Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the ideas. I already mentioned to him that if the mandates are still in place, I would still like to go on the cruises rather than waste all those points we have paid for. I have a sister that has told me she can go with me. He got angry when I brought it up but I will revisit the issue if the mandates are still in place at the beginning of July. If the situation were reversed and I was choosing to not get the vaccine, I would have no issue letting him go on the cruises but I don't want to cause tension in our marriage so I will have to see how the discussion goes if I have to have it.
It's good you have some months before the cruise. I hope things work out for you.

I have cruised without my husband many times too, but it was with his blessing because he didn't want to go or didn't have the time off. I wouldn't just say sorry you are not vaccinated were going to punish you and go without you. I would assume if traveling without her spouse was an option she wouldn't have brought up the situation on this forum.

There are plenty of places you can go as a family where vaccines aren't required. but like you said ultimately it is her choice, her marriage. There's plenty of time to use the points at WDW or sell them. Heck If I didn't have a cruise planned for July 31 I'd buy them.
I'm sorry if my prior statements did not clarify that the returned 850 points are "reservation points" not DVC points. Returned reservation points cannot be used for DVC Resort Reservations or for World Collection exchanges so we cannot use them to stay at DVC Resorts and we cannot rent them out either. Also, returned reservation points cannot be banked as well. Using them on a cruise before 7/31/22 is the only option. Naturally, I don't want to go on the cruises without my husband but losing the equivalent of $10,000 is hard to swallow.

I got the impression the poster was just venting about the situation….not looking for marital advice.
I originally posted to answer someone's question regarding whether the 125% cruise credit would be lost if a cruise was not rescheduled before the end of September, 2022. I was just sad about the fact that we might lose 850 points if the vaccine mandate does not relax or go away by July, 2022 and decided to mention that as well. I really do appreciate all the responses.

Thanks for the ideas. I already mentioned to him that if the mandates are still in place, I would still like to go on the cruises rather than waste all those points we have paid for. I have a sister that has told me she can go with me. He got angry when I brought it up but I will revisit the issue if the mandates are still in place at the beginning of July. If the situation were reversed and I was choosing to not get the vaccine, I would have no issue letting him go on the cruises but I don't want to cause tension in our marriage so I will have to see how the discussion goes if I have to have it.
I hope he either changes his mind and lets you go without complaint or gives in and gets the vaccine.

I'm sorry if my prior statements did not clarify that the returned 850 points are "reservation points" not DVC points. Returned reservation points cannot be used for DVC Resort Reservations or for World Collection exchanges so we cannot use them to stay at DVC Resorts and we cannot rent them out either. Also, returned reservation points cannot be banked as well. Using them on a cruise before 7/31/22 is the only option. Naturally, I don't want to go on the cruises without my husband but losing the equivalent of $10,000 is hard to swallow.
I hope it works out for you. This issue is dividing families no doubt about it. I’m one to respect other people medical decisions, and I would never pressure someone. That’s a tough spot to be in. Good luck.

I know. We are from NY and have President’s week off, which is why we did the Magic cruise from 2/19 to 2/24. We’re returning home Monday 2/28. We were ok with our daughter missing 1 day of school because of the cruise. Makes no sense now to just go for the weekend and miss a day of school with the whole week off. Just a monkey wrench we didn’t plan for. We booked Poly months ago based off of the cruise.

What’s weird is that I have kept checking Disney’s site to see if a different room became available at Poly, PRIOR to the cruise changing their vaccine policy. And then one day, nothing was available. Did anyone else notice this?

I’m replying to my own post lol.
And it’s just kind of off topic.
But my TA from Dreams Unlimited got back to me as why there was a sudden disappearing act of the booking availability for WDW hotels…

“One major thing that happened, was that AS Sports resort was supposed to open the end of December and that has been delayed (date unknown). So Disney took a major chuck of existing availability out of inventory so that it could move guests arounds so that those booked at Sports had somewhere to stay.”

hope this helps someone else.

I’m replying to my own post lol.
And it’s just kind of off topic.
But my TA from Dreams Unlimited got back to me as why there was a sudden disappearing act of the booking availability for WDW hotels…

“One major thing that happened, was that AS Sports resort was supposed to open the end of December and that has been delayed (date unknown). So Disney took a major chuck of existing availability out of inventory so that it could move guests arounds so that those booked at Sports had somewhere to stay.”

hope this helps someone else.
Oh, that explains why there's no more value availability all of the sudden before/after our cruise. I wanted to add a night. Its not in the budget to move to a mod or deluxe (we have 2 high school seniors, such an expensive year), and now I'm thinking of skipping the parks all together and just heading on to Cocoa Beach.

I hope it works out for you. This issue is dividing families no doubt about it. I’m one to respect other people medical decisions, and I would never pressure someone. That’s a tough spot to be in. Good luck.
Thanks for the kind words. I totally agree with you and I have never tried to coerce or pressure my husband to get the vaccine. I believe he should make the decision that he feels is best for himself. His decision not to get the vaccine is not religious or medical, it's personal. He does not think the vaccine is safe to get. Ever since I got the vaccine, any time discussions with my husband include anything related to the vaccine, he tell me that I'm probably going to die soon because I chose to get the vaccine. Obviously, I don't like being told I'm doing to die soon so I try hard to not have discussions with him that involve anything related to the vaccine. This pandemic and everything related to it has caused a great deal of tension in our marriage and in our household. Nobody ever said marriage and family life would be easy but I never expected a pandemic to hit and cause this much unrest. I hope everything goes back to normal soon for my sake and other people who are going through issues like mine.

He got angry when I brought it up but I will revisit the issue if the mandates are still in place at the beginning of July.

You're in a tough spot, but I expect he is more frustrated and annoyed with the situation (the pandemic) than your suggestion (cruising with your sister). I'm sure he really wants to go on the cruise, too, and the combination of DVC rules and cruise line/port rules and his own decision causing him to miss it is generating the anger. A few months from now, things may be different, or he may have finally accepted the repercussions of his decision. Or maybe he'll change his mind and it will be moot point.

I went to 3 stops in the Bahamas just over a month ago. If anything, the Bahamas will end ALL requirements. They are dying on the vine. Talked to a lot of locals. None of the chain restaurants etc. are even open at the ports when you get off the ship. You basically walk through boarded up shops to go to the taxi/shuttle stop to go to an excursion. Both of the Senor Frogs were closed in Freeport and Nassau. When Senor Frogs is closed with 3 ships at port, you know there are problems.
Most Bahamians are still unvaccinated, and medical facilities and access are limited on the islands. A massive Covid outbreak won't help their economy.

Ever since I got the vaccine, any time discussions with my husband include anything related to the vaccine, he tell me that I'm probably going to die soon because I chose to get the vaccine. Obviously, I don't like being told I'm doing to die soon so I try hard to not have discussions with him that involve anything related to the vaccine.
It isn't right or normal that you should have to walk on eggshells around your husband like that. The way he's talking to you is abusive, and the anger he displayed when you mentioned the possibility of alternative trip plans is controlling. I recommend (individual) therapy to get some perspective on the unhealthy imbalance in your marriage.

It isn't right or normal that you should have to walk on eggshells around your husband like that. The way he's talking to you is abusive, and the anger he displayed when you mentioned the possibility of alternative trip plans is controlling. I recommend (individual) therapy to get some perspective on the unhealthy imbalance in your marriage.
I agree on the abusive and controlling aspects my husband has been exhibiting but I'm trying to be understanding and not make things worse. I have been thinking of getting individual therapy for awhile now to help reduce some of the stress I have been under so thank you for the suggestion. This may be the push I need to finally go do it.

I agree on the abusive and controlling aspects my husband has been exhibiting but I'm trying to be understanding and not make things worse. I have been thinking of getting individual therapy for awhile now to help reduce some of the stress I have been under so thank you for the suggestion. This may be the push I need to finally go do it.
You sound like a kind and patient person, sorry this is happening to you. Hang in there and please take care of yourself. If vaccines are still required in June (likely), I do hope you will go with your sister—sounds like you could use a bit of a break to get away from it all and relax and be happy.

I don’t have a lot of add to the discussion, but I do want to add another post of support. You are in an incredibly hard situation right now.

Thank you for so eloquently posting exactly what I wanted to say. I agree completely. We are here for you, lady! ❤️ You deserve to be treated better.

I went to 3 stops in the Bahamas just over a month ago. If anything, the Bahamas will end ALL requirements. They are dying on the vine.
Not sure how that is even possible. The Bahamas has been devastated by people getting sick. They are risk of not having anyone alive to run any of the businesses when the pandemic eases.

Not sure how that is even possible. The Bahamas has been devastated by people getting sick. They are risk of not having anyone alive to run any of the businesses when the pandemic eases.

Do remember that the vaccine requirement is only required for cruises to go to the Bahamas. Unvaccinated traveling by air only have to show negative within 5 days. Things change all the time right now. What the rules are in May or summer or fall really no one knows for sure.

Do remember that the vaccine requirement is only required for cruises to go to the Bahamas. Unvaccinated traveling by air only have to show negative within 5 days. Things change all the time right now. What the rules are in May or summer or fall really no one knows for sure.
Oh, absolutely. The rules change daily. But some other cruise lines have dropped the Bahamas until 2023 just because of the concern about the pandemic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter