Garden Grill

pkp

Mouseketeer
We kind of ended up eating at the Garden Grill as a fluke. We were walking past the place to go get our fast pass at Soarin and realized we would probably be ready to eat around that time. The Garden Grill is right there, so we thought, what the heck - we'll give it a try. We were not dissapointed. It is probably one of the best meals we've ever had a Disney - great home cooking and all you can eat plus great service. Plus, we had 6 or 7 characters come by 2-3 times each - Pluto hit on my wife for five minutes. It was hilarious! Other than the resturaunt revolving very slowly, the scenery was uneventful. However, we will not miss eating here again on future trips. Apparantly, it must not be very popular - it was not even half full at noon in the middle of July - please try this place out - you will not be dissapointed!

Thanks for the review. It was very helpful. Ate there on a fluke as well and had a great meal.

I went for the first time in May with my DD for dinner. Desserts were GREAT! Kids got a decorate your own cupcake and adults got a platter of pecan pie type thing, lemon square, cheesecake and brownie. We saw Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale.

DSC02455.jpg

DSC02453.jpg

pkp said:
We kind of ended up eating at the Garden Grill as a fluke. We were walking past the place to go get our fast pass at Soarin and realized we would probably be ready to eat around that time. The Garden Grill is right there, so we thought, what the heck - we'll give it a try. We were not dissapointed. It is probably one of the best meals we've ever had a Disney - great home cooking and all you can eat plus great service. Plus, we had 6 or 7 characters come by 2-3 times each - Pluto hit on my wife for five minutes. It was hilarious! Other than the resturaunt revolving very slowly, the scenery was uneventful. However, . we will not miss eating here again on future trips. Apparantly, it must not be very popular - it was not even half full at noon in the middle of July - please try this place out - you will not be dissapointed!
My family and I, have an ADR for the Garden Grill on 8/18. Can you tell me what they serve? Though knowone in my party, are picky eaters (basically they will try just about anything atleast once). I have heard so many bad reviews and was really becoming a little nervous about going. So, any information would be gladly appreciate.
Also I read that there was about 7 characters there. Could you please tell me which one's were actually there. It would really be a big help with planning for pictures and autographs.

For dinner-
(Updated: 05/06)
Entree/Main Course

Adult Gardener's Dinner Menu (ages 10 & up) - Fresh tossed caesar salad, Grilled Flank Steak, Rotisserie Turkey Breast, Southern Fried Catfish, Tillamook cheddar casserole, Baby Vegetables, Fresh Pastry selection, Fudge brownie, Chocolate Swirl cheesecake, Lemon Bake and Chocolate Pecan Tart. Non-alcoholic beverage included. - $22.99 *

For lunch-
(Updated: 01/06)
Entree/Main Course

Adult Gardener's Lunch Menu (ages 10 & up) - Roasted Meats, Vegetarian Selections, Fresh seafood, Fresh baked breads, and Family dessert. - $19.99 *

Kid's lunch-
(Updated: 01/06)
Entree/Main Course

Young Gardener's Lunch Menu (Ages 3 to 9) - Choice of...Chicken tenders, Macaroni & cheese, French fries, Fresh veggies, and served with a Special dessert. Non-alcoholic beverage included: choice of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange soda, Lemonade light, Root beer, Orange juice, Apple juice, milk, and Chocolate milk. - $10.99 *

Kid's dinner-
(Updated: 05/06)
Entree/Main Course

Young Gardener's Dinner Menu (Ages 3 to 9) - Fried Chicken tenders, Macaroni & cheese, French fries, Fresh veggies, and served with a Special dessert. Non-alcoholic beverage included: choice of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange soda, Lemonade light, Root beer, Orange juice, Apple juice, milk, and Chocolate milk. - $12.99 *

As for the characters, I've heard Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto are usuals. Not sure about the other 3?

HTH!
Kate

Thanks for sharing your review, DH and I are planning to try Garden Grill on our next trip. :mickeyjum

The dessert plate looks great but what if 2 people want the same thing? DGS 5 will love decorating the cupcake but DGS 11 x2 might both want to do thatt or want a brownie /

When I was booking my ADR's for my upcoming trip, the CM said "Oh, that's a great choice! They have great food there!" when I booked Garden Grill..which I took as a good sign, I mean I also booked Brown Derby & Le Cellier and he said nothing about those, so I figure I am up the right alley here. Glad to hear you had a nice experience. Plus, even if it is bad, theres still characters!!!!

english rose 47 said:
The dessert plate looks great but what if 2 people want the same thing? DGS 5 will love decorating the cupcake but DGS 11 x2 might both want to do thatt or want a brownie /

We went for lunch and both got a puff pastry with chocalate and whip cream - I can't remember what was on it, but it was delicous - we were just too full to eat it.

Thanks - I ended up doing some juggling on my ADRs our upcoming trip and DD requested this one. We have never eaten there either. The deserts look great!

We ate there in June and it was one of the nicest dinners we've had at WDW. The vegetables are fresh and crisp-some of them are grown in the Land we were told-someone asked what if two people want the same dessert? They bring you more! We had them bring us more vegetables and catfish-don't be afraid to try it-it's a very mild white fish in a crispy coating-delicious! I think it's great character interaction for the kids-the characters are very attentive-they come to each table, "talk" to the families, pose for pictures-they must come around at least 5 or 6 times, and the night we were there the restaurant was nearly full.

We ate at GG in June. I have to say, we had a great meal! :thumbsup2 The characters came around numerous times! The food was very good, we loved the desserts!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting this about the Garden Grill. DH and I ate there in 2000 on a whim. I mean, what do two adults with no kids need with a character meal? We absolutely loved it then. We had seconds and thirds of everything and really enjoyed the characters. So, when planning our recent trip with our DS2, we knew we had to put this one on our list and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic - DH loved the catfish and I loved the flank steak. DS enjoyed his food too. It is a pretty calm, quiet atmosphere for a character meal and all of the characters came by multiple times as our DS warmed up to them over time. We like the revolving restaurant and not having to get up to get food from a buffet! ;)

I have to say this was the standout meal on our October trip as well.

The vegatarian selection was great. I can't remmber if it was spinach or mushroom ravioli. but it was ravioli in a light tomatoe sauce with vegatables. It was excellant!

Once again I post on GG! I'll never stop....

GG holds the best family memories for us, going thru the rotating scenes of American Farm Life is just the best!

The potatos, oh the potatos, I could eat two of those platters. All the food is wonderful and the catfish is surprisingly good (not a big fish eater). Dessert is wonderful. As said before, most of the food is home grown so you know its fresh. 4 Stars from us.

Sara

I couldn't decide between Garden Grill or 1900 Park Fare. We definetely want to meet Cinderella and I have booked Cindy's royal table too , but I'm told she won't be at the dinner. I also have Chef Mickey's. Should I go with Garden Grill or 1900 Park? Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter