Fruit as a Dessert?

Tam1067

LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly
I think I read somewhere that some people have gotten fruit as a dessert at CS places in the parks and resorts using the DDP? Is that still, true? And if it is, are you limited to the whole fruit, like apples, or do they ever have bunches of grapes or cups of fresh fruit? This would be a lot healthier than just getting a hunk of chocolate cake at every meal. Thanks!

We got a bunch of grapes a number of times in Pop Century's food court. I think we also found fruit salad a few times. There is a fantastic fruit plate... somewhere... in one of the parks, that I was able to get as a CS meal. It was enough for two people.

If I remember where I will try to remember to post it.

Hello!

We were also able to get the fruit cups as our dessert as well. We did this a couple of times at Pop Century. We were able to get watermelon -- a pretty good sized bowl of it, plus grapes, strawberries, mixed fruit, etc.

They offered DD a fruit cup as a dessert at 50's Primetime. She went for the build your own sundae instead.

I got fruit as my dessert for nearly every in-park CS that I ate at. Typically the only fruit options were grapes and applesauce. The grapes were generally pretty good though. I have a medically restricted diet, so I asked if I could have fruit instead of a regular dessert - it wasn't something that was clearly listed on the menu.

Offhand, I got grapes at:
Cosmic Ray's
Tusker House
Flame Tree (Which has the giant fruit salad as an entree)
ABC commissary
Electric Umbrella
Liberty Inn

HaleyB said:
There is a fantastic fruit plate... somewhere... in one of the parks, that I was able to get as a CS meal. It was enough for two people.

If I remember where I will try to remember to post it.

I bet you're talking about Flame Tree BBQ. We saw somebody else at a table next to us who ordered this. I'm normally not the type person who would choose fruit over ribs, but that fruit plate was HUGE and looked soooooooooooooo good. If we hit a really hot day during my free dining trip I might just get it. I bet it would be so refreshing.

Thanks so much for posting this! I looked it up on Deb Will's site and it is the Flame Tree BBQ...

Fruit Plate - seasonal sliced fruit plate served with honey yogurt $6.99

We've gotten the mixed fruit (watermelon, grapes, cantelope, honeydew melon, oranges?????) in the food courts at AKL and Contemp before. (I think it comes in a plastic rectangular container approx 4 x 6 inches). Does that count as a dessert? It was SOOOO good! :goodvibes It would be great to get that and stick it in the fridge for breakfast the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter