FYI: Na’vi River Bummer

Maybe I need to watch the movie to appreciate the ride.

It didn't help that I rode on my solo trip and was put on the ride in the same row as a family and the mom was completely put out and wanted me to step back out of the boat. So I had to sit there next to someone who was huffy about me being there as if I had crashed their entire vacation.
My goodness, I had the same experience with Frozen in Epcot. Perhaps it was the same huffy Mom!

They wanted me to sit in the same row as 2 people from a different group and I would not do it. Those boats are too small and I would have been squished against the person. I usually do things as asked but those boats are small and I am not
That's what my first thought was, I don't remember being squished either in 2017 when we first rode it.

I know the rows can handle more adults but usually they seem to use discretion to not smush a bunch all together when not of the same party (at least what I was seeing). IDK if the fact that my husband is very tall (although very thin) helps but I swear that's what they were doing as more of a norm keeping it more 2 adults in each row or 2 adults and 1 kid but usually of the same party if it was 2 adults and 1 kid from what I was seeing.

Ironically I was just mentioning single rider on a different thread about DLR Space Mountain but I feel like Navi is a bit difficult to fill in the extra space unless the PP would have been the 2nd person in the row for the exact reason you mentioned and what was my first thought the boats are small and the rows not super roomy

That's what my first thought was, I don't remember being squished either in 2017 when we first rode it.

I know the rows can handle more adults but usually they seem to use discretion to not smush a bunch all together when not of the same party (at least what I was seeing). IDK if the fact that my husband is very tall (although very thin) helps but I swear that's what they were doing as more of a norm keeping it more 2 adults in each row or 2 adults and 1 kid but usually of the same party if it was 2 adults and 1 kid from what I was seeing.

Ironically I was just mentioning single rider on a different thread about DLR Space Mountain but I feel like Navi is a bit difficult to fill in the extra space unless the PP would have been the 2nd person in the row for the exact reason you mentioned and what was my first thought the boats are small and the rows not super roomy
I don't remember how many people were in the family or how many people were in the row, but I do know the cast member instructed me to sit there and had already filled the space behind me (in the numbered area where you stand and wait) with the people for the next boat.

The huffy mom had already sat on the end and had to scoot over for me. She acted like I didn't know what I was doing. I was simply following directions.

On a solo trip I'm used to being seated with various people so I thought nothing of it but the mom clearly did.

The huffy mom had already sat on the end and had to scoot over for me. She acted like I didn't know what I was doing. I was simply following directions.
Yeah that's the worst, it's obviously not your fault. The mom may have not wanted it but at least don't make such a fuss about it.

Not Navi but I know on our trip last month we rode the Safari and they squished 5 adults in the front row. The poor girl to my right (she was in the middle) couldn't really see anything and we were playing gymnastics with our bodies since our shoulders and all sorta could fit in all together. I found out later on from my CM friend that they should not have loaded it like that. We were a party of two, they were a party of three. I thought when we were there that there's no way this would be normal for the front row, and I found out I was right.

Yeah that's the worst, it's obviously not your fault. The mom may have not wanted it but at least don't make such a fuss about it.

Not Navi but I know on our trip last month we rode the Safari and they squished 5 adults in the front row. The poor girl to my right (she was in the middle) couldn't really see anything and we were playing gymnastics with our bodies since our shoulders and all sorta could fit in all together. I found out later on from my CM friend that they should not have loaded it like that. We were a party of two, they were a party of three. I thought when we were there that there's no way this would be normal for the front row, and I found out I was right.

Wow! I wonder if the party of 3 just misunderstood and was supposed to be in the next jeep? I've had that happen before where people don't get that they are on the next one (whatever one) and just keep coming. Usually the CM stops them though! (Honestly the time it happened where I shared with someone on Pirates there was miscommunication between the CMs. I was going to wait, but the people said to go ahead. Actually at DL there was a miscommunication at It's a Small World and I ended up in the front row but solo.)

I REALLY miss the days of one party per row on the Safari - I was able to get amazing pictures from BOTH sides of the vehicle sliding back and forth.

Wow! I wonder if the party of 3 just misunderstood and was supposed to be in the next jeep? I've had that happen before where people don't get that they are on the next one (whatever one) and just keep coming. Usually the CM stops them though! (Honestly the time it happened where I shared with someone on Pirates there was miscommunication between the CMs. I was going to wait, but the people said to go ahead. Actually at DL there was a miscommunication at It's a Small World and I ended up in the front row but solo.)

I REALLY miss the days of one party per row on the Safari - I was able to get amazing pictures from BOTH sides of the vehicle sliding back and forth.
I would have thought that too like it was an error on their part if I hadn't seen the CM direct them to our row while we had been sitting in it, like there was a brief pause in between when we were loaded and when the CM directed them to our row rather than a situation of just follow the person in front of you.

We def. weren't like the lady the PP experienced but I did joke in a light-hearted way "my hips aren't meant for this" which got a laugh from them because well heck they were in an uncomfortable position, so were we, let's just make some humor out of it. But I know the girl in the middle was disappointed because her vantage point meant she missed a lot and then the rest of her party probably felt bad for it.

Maybe it depends when you go and how busy it is. (Not that there's really a slow time.) My party of 2 even shared a row on IASW.

On Pirates I shared.

And, not a boat, but I shared on BTMR.

Looking at our photos for both times we rode pirates last month we did not share just us 2 in the row but we were in the very back row in the first time and the front row the last time; at Pirates they do weight distribution IIRC. I know the one time we rode it's a small world we also didn't share. I'll have to look over our photos from 2017 at some point when we went during Irma where there was no crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter