Fun Non Alcoholic Drinks

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

I will be a chaperone for our school's band trip this April. At our parents meeting, the school informed us that chaperones are not permitted to drink alcohol on trip. Tell me about your favorite fun Disney non alcoholic drinks.

Thanks!
Jody

Any 'vacation'drink can be made without alcohol - virgin Pina Colada's and the like. The Frozen Chai Latte is also good at AKL.

Oh come on. Prohibition ended a long time ago. You are adults aren't you. We are not talking about binge drinking. Time for another parent's meeting. :)

The reason is mainly social media. A student can take a pic of a parent having a drink and post "look at what our chaperones are doing!" You know what happens next. Everyone gets into an uproar. The teacher in charge gets in trouble. The school gets in trouble. The district gets in trouble. Not worth it.

Since I am not a drinker anyway, it's no big deal to me. I'm just looking for some fun treats to have while I am at Disney.

I second the Night Blossom! There’s also a similar drink at the Cheshire Cafe in fantasyland which is delicious. I cannot remember the name but the cafe is right near the tea cups!

My wife enjoyed her non-alcoholic fruit cooler at Via Napoli when we had pizza. Acqua Fresca I believe? Just had to look at the menu online.

The reason is mainly social media. A student can take a pic of a parent having a drink and post "look at what our chaperones are doing!" You know what happens next. Everyone gets into an uproar. The teacher in charge gets in trouble. The school gets in trouble. The district gets in trouble. Not worth it.

Since I am not a drinker anyway, it's no big deal to me. I'm just looking for some fun treats to have while I am at Disney.

That and usually the "school rules" follow any school trip. It's generally considered an extension of the school (at least in these parts).

There's always the shakes at the 50s Primetime Cafe.

Our favorite is the Lava Smoothie. It's the virgin version of the Pina CoLava.
The virgin version is so good.
Where can I get this? I love the Pina CoLava, but am not a big alcohol drinker.

I will admit I am intrigued by all the things you can add to your frozen coke in Epcot at Cool Wash, and will probably be stopping by there in 2 weeks!

I loved the birthday cake shake at ASM if you happen to be staying there.

Where can I get this? I love the Pina CoLava, but am not a big alcohol drinker.

I will admit I am intrigued by all the things you can add to your frozen coke in Epcot at Cool Wash, and will probably be stopping by there in 2 weeks!

I have been able to get the Lava Smoothie (virgin pina coloda) at every pool bar and lounge outside of the parks. I haven’t tried any of the in park lounges to see if they have it. Note usually it comes with raspberry but we have gotten it with other flavors based on what they have. My favorite is banana.

I have been able to get the Lava Smoothie (virgin pina coloda) at every pool bar and lounge outside of the parks. I haven’t tried any of the in park lounges to see if they have it. Note usually it comes with raspberry but we have gotten it with other flavors based on what they have. My favorite is banana.

It's really just a Pina Colada with a Rasberry swirl.
So anywhere you can get a Pina Colada you should be able to get a virgin. But not sure about the flavor swirls, which is what really makes it.

Nomad lounge is definitely worth it, it's a great place to rest and relax, and has food along with interesting non-alcoholic drinks. We had the ginger based Fizzie, it was good but you have to love ginger! lol They have a lot to choose from and could probably make you whatever you asked for.

Definitely the Lava Smoothie as others have recommended! The non-alcoholic drinks at Oga’s Cantina are fun, but don’t get the cold coffee one... blech!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter