Galactic Starcruiser amenities (spoilers OK)

Watching the bloggers/influencers' videos there were a few amenities I noticed missing. I did not see any mention of an indoor pool, spa area, fitness center, room service', etc. For the price point, I can't imagine everyone in the party would want to be running around all day and night. Where are the relaxing solutions for those who may have been on planet plenty of times and want to stay on the ship?

Watching the bloggers/influencers' videos there were a few amenities I noticed missing. I did not see any mention of an indoor pool, spa area, fitness center, room service', etc. For the price point, I can't imagine everyone in the party would want to be running around all day and night. Where are the relaxing solutions for those who may have been on planet plenty of times and want to stay on the ship?

This isn't a relaxing vacation. Of course, when I go to National Parks, I'm hiking 50+ miles in a week. You're basically playing games non-stop. My significant other would like this experience on a cruise ship when you're stuck at sea with little entertainment options. The rooms according to DFB are smaller than cruise ship rooms.

I just wanna know if there’s a little shelf in the shower for leg shaving purposes, or am I going to have to balance like a flamingo if I win the lottery and book a trip.

Yea, I mean I KNOW why they are justifying it, but I just don't see this being a sustainable model. There are a finite amount of people with the willingness to spend that much for a two night stay in a hotel that have every member of their party up for 3 day dinner theater. Assuming you have found those people, how many times are they willing to return?

I just think, if there are other options for people who want the immersion but not to LARP for two days, people can come back and try a different story line and still be able to immerse themselves in the idea of being on a cruiseliner in space.

There are time restrictions on the stay - you can't check in before a certain time, and you are supposed to get out after a certain time. So the number of hours is limited. You probably wouldn't want to take the time for pool, spa, fitness center within those limited hours.

Arrival day:
Guests should arrive at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Terminal after 1:00 PM and before 4:00 PM. Please ensure any travel plans allow for ample time to arrive at the terminal before 4:00 PM on the day that your voyage starts. You will not be allowed to board the starcruiser before 1:00 PM.

Departure day:
LAUNCH POD TO TERMINAL
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM

I'm not quite awake, but if I'm doing the math right, that's
11 hours maximum on Day 1
24 hours on Day 2
10 hours maximum on Day 3
45 hours total

And I assume people will be sleeping during some of those hours.

I believe I read that there are grab & go food options which you could eat in your cabin if you wished.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/arrival-time/https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/experience-highlights/

Last edited:
People need to get their heads around the fact that this is a two day immersive experience where food is included and you gat a room to stay over.

Its not a hotel / resort with Star Wars themeing, food and activities.

From the moment you check in, you are IN the immersion, and everything you do, everyone you interact with is part of the story and in character.

Its not like a Star Wars weekend, where you can take time out and be out of character and relax in the pool or spa or fitness center.

I think for the people that this is targeted for, it's going to work quite well and they will enjoy it. I am a pretty big (not huge) Star Wars fan, but I don't like any kind of audience participation type thing so this is a no go for me. I just don't see it as having a broad enough audience to sustain full bookings past the first year or two, which means things will eventually get cut in the name of cost savings, and then the whole thing falls apart.

For the price point, I can't imagine everyone in the party would want to be running around all day and night.

Here'd be my plan if married to a big SW LARPer with 2 kids eager to get into the immersion:

"Bye, darling. <hugs Kids 1 & 2> Bye, kids.

Mommy will be here in our Club Level room at the Grand when you guys land back on Earth.

Have fun! Cya later." (thinking, "Oh, thank goodness. What time is my spa session? I cannot wait!")

Do the rooms have a TV? I saw the tour the other day and was wondering. I don’t have a desire to stay there so it doesn’t matter to me, just pure curiosity.

Do the rooms have a TV? I saw the tour the other day and was wondering. I don’t have a desire to stay there so it doesn’t matter to me, just pure curiosity.
Yes, there are TV's with home planet programming. We have a joke in our family that every time we go to WDW there is a Harry Potter marathon playing on the SciFi channel.

STANDARD CABIN
Each Standard Cabin is fitted with furnishings and fixtures designed to ensure comfort while traveling throughout the galaxy—including a pullout table and a TV with entertainment from your home planet—and a window with a view out into space.

Last edited:
As was said, this isn't a regular hotel. There isn't a pool or spa. You'll be too busy role playing to do much of anything else.

I've heard that they might even interrupt you while you're eating to hustle you out of the dining area during an "attack". Personally I would find it very annoying if I was trying to enjoy a meal and ended up being told that I had to drop everything and leave my plate.

Unless you want to waste a substantial amount of money, you're not going to have time to watch tv.

This is a live action role playing game aka LARP. You'll be immersed in the gameplay with barely time to sleep.

The rooms do have a TV. According to one report, it has the standard channel lineup you get in any other WDW resort. Not planning on spending much time watching it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter