Fun card or silver passport

weluvpluto

DIS Veteran
I need some opinions... we've never been to Seaworld. We are planning to go this year and I was thinking about getting the Fun Card, but then I looked at the Silver Passport and it would only cost $130 more for our family. We bought Disney APs because we are planning another trip within the year time frame.

I guess what I mainly need to know is do you go each year to Seaworld? My daughters love dolphins and sea creatures, I guess I'm just leery about spending money getting annual passes for a park we've never been to yet.

Well, I only live 3.5 hours to the South, so I drive up many times.

I'm sure you'll be back next year. It's easy to get from Disney to SWF. There is a bus that takes you from the TTC to SWF, it's #50 on the www.golynx.com site. If you rent the car, it's an easy drive up I-4. And there is a shuttle from the HRH to SWF if you're doing an IOA/USF trip.

I started with the Fun card 2 years ago, and upgraded to Silver for both parks (BGT/SWF). Next year I'll probably upgrade to Platinum so I can visit BGW. I think the APs are worth the money.

I have a gold passport to Sea World and Busch Gardens. I really do like it. The fun pass is a great deal but it does not include parking. Also it does not give the food and merchandise discounts that the Silver and Gold passports do. I live in the area, so my passport gets a lot of use. I love going to Sea World to walk around and can see the Clyde and Seamore show over and over again.

However, given the distance for you, I am not sure that it would be so beneficial unless you planned to come back more then once before it expired. However, if you know that you will be back again within a year (meaning besides later this year which the fun pass would cover), then it might be a good idea.

Also, if you buy them online, you can use the e-z pay option that spread the cost out over time. This is what I used and so my cc gets billed $8 each month. Much easier on the wallet than the entire cost up front.

The fun cards are good thru Dec31, so what most families do (mine included) is Mom or Dad gets the annual pass in order to get the free parking and shopping discounts, and the rest of the family gets the fun cards. Unless you are planning return trips after year's end this would save you money over getting everyone the silvers.

It depends how often you go, I go really often living in Florida so I originally got the silver passport with the E-Z pay for Sea World and Busch Gardens.It was $11.52 a month for 1 year.Parking is free w/ silver, gold and platinum, but you have to pay with the fun card. After the year was up I upgraded to the platinum w/ E-Z pay at $12 a month for two years with all Busch Gardens(virginia, Florida),all Sea worlds( Florida, Texas, California), the waterparks in williamsburg and Tampa and Sesame Place in Philly all included.I've already used the new passsport in Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, which is a beautiful park with great rides and shows and Adventure Island the waterpark in Tampa, basically paying an extra 48 cents a month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter