Fun Facts

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
In 1895 in the entire State of Ohio there was only two cars and they manged to crash into each other

In 1895 in the entire State of Ohio there was only two cars and they manged to crash into each other

Must have been two teenagers :rotfl:

Found this on the net:

Real diamonds don't show up on an X-ray

13/08: Scientist Niels Bohr was “given a house next door to the Carlsberg brewing company, and had a pipeline running from the brewery into the house so that he could have a never-ending supply of fresh beer on tap”.

The Texas cattle population is estimated to be near 16 million. This means that there are only 4 states in the nation that have more people than we have cattle.

More people are killed by blankets than by shark attacks:confused3

Thomas Edison was once a judge for the Miss America contest.

My fun fact requires a story:

Gone With The Wind was an immediate bestseller. Soon after it's publication production began for making the movie. The studio decided to cast Clark Gable as Rhett Butler (which was also the popular choice).

However, before the announcement was made, some studio person came up with an idea based on the fact that the author, Margaret Mitchell, was a well-known movie lover (she and her husband attended the movies every single week; indeed, she died, struck by a car, while leaving a movie theater).

The studio guy said, "why don't we send a camera over to Mrs. Mitchell's house and ask her, on film, which actor she had in mind when she wrote the character of Rhett Butler?" All thought it a marvelous idea. They also believed that she would say "Clark Gable", which would be great publicity.

Hence, a crew set off. They found Mrs. Mitchell, and asked her "Did you have some actor in mind while writing the part of Rhett Butler?"

Mrs. Mitchell: "Why, yes, as a matter of fact I did".

Producer: "Who?"

Mrs. Mitchell: "Groucho Marx!"

Needless to say, this film never saw the light of day.

I will add this: the next time you read GWTW, keep this story in mind. I did, and I could easily see how she had Groucho in mind, with the sarcastic attitude of Rhett.

SOS was picked as the international signal for distress because of the uniqueness of the morse code, not because it was initialism for "Save Our Ship", etc. In fact, it was first used by Germany. SOS does not actually stand for anything.

A skilled worker can plant 10,000 pineapple crowns by hand in a single 8 hour work day, covering 1/2 an acre of land. (Picked this one up on a recent tour of the Dole Plantation - my back aches just thinking about it.):wave2:

A skilled worker can plant 10,000 pineapple crowns by hand in a single 8 hour work day, covering 1/2 an acre of land. (Picked this one up on a recent tour of the Dole Plantation - my back aches just thinking about it.):wave2:

Mine too! :scared1:

I repeated this fun fact to some of my much younger co-workers this morning. The response from the one was, "so what did you do?" :rolleyes2 Punk:rotfl:

This was a fact I used to give out to visitors while i was a zookeeper.

An adult giraffe is capable of decapitating a lion with one kick.

Edith Wilson, second wife of President Woodrow Wilson, owned and drove an electric car.

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter