Fun, uplifting TV shows from the 80s-90s

Sorry to bump, but I saw rewindTV is coming this fall (at least to selected markets) and has many of the shows listed. Might want to be on the lookout...
https://rewindtv.com/

That looks terrific! Thanks for the heads-up. :tigger:

I noticed Family Ties (which was my pick above) is on the list, and so is another one that I remember but have never been able to find before, called Head of the Class. There are a bunch more I liked as well, and the theme song to Who's the Boss is playing in my head now. :rolleyes1

Mork & Mindy & Bosom Buddies both launched iconic stars.

Pretty sure Nell Carter from Gimme a Break, Esther Roll from Good times and Charolette Rey from Facts of Life provided more soft parenting than any adult I have ever known, it was a nice time to be a kid.

Last edited:
Lol, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. But my favorite 80's show was Married with Children. I actually re-watched the series on Hulu last month and even though the humor would find a hard go in this day and age of sensitivity, it was still funny as hell. Quite frankly I hated the saccharinely sweet family comedies of the 80's, even then. Nobody's family ever behaved that way! However if you want stuff to watch with your kids, go back to the REAL classic television. like Odd Couple, I Love Lucy, etc.

Check out locast.org to see if its in your area. I use it for my local channels. It also has decades tv. Metv , comet, cozi tv, Atenna, gettv and Laff. All these stations play older shows from this time frame. Its only $5.00 a month

Last edited:
Check out locast.org to see if its in your area. I use it for my local channels. It also has decades tv. Metv , comet, cozi tv, Atenna, gettv and Laff. All this stations play older shows from this time frame. Its only $5.00 a month
Or put up an antenna and see what you can get. Free (after the install), better signal quality than over the internet, and possibly more channels.

I agree - not sure if its my age or not, but all those ABC family shows made me nauseous. Maybe I was just a tad too old for them, but god I hated them (I'm 57 now)

My kids were glued to small wonder ( robot daughter)
for awhile.
They are on youtube.
Now they have been watching silver spoons
And believe it or not they love the Rifleman (50s & 60s)

Fun thread :)

For cartoons: The Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Where Are You?, He-Man, and The Jetsons.

Other Shows: Family Ties, Eight is Enough, Northern Exposure, and even though I did not discover (start watching it much) it until more recently, my very favorite Touched by an Angel originated in the 90's and my Grandma loved it.

I don't think I saw this here but if it was sorry. I recently decided to try Peacock and I only have the free subscription but I've been rewatching Punky Brewster, yes there is a continuation of this show also on Peacock but I haven't seen it yet. A lot of people might think this show is too kiddy, I guess it depends on the kids ages but I'm 36 and still enjoy watching it.

I don't think I saw this here but if it was sorry. I recently decided to try Peacock and I only have the free subscription but I've been rewatching Punky Brewster, yes there is a continuation of this show also on Peacock but I haven't seen it yet. A lot of people might think this show is too kiddy, I guess it depends on the kids ages but I'm 36 and still enjoy watching it.

Punky Brewster was one of my pandemic binge-watches! (I watched the new one, then went back and re-watched the old one.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter