d091be0edc5371472_zps6424034d.jpg

Honestly that made our day. I had never heard of this before! Everybody was suddenly loving the rain! We were singing and dancing and feeling lucky it came. Only Disney can do this.

We skipped Big Thunder and Dumbo due to the weather. Looking around the stores instead. Then it was time to go to that beloved BOG for lunch. Oh how I love BOG...

75e63c64e50b4b635e18c3fb13d9ecbb_zps7f9d0804.jpg

I couldn't keep my hands off that turkey sandwich again which I had with that wonderful peach apple sauce from the kids menu. Jo had a turkey sandwich also. We were tempted by the cupcakes but decided it looked like butter icing and I can't eat that.

We then went on to do 7DMT. Such fun! We got a text to say that our room was ready. We were soaked! We decided to go and check out the contemporary resort and then spend the afternoon at VGF ...

Next up contemporary...GF and a night out in Celebration.

Happy Birthday day!!!! How fabulous to have a birthday at WDW!

You and Jo must have gotten up and left super early, there was no rain when I left and went to Jambo House.

How cute is that rainy day parade! I love how Disney adds extra details like that.

Bonus score on BoG!!! I'm still hoping for December.

Happy Birthday day!!!! How fabulous to have a birthday at WDW! You and Jo must have gotten up and left super early, there was no rain when I left and went to Jambo House. How cute is that rainy day parade! I love how Disney adds extra details like that. Bonus score on BoG!!! I'm still hoping for December.
thank you! Having a birthday at WDW is truly magical. I had my 40th birthday on The Dream :-) you should def hold out and keep trying for BOG. Try in the morning you want to go :-)

I rarely read trip reports but stumbled across yours yesterday and really enjoyed reading it - and the great pics :thumbsup2

I should have jotted down notes as I went through because there were lots of things I wanted to comment on, so here's the few things I remember: Love Celebration for a nice peaceful few hours, we like to go and sit in the rocking chairs by the water's edge and just while away the time - I excel at that ;). We too took a 3-night Disney Dream cruise with our family this year and loved it, so much so that I am doing a 7-night with DH in January on the Magic. Your concierge treatment looked amazing.

Unlike you, I love Figment, but probably because it was our son's favourite when he was a child (now an adult) so it's memory-filled for me, even though not as good as it used to be. I also like Cracker Barrel and normally manage a visit to the one on 192 at Kissimmee and on the way to the airport, our final meal is traditionally at Cracker Barrel on Semoran Blvd, a mile or two north of MCO. Old Town is quite good early on a Saturday evening (you have to get there early to get a parking space) when it's the Old Timers' car parade and there is a good atmosphere. I wouldn't bother going at any other time though, and most definitely not late at night - although I've no basis for feeling that.

Finally, good luck making the Brandenburg Gate! I love Germany and have walked under those arches quite a few times (there's a decent Starbucks facing it). I'll keep an eye open for any further report you do, and hope you both have a wonderful time at DLP :goodvibes

I rarely read trip reports but stumbled across yours yesterday and really enjoyed reading it - and the great pics :thumbsup2 I should have jotted down notes as I went through because there were lots of things I wanted to comment on, so here's the few things I remember: Love Celebration for a nice peaceful few hours, we like to go and sit in the rocking chairs by the water's edge and just while away the time - I excel at that ;). We too took a 3-night Disney Dream cruise with our family this year and loved it, so much so that I am doing a 7-night with DH in January on the Magic. Your concierge treatment looked amazing. Unlike you, I love Figment, but probably because it was our son's favourite when he was a child (now an adult) so it's memory-filled for me, even though not as good as it used to be. I also like Cracker Barrel and normally manage a visit to the one on 192 at Kissimmee and on the way to the airport, our final meal is traditionally at Cracker Barrel on Semoran Blvd, a mile or two north of MCO. Old Town is quite good early on a Saturday evening (you have to get there early to get a parking space) when it's the Old Timers' car parade and there is a good atmosphere. I wouldn't bother going at any other time though, and most definitely not late at night - although I've no basis for feeling that. Finally, good luck making the Brandenburg Gate! I love Germany and have walked under those arches quite a few times (there's a decent Starbucks facing it). I'll keep an eye open for any further report you do, and hope you both have a wonderful time at DLP :goodvibes
Hello and welcome! Very excited to have you join us :-) sorry for the delay I have not been well. But I am working on the next day's update :-)

I agree the waters edge at celebration was divine. Jo and I would love to retire there! How nice you also enjoyed the 3 night and have booked for The Magic like us! Please let me know what you think. We have a 5 night booked. Well I did not know there was a CrackerBarrel by the airport cool that could be a game changer. How nice you have been to Germany. Such a charming clean country. They have these Christmas markets this time of year. Lovely! Again welcome :-)

We decided to get the monorail to the contemporary then to the GF. I love the Contemporary resort! I love the stores there, the way the monorail runs through the main hotel and the stores and one of my favourite buffet's Chef Mickey's!

Lovely detail in this resort...

30c238311ddbf7b93ca8841f66430c47_zpse55a0af3.jpg

My feet were soaked Jo kept voicing her concern. I said I would be fine I had some lovely fluffy Mickey sports socks I got earlier in the vacy back at the resort on the ebags. I would change later.

Jo said she wanted to get me something in the store. So whilst I gave her space I fooled around with some hats...

b0919f0f48914427b2b7e69f85a39efc_zps8c62a7e6.jpg

1fd6165f675c716c02cae69e77afe119_zpsbd0be84b.jpg

When Jo returned bless her cotton socks literally she had got me some more beloved Mickey socks! She put them on me right away. I must confess it did feel better!

As our room was ready at VGF we went back to the resort. We were on the 4th floor and although we had a standard view we were delighted to see that we could spy a lovely fountain, the beach and the monorail. The helpful CM who checked us in said that we should be able to see the MK fireworks if we stood on the verandah. We would surely check that out later!

Here come our bags...

2fca156e6039fad9c4438bb558b94e62_zpsf8d0ea15.jpg

The monorail..

2c3739abff1df53fb9ca935bec2e2163_zps5fd7793b.jpg

Lovely bathroom..

0291c25855868821f2709be7dd9e6702_zps7fc43c6c.jpg

The room was perfect

ef2755c41e196552d779afa54da64a27_zps66c8b603.jpg

It was nice to see they had added a draw hanger to the cupboard as the only drawback on these rooms is significant lack of places to put your clothes.

When we had settled in we decided to walk over to the main GF hotel and see what was going on there. To be continued.

How sweet of Jo to get you some fresh socks! :goodvibes

Oh to be back at the VGF, your pictures are making me want to plan!! :hyper:

When we reached the main building I forgot how beautiful this hotel was

39b4534d0a8a5473cbd3aba048aecd6d_zps1c38173e.jpg

3e14a001dff6822838104a0a174061fb_zps5b5131b6.jpg

We had a good look around the lobby, the restaurants on offer and the stores. I adore the elevators in this hotel.

There was a lot on offer in the way of facilities. Character dining, formal dining, casual dining. Afternoon tea!

I wanted to see the cute Princess parade but we had missed it for that day.

We noticed they had a basin store. The store that Pam got her Mom some goods in DTD. This smaller store did not have a strong smell as the DTD store which I can't enter because it triggers migraines. I loved these soaps in the window..

35a15c7a0f1ad2e91dedd9d0c4c1895b_zps308ee709.jpg

Jo went in and I stood outside just in case! I wanted a snowman soap and one with the duck in it. Jo picked those plus I saw her buying some other items. She bought a bar of soap which was a lavender shampoo and another a condition. The assistant claimed you could use it up to 70 times, plus it would be good for my scalp psoriasis. Well to date I have used it over 60 times and it has been wonderful for my inflamed angry scalp! We loved this store!

We decided to go back to the room and chillax. Jo asked me what I wanted to do later. I said please could we go back to that wonderful Celebration and have another burger in that charming diner. Well I didn't have to twist her arm!

Next Celebration, pumpkins and fireworks.

Isn't that lobby just glorious :lovestruc

I'm so glad the aromas were not not too much. I love that shop!

Isn't that lobby just glorious : I'm so glad the aromas were not not too much. I love that shop!
i know it sounds corny but the lobby took my breathe away and I said to Jo pinch me do we really own a tiny piece of this! I loved the piano and the way the stores are circled around the middle area. Oh to be there now!

I just love the GF. At Christmas the smell of the gingerbread house just hits you when you enter the lobby! I'm sure I put on a few pounds just breathing in!!

Loved the pics from the rainy day parade, how cute!

More great photographs, and love the hats :goodvibes Great that you found something to help your scalp. Did you stock up?

I was in the GF lobby a few weeks ago; just after they had put up the gingerbread house. Lovely to sit there and listen to the band and then the pianist. Citricos is one of my favourite restaurants so I usually manage one visit there.

Another big bonus for Cracker Barrel at Semoran Blvd (it's very easy to find) is that just yards after is a cheapish petrol station where we fill up before returning the minivan. Note, just in case you ever do it, the one immediately before Cracker Barrel has the most expensive gas in the USA I should think - price sign is tucked away for a reason (think $5+ per gallon :eek:).

Looking forward to the next instalment :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter