Funny announcements CMs make?

I had a CM tell me my shoe was untied.... I started to look and then realized I was wearing Crocs! :lmao:

I love this thread!

I always look forward to the funny little announcements from CMs; it's just a little extra magic and always makes me smile!

Not really an announcement, but more of a performance:

On our last night at Disney, we rode the boat from MK to WL. The CM serenaded us with his own versions of the Disney songs. It was hilarious, but also made for the perfect ending to a perfect vacation!

He also mentioned to not forget to take your kids with you. If you don't, then they'll end up in the Small World exhibit!

I have a recording of the last song he did, but didn't know how to upload it here :confused3

After boarding the boat to go back to the MK from WL, the attendant
hooked the "security rope" across the front of the seats to keep
passengers back. The attendant said something like "this is to
keep you from falling into the water" to my husband and I who were sitting in the front row. It was a cold night and my husband replied..."I sure
wouldn't want you to have to pull me out of that cold water!" to which the attendent replied..."and its a lot of paperwork too!" :rotfl:

Our last trip to the World was for our honeymoon. We were on the Safari in DAK and had on our just married pins. Our driver started picking on us and announced to the group that their was a couple of newlyweds on the safari and asked if anyone had any advice for us. No one really said anything so the driver said he had some advice for DH. Get really good at saying "Yes dear". He then kept asking him to say it and through the entire ride and he kept asking DH if he was still practicing "Yes Dear". He picked on us the entire ride, asking us random questions about the animals and every time I would say something he would coax DH to say "Yes Dear. Your right dear." It was hilarious. :rotfl:

On my BFF's 30th birthday a couple of years ago, we were taking a boat from Epcot back to the YC. The skipper let my friend be a "guest announcer" and had her do all the annoucements like where the first and next stop would be, and he prompted her all the things she had to say. But the funniest thing he did was, she had on a pair of Eeyore ears (headband) and every time he leaned in to whisper something else for her to say, he lifted her "ear" so she could hear him! It was the highlight of our trip!

My son and I had THE BEST Jungle Cruise guide EVER last trip. This guy had the whole boat in stitches, shooting at the fireworks and just rolling out one gut buster after another. The clincher was when we got to "Shirley's temple" and turned out the lights he started singing...

"Is it raining? Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing,
So the danger must be growing.
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes, the danger must be growing,
For the rowers keep on rowing,
And they're certainly not showing,
Any signs that they are slowing!"pixiedust:

Then the little light went on in my head :teacher: and I recognized where it was from. It was just such a classic moment; I know some people on the boat had no idea where it came from but for those that did this guy just made the whole ride.

My son and I take "What Would Walt Do" pins with us each trip so I went back the next day and filled out a card at the "Court House" and left one for him. Funny thing was we went back a couple days later and the other CM's had started doing it. We always do JC at night (which is twice the ride that it is in the day time), so other CM's on that shift must have found out.

This is a thread best suited to the ThemeParks Community Board and as such I'll be moving this one there.

Thanks,

I know I've heard many funny things from the tram drivers but the one I can remember now is:
"Only 5 to a row, for your children's safety, please place small children in the middle. If they won't sit in the middle, please place them in the center."

One of my favorites was when I was there with 3 of my girlfriends for spring break in college. We were on the JC and when we were in the tunnel approaching the Buddha statue, the CM (who was probably the same age as us) said "This one is for you ladies" and pointed to us and then started dancing and singing "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys. We were just about the only ones on the boat who got it, but it was hilarious!

one time on the jungle cruise our skipper said at the end of the tour "please clap for yours truly an while we clapped she said Dont, ....... Stop," which eventually led to her rapidly saying "dont stop, please dont stop clapping"

On the Jungle Cruise, we were told our path was leading us "into danger, disaster, or worse, a Disney gift shop!!" It got plenty of laughs from the more experienced visitors, myself included! So true.

She also told us that we can't exit thru the wrong door lest we be sent to work as a child in IASW! She said she'd been there 5 years before being rescued and sent to work the JC, and Mike on the dock had been a hula girl after his parents forgot him on the boat, but don't ask him about it, it's a tender topic. Mike got plenty of giggles and looks from us, and seemed quite confused! She also mentioned Shirley's temple, and various things about the headhunters, etc. She was the best by far. We did it at night, and now I'll definitely go back for the seemingly more entertaining night rides.

My son and I had THE BEST Jungle Cruise guide EVER last trip. This guy had the whole boat in stitches, shooting at the fireworks and just rolling out one gut buster after another. The clincher was when we got to "Shirley's temple" and turned out the lights he started singing...

Then the little light went on in my head :teacher: and I recognized where it was from. It was just such a classic moment; I know some people on the boat had no idea where it came from but for those that did this guy just made the whole ride.

My son and I take "What Would Walt Do" pins with us each trip so I went back the next day and filled out a card at the "Court House" and left one for him. Funny thing was we went back a couple days later and the other CM's had started doing it. We always do JC at night (which is twice the ride that it is in the day time), so other CM's on that shift must have found out.

LMAO!! I'd have been singing along!! That is AWESOME!!!! :rotfl:

We had a extremely funny waiter at a character breakfast in AK. Upon hearing that I was a Disney Store CM he immediately took away my silverware and dishes and brought me back paper and plastic versions, telling me "Sorry, as a Cast Member this is the best you get".

Another trip we took a red-eye on Delta. Arriving in Atlanta the flight attendant announced "Thank you for flying with us. It's been our pleasure watching you sleep".

On our last trip, flying Southwest from Raleigh, NC to Orlando, the pilot said "in the unlikely event of a water landing" during his announcements. We laughed about that for a while.

What is this song from? It sounds familiar. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter