~ From rainbows...through terror...to half in 2010! ~

Have fun at Disney! It seems like EVERYONE is going this week, except me :( That's ok, I will be going in April.

Sorry! :sad2: You will have an awesome time in April, though!! :)

Mary - congrats on the loss! I've been thinking about getting a WiiFit, but I think for me it would be the toy of the month and I'd get bored after a month or so. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Are you getting blisters from your workout shoes? If so, you might want to look at having your feet measured and you might have to go up a size or a 1/2 size. Your feet swell when you work out and that can cause blisters. I just went up 1/2 size in running shoes and there was such a difference.

Have a great time at Disney and think of us who aren't there!

You seem to have a great plan for your workouts...I don't know that I would change a thing! Ya know?

I am enjoying the Wii Fit! Although, with the very last minute Disney plans, I have done NOTHING in the way of working out. I found out Sunday night that I was going...worked late Monday...took care of Lauren last night and have her again tonight. Not sure exactly when I am going to pack? :confused3 :rotfl:

Mary,
Jealous here! I bet the weather is great! Well I know it is 55 there right now-here 15!!!!!!!!!

Great job on the lbs.Going to Disney is so hard when you are trying to be good.The food is so tempting.

My friend has the Wii and loves it too.

A trick to prevent blisters- I ran 2 -1/2 marathons and a full without 1 blister.Don't pay the bodyglide price(???) use solid deodarant on your feet. Less sweating and no blisters :)

Have fun,
Linda

Yeah...I guess when your current temp is 15...the 55 would be welcomed. But it has been in the 70's here several days in the past month (warm for us!) so it might be chilly at the 67 high in Orlando. Which makes you guys from the North laugh, I know! :) It will just be a long sleeve shirt day. :) And maybe bring a short sleeve in case I get too hot! :)

I think the food is going to get me this week. I am going to try to be fairly good...but not great...I will be walking a LOT so hopefully it will be ok!

Deodorant...what a great idea!!! :)

I just need to know how to heal the one I have!! I know I am supposed to just leave it alone...but it looks exactly the same as it has. :confused3 I have been wearing crocs and it doesn't hurt and I don't think it even is affected by the crocs? I will probably wear my crocks all day anyway.

Thank you all so much for posting!!! It encourages me so much!!!! :)

aw...my vacation was AWESOME!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have to say...I took a vacation from my diet, too. and I bet I pay for it tomorrow when I weigh in! :sad2:

I am sure you burned plenty of calories walking around the parks. Don't weigh in this week, give yourself until next week :)

Glad to help :) I am certianly not getting on the scale straight away when I come back from Disney in April. I think i'll hold out until May before I weigh in after that trip. I know i'll be visiting Boma at least once, maybe twice!

Ah...Boma! What GREAT food! :) Best I have had in Disney, I think. I should have done that on my last trip. But hope to hit it on my next! :)

I walked 2.5 miles today and did some weights. Did 35 minutes on the Wii Fit yesterday....

So I am getting back into the swing of things.

My blister is still there...it is not bothered when I wear crocs, which is all that I wore in Disney. So today was my first evening back in tennis shoes.

I am not sure how to get it better? So I am just going to work with it. I have blister bandaids...hopefully they will help? Any suggestions for how to get rid of one? it is about the size of a quarter. It doesn't hurt and only has a little bit of fluid in it. It isn't red around the edges or anything...at least not yet.

Thanks for sticking with me!

My events:

April 18th - 5K Susan G. Komen walk
May 16th - Soak up the Sun Triathlon (250 M swim, 8 mile bike, 2 mile jog)
October 24 - TOT 13K
January 2010 - Half Marathon...hopefully raising money for GKTW! :)

I think BOMA would be a great place for a pre-half marathon carb load :) You have gotten right back on track after your vacation. I am spending the next two weeks getting ready for a 5 mile run the weekend of St Patrick's Day. I am thinking I will try to run 5 miles tomorrow to see how well I do. I am certianly not going to win any races, I just want to be able to keep going:)

sister! You are SOOOO right! Boma baby!! I think I might have to schedule that ADR. :)

Or a good finisher meal. Because I am going to be BAD for those couple of days after that walking! :)

lol

I have sort of gotten back off track. I got sick on Friday (after my workout...or maybe I was sick before) and was home Sat and Sun. Went to work today and did 35 min on the Wii Fit...but have not eaten well. So...we will see. Tomorrow is weigh in day....

:scared1:

Weigh In Day!!!!

Guess What...

I

lost

.5 pound! Half a pound! (no bananas...I guess this :woohoo: will represent a half pound!)

I didn't think I would ever be so excited about half a pound! :) But with Disney and being sick...I was sure I had gained. :)

Hey guys!

In preparation for my triathlon...I did a "brick" tonight!

I did 8 miles on the bike (just under 30 minutes) and 2 miles on the treadmill (right at 33 minutes). I definitely just walked that 2 miles...and I hope to get my time up in a major way on the walking portion! :) Surely jog some! :)

Still have this pesky blister!!!

Well Maroo, you have certainly been busy. I saw on Becca's thread that you had been to Disney but couldn't find out how/when/etc. I am home sick so finally spent a lot of time on Disboards. I am going to read your latest trip report next. But first. fill me in on this marathon thing at Disney. Where do I find info on it? I am a walker only and have never done any kind of races before. But at Disney and raising donations for GKTW, well help me find the details and I am seriously interested. My nephew had a wish trip a couple years ago and stayed at GKTW. They were awesome to him.

Oh yeah......:cool1: you go girl!:cool1:

Hey guys!

In preparation for my triathlon...I did a "brick" tonight!

I did 8 miles on the bike (just under 30 minutes) and 2 miles on the treadmill (right at 33 minutes). I definitely just walked that 2 miles...and I hope to get my time up in a major way on the walking portion! :) Surely jog some! :)

Still have this pesky blister!!!

Awesome! You will find as your legs get in better shape the running will come along. I have been really hitting the elliptical hard lately (45 minutes/600 calories) three times a week and then doing the running on the other two weekdays and I was flying around the track during my run yesterday, then I got on the treadmill and was able to run faster than I had been before. Even though yesterday was a lazy day...... I am thinking about doing a tri-a-tri with my daughter in Brockville this summer. The think that will get me is the swimming, of that I am certian but at least I can train in the lake here for the swim.

Well Maroo, you have certainly been busy. I saw on Becca's thread that you had been to Disney but couldn't find out how/when/etc. I am home sick so finally spent a lot of time on Disboards. I am going to read your latest trip report next. But first. fill me in on this marathon thing at Disney. Where do I find info on it? I am a walker only and have never done any kind of races before. But at Disney and raising donations for GKTW, well help me find the details and I am seriously interested. My nephew had a wish trip a couple years ago and stayed at GKTW. They were awesome to him.

Oh yeah......:cool1: you go girl!:cool1:

Hello!!! I saw that you posted on my "Goodbye Sarah" TR thread! Thanks!!! :)

I have been so heartsick about Becca being so sick. I am so glad she is doing much better! :thumbsup2

I am sorry you are sick!! I am only a walker, too...but am about to try to change that!

I am waiting for details on how the GKTW fundraising thing will work with the Podcast team. I am anxiously awaiting those details! :) Then I will decide what that trip will look like for me! But I am still planning on doing the half! :thumbsup2

Awesome! You will find as your legs get in better shape the running will come along. I have been really hitting the elliptical hard lately (45 minutes/600 calories) three times a week and then doing the running on the other two weekdays and I was flying around the track during my run yesterday, then I got on the treadmill and was able to run faster than I had been before. Even though yesterday was a lazy day...... I am thinking about doing a tri-a-tri with my daughter in Brockville this summer. The think that will get me is the swimming, of that I am certian but at least I can train in the lake here for the swim.

Man...I had a hard time doing 5 min on the elliptical that I was on!

Cool!! What is a tri-a-tri? Swimming is my favorite part. Running/jogging, etc is my least favorite, honestly! :)

Big news, my friends.

A paradigm shift, if you will.

First, you may notice that my ticker is gone...:rolleyes1

Well, that is because we are no longer doing the ToT race! Sorry if there is anyone out there that was planning on my being there...because we are not going to make it!

We decided, instead, that we want to do the Expedition Everest Challenge in September instead of the ToT race in October.

There are a few reasons for this...but the main one is Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! I saw the awesome deals you can get for an AKL room for the race participants and decided we should take advantage of that...especially since we won't ever get to stay there again.

It is also during the more value season. I don't know if it is truly value season...but it is close.

This will probably be a once in a lifetime trip for Lisa and I.

The other reason I like this better is because I am going to be training for a triathlon for the next couple of months. This is a mini sprint tri...which means the course is short. Only a 2.1 mile run at the end...which is not bad.

But looking at the results from last year...if I don't run/jog some...I am going to come in LAST! :scared1:

I know the main thing is to finish...but I really, really don't want to come in last!!!! I am already going to enter the Athena (fat people) category...so, to be the last one in Athena would be even worse. :rotfl2:

So...I must get some jogging/running put into my work out agenda. The walking is going fine...and I don't expect to be really running anytime real soon...but I am going to turn it up a notch. Maybe a half notch!

So...new plan!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am going to research some "couch to 5K" plans online and see if I can find a gentle one. If I can't, I will still download it and make it gentle!

This will be added to the swimming, biking and walking I have been doing...as well as to the Wii Fit, which I am still using and enjoying! :)

So...there you have it. Today's news. :happytv:

Mary: Just took a look at the description for the Expedition Everest challenge and that looks like so much fun! And to stay at Anilam Kingdom Lodge will be wonderful, I am sure. We'll likely not ever choose to stay there wither - the monorail resorts are just so much easier with Mark's wheelchair...pricey, oh yes, but so much easier!

When you were first recruiting for the DIS/GKTW 1/2 marathon, I do remember showing Mark the EE challenge when I was trolling through all the WDW endurance events. Fact is, getting away in January - or any time - but myself is near impossible (please clone yourself and send one of you to Toronto, Mark could use someone like you!). The TofT is the day after the boys' birthday and was tempting, but it's going to be a very busy fall. Anyway, when Mark read the description of the EE challenge, with th scavenger hunt etc, he decided that this would be the one of the WDW races he thought he'd like to do. I know I run him through a 5K race course because for the last 2 years he's had me "running" him through the 10K Terry Fox run (if you don't know Terry's story, look it up, he was very inspirational and the run now makes $$$ for cancer research). Anyway, Mark declared that he wants to do the EE challenge someday...and he told me I didn't have to push him...he's do it in his walker!!! What a trooper, bless his heart!

Alison

Mary: Just took a look at the description for the Expedition Everest challenge and that looks like so much fun! And to stay at Anilam Kingdom Lodge will be wonderful, I am sure. We'll likely not ever choose to stay there wither - the monorail resorts are just so much easier with Mark's wheelchair...pricey, oh yes, but so much easier!

When you were first recruiting for the DIS/GKTW 1/2 marathon, I do remember showing Mark the EE challenge when I was trolling through all the WDW endurance events. Fact is, getting away in January - or any time - but myself is near impossible (please clone yourself and send one of you to Toronto, Mark could use someone like you!). The TofT is the day after the boys' birthday and was tempting, but it's going to be a very busy fall. Anyway, when Mark read the description of the EE challenge, with th scavenger hunt etc, he decided that this would be the one of the WDW races he thought he'd like to do. I know I can work up to running him through a 5K race course because for the last 2 years he's had me "running" him through the 10K Terry Fox run (if you don't know Terry's story, look it up, he was very inspirational and the run now makes $$$ for cancer research). Anyway, Mark declared that he wants to do the EE challenge someday...and he told me I didn't have to push him...he's do it in his walker!!! What a trooper, please his heart!

Alison

Oh my gosh!!! that would be one of the COOLEST things to see!

I would LOVE it for you guys to do it in 09?!?!?! :) :rolleyes1

But I will take notes for you guys...really...good ones...if you want to try for 2010 or something like that. And I could see myself coming back just to watch that. How wonderful that would be to watch. :yay:

And you are so sweet to want a Maroo in your neck of the woods!! :) I love Lauren and her family so much! :) I am lucky to have them.

The Expedition Challenge sounds like fun and you will enjoy AKL. It is one of my favorite resorts down there.

Hope you had a great time on your last trip.

I'm not a swimmer, so I don't know if I could ever do the swimming portion of a triathalon, but I don't mind the walking/jogging and biking.

Looking forward to following your progress as you train for the new event.

Try doing the elliptical more, I am convinced that helps with running without actually having to do the running. I have been doing the elliptical three days a week for 45 minutes each and running the other two days and I notice a difference in my run. After doing the elliptical with resistance and elevation it is like nothing to run a mile on flat land. Keep up the good work. The weather is getting nicer and it will be good to start running outside again.

The Expedition Challenge sounds like fun and you will enjoy AKL. It is one of my favorite resorts down there.

Hope you had a great time on your last trip.

I'm not a swimmer, so I don't know if I could ever do the swimming portion of a triathalon, but I don't mind the walking/jogging and biking.

Looking forward to following your progress as you train for the new event.

I am really excited about the trip! I am ready to nail down some details, though!! :)

I did have a good time! :) I have a TR going...you are welcome to join in the banter! :) It is the link below that says Sarah to Africa or something like that. :)

If you would run my Tri, we would be a GREAT team!! :thumbsup2

Try doing the elliptical more, I am convinced that helps with running without actually having to do the running. I have been doing the elliptical three days a week for 45 minutes each and running the other two days and I notice a difference in my run. After doing the elliptical with resistance and elevation it is like nothing to run a mile on flat land. Keep up the good work. The weather is getting nicer and it will be good to start running outside again.

I would imagine that the killer elliptical WOULD help!! :) Because it kicked my tail. :) I plan to do it again on Wednesday when I go back to that gym. I am not sure why I did not do anything today. :( I worked late and now it is too close to bed to do anything right now...I am so tired from this weekend, honestly.

The weather is gorgeous here...mid 70's...little bit cloudy...but the pollen count is 9.8/10. And I just can't stand it out there. I have started all of my medicine for asthma again...but it will be a week or so before I can safely get out there and try to exercise. Since I live alone, I try to be careful. I could have an asthma attack and keel over and they would not even notice till mid-morning at work. :) You guys would probably miss me first. :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter