From pregnant with twins to the Disney 1/2 marathon

LSU25

Mouseketeer
A little background:

I just gave birth to two beautiful twin girls and I have a wonderful 3y/o ds. I'm creating this journal as more of a way for me to be held accountable. I've always been super active with running and weight lifting but I find it hard to find time/motivation anymore when we have 3 kids under 3. BUT, the twins just turned 12 weeks and sleeping a lot more through the night so I've started to get my motivation / energy back to start running/lifting again. I'm 6'0 and I like my weight around 150-155. ( That's when I feel the best) Well, the twin pregnancy wasn't easy on me and I weighed 207lbs when I gave birth. ( The Dr's actually wanted me to gain more weight but I just couldn't eat anything since everything was so cramped inside). With my son I was able to exercise throughout my pregnancy but with the twins being such a high risk I wasn't allowed to do anything.

We are going to be in Disney world for marathon weekend in January and I thought what would be better motivation than signing up and running my first 1/2 marathon at the happiest place in the world DISNEY! So come April 1st I will be signing up.

I currently weigh 173lbs and would like to get down to 150-155. I will use 153 as my goal weight since it will be an even 20lbs to go today.

- Still trying to decide between doing the 1/2 or the 5k

Yesterdays weigh in: 172.0- 19lb's to go

I was down another .5 pounds and officially started my training for the 1/2 I'm using a modified version of couch 2 5k/10k to get me started. It's amazing how I use to be able to just go out the door and run 10+ miles and now I can't even run 1 mile. But I will get it all back.

Running: 8 sets up run 1 minute walk 2 minutes with a cool-down walk for a total of 28 minutes and 1.6 miles

Weigh In: 173 (I'm down .5lbs on average from last week, so a loss is still a loss)

Running: Run 2 minutes walk 2 minutes for 7 sets

WT: 175.6 ( I went WAYYYY over board at Easter)

-I ran my first complete mile since before I was pregnant with the twins.
( I have to check the Garmin for the time)

-I'm going to be using the 3:2:1 method for building up my miles

-Today's lifting workout:

Weight: 173.6

Today's workout:

Lifting:
Snatch - 75% x 3 x 3, 80% x 2 x 2 (
Clean & Jerk - 75% x 3 x 2, 80% x 2 x 2 (
Snatch High-Pull - 70% (of snatch) x 3, 75% x 3 x 2(
* Have to get the numbers later

Running:
1.25 miles + .25 cooldown

Total mileage this week: 2.25 miles

All, I did today was lift, no running for me. We are headed to Texas for a few days so I had to pack and get ready. Also, I think the hotel has a workout room so I'm hoping to be able to continue working out while we are there. I'm not going to focus to much on my diet, because I want to enjoy the trip and not stress over what I'm eating. I will get everything back on track on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter