Front of the Line - Universal Studios Hollywood

Port Mom

Mouseketeer
Does the Front of the Line work effectively in US Hollywood? I have been to US Orlando many times (always with front of the line), and it works great.

Since we bought our US Hollywood tickets with front of the line, does it matter what day of the week we go? I really want to go on a Saturday (Memorial Day Weekend). I realize that the crowds will be crazy, but shouldn't fol solve part of the problem?

Front of the line works very effectively- we were there over the weekend, the studio tour wait was 30 minutes, FOL folks walked on basically. The only downside (besides the cost) is that you can only use it 1x per ride.

Front of the line works very effectively- we were there over the weekend, the studio tour wait was 30 minutes, FOL folks walked on basically. The only downside (besides the cost) is that you can only use it 1x per ride.
Were you able to use that for anything in the Harry Potter area?

We have used Front of the line passes in the past and they were worth it. The price has gone up a lot since then, but I don't like waiting in lines so I'm more in the camp of I'd rather save up money for a long time and buy one of those instead of going more often and waiting in a line.

Were you able to use that for anything in the Harry Potter area?

We have used Front of the line passes in the past and they were worth it. The price has gone up a lot since then, but I don't like waiting in lines so I'm more in the camp of I'd rather save up money for a long time and buy one of those instead of going more often and waiting in a line.

Front of Line Passes are accepted at all the rides in the park, including Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff.

That's a big plus. Harry Potter is not included in the front of the line passes in Florida. It seems that we shouldn't have a big problem on Memorial Day Weekend (Saturday), since we have FOL.

Don't forget that Single Rider option is also available for some attractions, including Forbidden Journey and Transformers so you can do that if you want to ride them again.

Just an add on question. I'm planning 1 day at Universal Hollywood so will definitely be getting the FOL pass. With the FOL pass do you think it would be ok to go on a weekend? Or would the crowds be too much even with a FOL pass? My last full day is a Monday and I'd like to spend that in Disneyland with my brother and his kids.

We never go on really busy days so never once have needed FOL pass at USH. Mid-week non-summer and we've never waited more than 15 minutes for any attraction. The shows aren't a problem. Just arrive a bit early and you'll get in, even when you see huge crowds waiting for Water World.

HP might change things for awhile especially with it opening around spring break and into the summer months.

Just want to clarify something I read here. We are thinking of doing FOL tickets and it bumps our $500 worth of tickets to over $1000. Did I read you can only use it one time for each ride??? (it would be a weekend day we are going)

Ya it sucks it's only 1 time per ride which is why I didn't get FOL. And I'm pretty sure they increased the price too, it used to be around $160 now it's closer to $200. I'm a little worried about going the 1st week of May with Harry Potter opening though. Hope it's not too bad...although it does open 1 hour early for Harry Potter

Ya it sucks it's only 1 time per ride which is why I didn't get FOL. And I'm pretty sure they increased the price too, it used to be around $160 now it's closer to $200. I'm a little worried about going the 1st week of May with Harry Potter opening though. Hope it's not too bad...although it does open 1 hour early for Harry Potter
We are going the second week in May and are not worrying about getting FOL passes. We plan on doing the Harry Potter stuff during that early hour. Note that you only get the early hour if you pre-order your tickets. When we went to Universal 2 years ago in May we hardly had to wait in line at all. By the end of the day we had free reign of the park!

If you buy your tickets on Universal's website, you get in one hour early to HP Land (kind of like when you stay on site in FL).

They do offer unlimited FOL passes, if you do the VIP tour... I sure wish they had their own properties like FL that gives you free unlimited FOL passes. Staying one night there and using that was cheaper than buying the 1x FOL passes for our family.

We loved stayon onsite at Universal Orlando and getting the free FOL passes! For our upcoming trip I splurged and bought the VIP passes. I was told that after your time with your tour guide is over you can use your VIP passes the rest of the day and you get unlimited FOL. DD doesn't know, she's going to be so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter