Full Size At Emerald Aisle

jel0511

DIS Veteran
We have a full-size car reserved for our trip, with EA service. Has anyone had problems getting a full-size car at MCO? If there aren't any, should I just go to the full-size aisle? Also, what cars are considered full-size at MCO? I know a Buick Regal is one, but car rental companies usually have more than one type of car. Any help would be appreciated!!

A lot of companies also use Grand Prix, Malibu, Impala, and Century as full-size cars. Some are more full size than others. :)

In addition to the Buick Regal, Pontiac Grand Prix, Toyota Camry, Oldsmobile Intrigue and Chevy Malibu are all considered by National to be full-size. I also have also seen many Mitsubishi Gallants which may be considered by National to be full-size. I've only driven the Grand Prix and Camry. At MCO, the full-size aisle is adjacent to the Emerald Aisle, so it is easy to scope out cars available on both. I've selected a Grand Prix from the full-size aisle the last two trips (March and June), even though some of the available vehicles on the EA may have been full-size as well. I did not have any problems at the check-out kiosk. My reservations said full-size or my choice at the EA.

Ralph

When we used EA last December, there were no full sizes on the EA, just a bunch of intermediates like Grand Am's and Lancers. I had a full size reservation, so I took an Intrigue off the full size aisle with no problem. Last month, they did have some full sizes on the aisle, I took a Buick Century. Nothing bigger than full size like a van or convertible. The full size aisle was mostly Malibu's, which are on the small size.

The last several times the selection wasn't very good on the Aisle. By the time you figure out what you are supposed to be doing or what aisle you can grab one from I decided it was easier to just rent from Hertz. We walked to the bus, it left immediately. I was there in a matter of mins. and driving off very quickly. I am a Hertz Gold member so I can bypass the counter. I wouldn't go back to National now. I also got a great special on a car so that it was cheaper to have a Premium car than a full size. National couldn't touch the price even with my DC discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter