Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much worried about getting to Greece etc. Testing to fly home etc. is a concern to my travel party as well as flying all the way to Rome, having to test and not be able to get on the ship.
That is my concern also. The cruise we are on ports in 6 different countries. I'm not even sure all of them are allowing Americans or what the restrictions are. There also seems to be a lot of unrest in Europe right now. I'm going to give it until March to see where things are at. Maybe I'll give it longer if they extend the PIF date. Another factor is the cruise is very expensive and a bit of a stretch for me financially. I don't want to waste money on something half-baked. We will definitely cruise again before my son's 18th birthday, but it may be a B2B on the Fantasy instead.

Vaccination or not there is no way I am paying the price of a Disney cruise with so many rules , masks and so on.
As someone that has done one cruise, it wasn't as bad as it seems. That being said it was a four-day cruise I booked a week in advance with a discount. I think you are justified in feeling that way. Disney cruises are ridiculously expensive compared to the competition.

Unfortunately made the decision to cancel our first Disney cruise today. We were going on the 5 night Marvel Day At Sea in February on the Magic.
Highly, HIGHLY disappointed with Disney for this decision.

What’s even more of a bummer is that we were doing Disney after the cruise for a few nights. Now we would like to extend that stay being that we aren’t doing the cruise, and everything is sold out. Literally everything the week from 2/18 to 3/1. Nothing available. Plus, we now have to try and change our non-refundable flight to Miami to MCO. Hoping JetBlue’s policy allows it. Might have to resort to going on one of the DVC resale sights.

No DCL for us until these restrictions ease up. If they ever do.

Unfortunately made the decision to cancel our first Disney cruise today. We were going on the 5 night Marvel Day At Sea in February on the Magic.

What’s even more of a bummer is that we were doing Disney after the cruise for a few nights. Now we would like to extend that stay being that we aren’t doing the cruise, and everything is sold out. Literally everything the week from 2/18 to 3/1. Nothing available. Plus, we now have to try and change our non-refundable flight to Miami to MCO. Hoping JetBlue’s policy allows it. Might have to resort to going on one of the DVC resale sights.

May be part of the entire cruise industry for a long time. Not because of the cruise lines, basically dictated by the ports of call.

My TA called DCL today about cancelling our inaugural Wish cruise. DCL told him explicitly that the vax mandate was only in effect til May 2022 and would not effect our June Wish sailing. I have not been able to find this in writing anywhere. Can anyone else confirm this ?
Like others have posted no way to know what ports will require 7 months from now. Requirements right now are still changing literally on a daily basis. Ships are having in some cases to deal with changes after they have started their cruises. I guess getting even an empty ship through the Panama Canal has been an adventure just to get the pilot on board to guide the ship through the canal.
As a 40+ year cruiser, I think some requirements may never go away. Sort of like the installation of hand sanitation and staff greeting you with sanitizer at restaurants that came into being about 20 years ago due to the norovirus outbreaks.

I think the CM answering the phone was mistaken.
Not a surprise.
It's not DCL's call. If they want to cruise, they have to abide by the restrictions in the countries they will be porting in. The other option is to stop cruising entirely until the other countries don't have restrictions.

Can you replace the cruise with Universal instead of more WDW?

That's Presidents' Day weekend at the beginning and Mardi Gras at the end. Lots of school vacations in various parts of the country for one or the other, plus schools in the northeast who get winter break then. Crazy busy time at WDW.

I know. We are from NY and have President’s week off, which is why we did the Magic cruise from 2/19 to 2/24. We’re returning home Monday 2/28. We were ok with our daughter missing 1 day of school because of the cruise. Makes no sense now to just go for the weekend and miss a day of school with the whole week off. Just a monkey wrench we didn’t plan for. We booked Poly months ago based off of the cruise.

What’s weird is that I have kept checking Disney’s site to see if a different room became available at Poly, PRIOR to the cruise changing their vaccine policy. And then one day, nothing was available. Did anyone else notice this?

Not a surprise.

It's not DCL's call. If they want to cruise, they have to abide by the restrictions in the countries they will be porting in. The other option is to stop cruising entirely until the other countries don't have restrictions.

If that’s the case, then why does Royal Caribbean still only require 12 and over be vaccinated when sailing to same ports. Am I wrong in stating that?

If that’s the case, then why does Royal Caribbean still only require 12 and over be vaccinated when sailing to same ports. Am I wrong in stating that?

Previously, DCL seemed to always be behind the others in announcing new requirements. This time, I think they're first. The others will almost surely follow along soon.

Previously, DCL seemed to always be behind the others in announcing new requirements. This time, I think they're first. The others will almost surely follow along soon.

But it’s a Disney decision. Not a port decision.
If it was a port decision, all cruise lines would have to adhere to the policy. RCCL’s web site still states only 12 and over need to be vaxxed through March ‘22 sailings. Disney made it effective January.

I know. We are from NY and have President’s week off
Right, my point is the latter part of February is always an extremely busy time at WDW, especially so on years when Presidents' Day and Mardi Gras collide or follow each other closely. Add in states like mine that usually sneak in with vacation the week after Presidents' Day but this year our break is the same week as Presidents' Day. So while it's always bus, this years happens to be even more schools off at that time than usual.

Resorts at WDW have been hard to book. Revenge travel adds to the usual busy-ness at that time. And WDW's booking algorithm makes it even harder. Try splitting it up into smaller chunks of 2 or 3 nights to see if you can get anything.

But it’s a Disney decision. Not a port decision.
If it was a port decision, all cruise lines would have to adhere to the policy. RCCL’s web site still states only 12 and over need to be vaxxed through March ‘22 sailings. Disney made it effective January.
Why not cruise on Royal then?

Right, my point is the latter part of February is always an extremely busy time at WDW, especially so on years when Presidents' Day and Mardi Gras collide or follow each other closely. Add in states like mine that usually sneak in with vacation the week after Presidents' Day but this year our break is the same week as Presidents' Day. So while it's always bus, this years happens to be even more schools off at that time than usual.

Resorts at WDW have been hard to book. Revenge travel adds to the usual busy-ness at that time. And WDW's booking algorithm makes it even harder. Try splitting it up into smaller chunks of 2 or 3 nights to see if you can get anything.

I tried that. I actually thought that would work, and got excited at the prospect of a split stay. I would add on 3 or 4 days prior to our original stay. Nothing available.

Why not cruise on Royal then?

I have nothing against Royal. I’m not an avid cruiser, and Royal is the only one I’ve ever done (14 day Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona back in ‘09 for our honeymoon). But Disney is what we wanted for our daughter. She’s been asking about it for years, seeing all the commercials. Royal was beautiful, but just doesn’t entice us at this time.

Try Disney's Vero Beach resort- see if you can get availability either via their website or DVC. It has almost a cruise-like atmosphere. Self-contained in terms of you never really needing to leave the resort, next to the ocean, peaceful, nice pool, mini-golf, family activities, hammocks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter