From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Walt Disney World monorail pilot, I can assure you that Santa knows exactly where to find the right stuff.

Finally, he is convinced. He's still sniffling from all the screaming and crying but after threats that Santa won't bring him anything if he continues to act like that, Daddy telling him that he knows Santa and we will email him the link, and that someone that drives the monorail told me that Santa knows where to get it, he is happy! He's also drawing a picture of it so he can send it to him. But I've never seen him act like that about anything!!! At least we know he'll be happy with his Santa gift! Tween girls are much, much harder :goodvibes

Well I had this great idea :idea: since the MK stole our DL Electrical Parade and it doesn't look like they'll be giving it back any time soon, I thought I'd try to see it before the cruise...how rude that it will not be running on the two nights we are there.:mad: :rolleyes: :sad2:

Well I had this great idea :idea: since the MK stole our DL Electrical Parade and it doesn't look like they'll be giving it back any time soon, I thought I'd try to see it before the cruise...how rude that it will not be running on the two nights we are there.:mad: :rolleyes: :sad2:

I felt the same way that they are taking down the Osbourne Lights the day we get there! I wanted to see them :lmao:

Alan - what would SWA charge me to change my flights to a So Cal airport? Not sure that even makes it any easier.

What we have done in the past (and what we will be doing this time as well) is to:

1. Drive down to Los Angeles 2 days before the cruise (a 3 hour drive), and stay a night at a hotel near LAX...relax, shower, use the pool, have a liesurely dinner, etc.

2. Fly out of LAX one day before the cruise, and spend the night at the MCO Hyatt. Again, the convenience of having the hotel right there, swimming, showering, sleeping, etc.

3. The morning of the cruise, have a nice breakfast and pack the day bags, and take the 50 minute ride to Port Canaveral.

(PS we are on the central coast, near Pismo Beach)

It costs more, but with 3 kids in tow, taking it slow and making sure we are in Florida the day before the cruise really helps with my stress level... :hippie:

(PS we are on the central coast, near Pismo Beach)

Cabo Whale Watching

Updated List:

Tinkerbel129 ~ 2 adults
Pixie Dust II ~ 2 adults
A Litle Pixie Dust ~ 3 adults
SemiKat ~ 2 adults
DCLTravler ~ 6 adults
Tinksmom ~ 3 adults
Phil & Deborah ~ 2 adults
Happy Goofy ~ 2 adults
DCL FAN TAC ~ 3 adults
ACDSNY ~ 2 adults
Poohbug ~ 1 adult / 2 children
#1YEPOD ~ 2 adults
Lindababe ~ 2 adults
CruzinLexi ~ 2 adults

Total ~ 34 adults / 2 children = 36 total (looking for Willie the whale)

According to the website it shows 4 spots left. If you book a reservation please PM me, so I can update the list.

Please remember this is not through Disney, is half the price of Disney, morning time slot. All info and a link is on the front page. If you have additional questions just send them an email, they have been quick to respond.

Dateline - Old Key West

Good Morning, Everyone!

Yesterday was a sunny Disney Day! DH & my friend LynneR did the Stop, Drop and Roll at the Studios, while I ran errands and out to Give Kids the World with my 10 pounds of toiletries (REALLY good use of all that small stuff one collects from hotel stays). I collected them for lunch at Earl of Sandwich, we shopped in downtown Disney, then LynneR went back to the studios, and we came back to the resort to chill for a while.

Last night's dinner was at Boatwrights - very ymmy - then a long walk around POR with our friends, a show of Pianoman Bob, and home to bed.

While we were at Piano man Bob, we ran into another cute couple who are on this cruise - I don't know if they've signed in here yet, but on another board they are known as WDWNJ and BigRed.

Happy Day, all!

Dateline - Old Key West

Good Morning, Everyone!

Yesterday was a sunny Disney Day! DH & my friend LynneR did the Stop, Drop and Roll at the Studios, while I ran errands and out to Give Kids the World with my 10 pounds of toiletries (REALLY good use of all that small stuff one collects from hotel stays). I collected them for lunch at Earl of Sandwich, we shopped in downtown Disney, then LynneR went back to the studios, and we came back to the resort to chill for a while.

Last night's dinner was at Boatwrights - very ymmy - then a long walk around POR with our friends, a show of Pianoman Bob, and home to bed.

While we were at Piano man Bob, we ran into another cute couple who are on this cruise - I don't know if they've signed in here yet, but on another board they are known as WDWNJ and BigRed.

Happy Day, all!

Sounds like a really lovely day Linda! I still wish that we were a lot closer to a Disney Park.

The weather is starting to warm up here in Sydney. Sunny blue skies with tops of 25 and cool nights are just lovely. Had a great day catching up with friends but sure missing both sets of parents who are away!

Good morning!

We just booked this cruise since the FLR just came out. This will be our 6th cruise (our 2nd PC trip) with Disney and we are SO excited!

We are in a CAT 9 GTY, so we don't know our room yet. In our cabin will be my Mom (Gee Gee)
my DS (age 9)
and me!

We are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting to the Port and then when we are flying to Tampa, but I am sure I will get tons of ideas from everyone.

Where are the details on the Cabo trip? Which "front page" are you referring to if you don't mind?

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Good morning!

We just booked this cruise since the FLR just came out. This will be our 6th cruise (our 2nd PC trip) with Disney and we are SO excited!

We are in a CAT 9 GTY, so we don't know our room yet. In our cabin will be my Mom (Gee Gee)
my DS (age 9)
and me!

We are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting to the Port and then when we are flying to Tampa, but I am sure I will get tons of ideas from everyone.

Where are the details on the Cabo trip? Which "front page" are you referring to if you don't mind?

Welcome aboard. Those FL resident rates are wonderful. Glad you were able to take advantage of them. As for me, I am about to start a long day of work but it is alright as payback will come. I picked up someones shift this morning, so it is a 16 hour day for me. Like I said the person will be paying me back on Thursday as I now have Friday and Saturdays off. This week I will have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Of course I am looking to pick up a shift on Saturday for this one guy. I told him if I did he has to work a day in Jan. for me, as I may need a day or two picked up for thus trip. He agreed. Oh by the way, when you do this there is, the second shift is still paid at your rate and not Overtime.

I am not really a tee shirt person. Is anyone ordering the sweatshirt? I would like the sweatshirt with just the small mouse logo on the front and nothing on the back. Is there anyone out there ordering something like this?

We will be at DW on Dec. 9 and at Epcot on the 10 for the Candlelite Procession and on Dec 14 for MVMCP- Anyone else?

I know I will have moments on the ship as we had so many happy memories, but it will help being on The Wonder as this will only be my second time on this ship. Ryan will be a great help too! You are all going to love him He is a wonderful young man. I am blessed with grandsons. Unfortunately I have a daughter-in-law and her family that don't speak to me, but we won't go there. It is a story like Disney could make of the the evil step sisters only worse! I love my boys and that is what keeps me going along with my daughter and son-in-law. Thank you for all of your support! You will never know how much I appreciate it!:thumbsup2
Your love for your husband is so beautiful! I am so sorry that you are going through all of the pain of this loss, but I am glad that you have had so many wonderful memories together. It sounds like you have a tremendous family and support system.
I love your design for the front! Once you fix the year would you be able to send the image to me? I am still not sure what I want on the front but yours looks really cool!
I fixed the photo and edited the original post, but it is a mickey mouse (no pun intended) job! However, since the image will be so small, I don't think it will be noticeable. I cannot take credit for the image as I stole it from the website under "Images and Photos" so to the person who created the original design THANK YOU!!! It was the just the addition I wanted. Nicole, I would be happy to send you the pic, just remember that it is far from perfect!!
Did you get the fonts??
Update on the Wine M&G, we haven't heard back yet from special events on board. We explained very clearly what we were willing to pay for and what was absurd. Hopefully we will hear from them soon, concierge is working with us to get special events to work with us.
As soon as Jeff and I hear back and get a price, we will pass the info along.
Thanks for doing all of this--hope studying is going well
I am not really a tee shirt person. Is anyone ordering the sweatshirt? I would like the sweatshirt with just the small mouse logo on the front and nothing on the back. Is there anyone out there ordering something like this?

Like this:
Picture1.png
Zazzle lets you do whatever you want:thumbsup2

Hello!
I am computer impaired...(my DS in college with a computer programing major calls me something else lol) Anyways, I would like to order the shirts today and have the free shipping. I went to the Zazzle site but I don't know how / where others are getting the graphics for the custom changes they are showing on the DIS site.

I'd like the big map on the back and the small Mickey shaped map on the front.
Can someone please explain how they do this? Extreme details won't be insulting to me!!

Thanks!
Barb :goodvibes

Cabo Whale Watching

Updated List:

Tinkerbel129 ~ 2 adults
Pixie Dust II ~ 2 adults
A Litle Pixie Dust ~ 3 adults
SemiKat ~ 2 adults
DCLTravler ~ 6 adults
Tinksmom ~ 3 adults
Phil & Deborah ~ 2 adults
Happy Goofy ~ 2 adults
DCL FAN TAC ~ 3 adults
ACDSNY ~ 2 adults
Poohbug ~ 1 adult / 2 children
#1YEPOD ~ 2 adults
Lindababe ~ 2 adults
CruzinLexi ~ 2 adults

Total ~ 34 adults / 2 children = 36 total (looking for Willie the whale)

According to the website it shows 4 spots left. If you book a reservation please PM me, so I can update the list.

Please remember this is not through Disney, is half the price of Disney, morning time slot. All info and a link is on the front page. If you have additional questions just send them an email, they have been quick to respond.

Wow! :cool1: This is going to be so much fun!

Good morning!

my DS (age 9)
and me!

Welcome aboard! If you click on the 1st page of this thread, there is all sorts of important information about the cruise. The Cabo whale watching is a non-Disney excursion that a group of us have booked to go whale watching.

Ok..it's official!

We have our SM sign-ups. Everyone has confirmed and I will be assigning the 2nd shift of SM today. Thank you for your patience!

Once every confirms receipt of the SM assignment..I will let you know and you can start shopping. The 1st group has all confirmed and can go ahead and shop (I know some of you already have! :thumbsup2)

It will be a little later this afternoon as we have an appointment for someone to meet another of our foster puppies. I have a good feeling she will be adopted. Still..it's bittersweet..I want them all to get home but then Imiss them! She is such a little firecracker! She weighs less then 4 pounds and has no fear...she loves to climb as high as she can get and then jump! We still have her brother but we are hoping he finds his home soon to. He is an awesome pup!

Grandchildren really do help. My FIL passed away in July and my MIL of course has been devastated. But she's spending even more time with my kids than before, even having one or the other spend the night every weekend. No matter how down she is when we show up, you can just see her face light up when they run up to her with big smiles and even bigger hugs.

Looking forward to meeting you and Ryan.

Give my best to your MIL. She is so lucky to have you. Wish I had a DIL like you! Can't wait to meet you and your wonderful family!

This was my day today (No, I wasn't driving, but I was the one that ended up getting the water bottle to squirt the darn thing once he walked close enough.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o9u9YyqViI

Jeff, this is so funny! I get so mad at these darn things at the pools on property because they swim in the pool, do their business in the pool, around the pool and then young children are in it. I have complained about it so many times.

Good morning!

my DS (age 9)
and me!

Welcome aboard! Too bad we all can't get Florida Resident rates, or frequent sailing rates!! Whatever the case, I am happy you are here!

Lindababe - Enjoy your vacation!

Jeff - Enjoy the Buc's. They have been my son's team forever. He has flown from Pittsburgh to Tampa with his son twice to see them play. He had a Tampa Bay Bandit game shirt when he was in high school.

Today I am off to football for the youngest grandson. He is quarterback for the 12 - 14 year old team. It is a nice cool fall day. It really feels like football weather. No rain until tomorrow...so they say!!:rotfl:

Hello!
I am computer impaired...(my DS in college with a computer programing major calls me something else lol) Anyways, I would like to order the shirts today and have the free shipping. I went to the Zazzle site but I don't know how / where others are getting the graphics for the custom changes they are showing on the DIS site.

I'd like the big map on the back and the small Mickey shaped map on the front.
Can someone please explain how they do this? Extreme details won't be insulting to me!!

Thanks!
Barb :goodvibes
Hi Barb,
I sent you a PM:goodvibes

Good morning!

my DS (age 9)
and me!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!!:welcome:party::welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter