Garden Grill

DISFANS3

Mouseketeer
I am looking for Info on the garden grill, is this a Character meal?? also are they open for just lunch and dinner?? Just looking for something different, have been to chef mickeys too many times.... 49 days and counting.... Thanks....

I really like the Garden Grill. It is a character meal for both lunch and dinner with Farmer Mickey and friends (Chip, Dale, Minnie, Pluto when we were there). There is also an Ice Cream Social at about 3:00 pm every day which is also a character meal. The character interaction has always been very good here for us.

We haven't eaten dinner there for two years, but we had terrific salad to start, the grilled flank steak, catfish, and grilled vegetables. (I might be missing something there.) The kids had macaroni and cheese and fried chicken strips. The first time we ate there (about 6 years ago), dessert was an absolutely delicious apple crisp with cinnamon ice cream. I can't remember what it was the last time. The kids had "dirt" pudding with gummi worms. The food is brought to the table, but you can request more of anything.

The restaurant revolves around several scenes from Living with the Land ride. My husband is very prone to motion sickness and had to leave dinner in the middle, because he was getting sick. This last trip he discovered Bonine and was fine for the Ice Cream Social.

Anything I'm forgetting?

Beth

The Garden Grill is very relaxing for a character meal. The restaurant rotates (VERY slowly) and the food is brought to the table. Ask to sit on the lower level (booths)-it's a nicer view. We already have our PS for our 4th visit there! by the way, the characters are Mickey, Pluto, Chip, Dale and the food is fantastic!

Hi

I have been now 3 times my last time was this May. It was excellent as ever. My daughter absoloutly loved it. The characters was Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. They came over played, had photos and signed autographs.

The food was excellent as ever. Steak, chicken, cat fish, veg, mash with gravy, rolls and dessert. My daughter had macaroni cheese, fries and chicken strips. All soft drinks are included. If you dont like certain bits they will keep bringing out the food you like. The service was excellent and the atmosphere is great.

It never has dissapointed us yet.

Michelle
:bounce: :tongue: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I went to the Garden Grill in Feb. 2004 w/my son (10). There was alot of character interaction (Farmer Mickey, Chip and Dale, and Pluto). The adult entree was sliced flank steak, fried catfish, veggies, mashed potatoes, and stuffing; for dessert was apple crisp w/vanilla ice cream. The children's meal was mac and cheese w/dirt cup w/gummi worms for dessert. This is an all you care to eat and there was a ton of food even without asking for more. I liked the catfish the best. The restaurant revolved but it was really slow. From the other posts, it doesn't sound like much has changed at this restaurant in awhile!

We've been to GG many, many times and have NEVER had a disappointing meal. The food has always been excellent, fresh and tastey. We've also had consistent great character interaction when here even when it's busy--when it's less busy they will visit more than once and spend even more time!

We did the rehitching ceremony on Saturday night, celebrated our 10th anniversary. Coincidentally, the couple seated next to us were on their honeymoon and got married the same day as our anniversary so we sent some cake over to them!! It was a fun time! I highly recommend GG for lunch or dinner. Oh and I ALWAYS ask for the lower level:p

We will be going to the Garden Grille for the Ice Cream Social. I'm surprised nobody mentioned it. It is held around 3pm every afternoon, and it $6.99 per person, it is a character meal, though it is really only a snack. A perfect way to cool off if you ask me, and the price is good too, I read about it on this site, www.allearsnet.com there are tons of info about all WDW restaurants, including all the menus and prices, you are sure to find it useful, but the ice cream social, is something different and it wont hurt your pocketbook. HTH
Kim

I guess I didn't look close enough, somebody did mention it, oh well at least I know that others are enjoying it too! :D

We have been to the Garden grill at least twice on different occasions and liked it both times. It keeps little ones interested with the constant changing scenery. The food was good and reasonably priced - you get a bonus with the characters.princess:

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#800080">Our family dined at the Garden Grille on Friday night.  First, we had the most wonderful server, (drat -can't remember his name - if I remember I'll come back and edit this post).  My father has allergies and the chef came out and discussed the ingredients and proceeded to prepare some of the items specially for him.  I thought that was fantastic.  Usually his allergies are not an issue as menus have choices - but the GG is limited.</font></p><p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#800080">I wasn't going to eat the catfish but tried it and liked it.  On the whole I think the food was okay - nothing special.  I prefer the family fare at the Liberty Tree.</font></p><p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#800080">We had seats on the second level and couldn't get a full view of the scenery.  The characters were fun for all of us...from Grandparents to 19 month old. </font></p>
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#800080">Glad we went, but will not go back anytime soon.  </font></p>
:flower2: :rose: :flower: :flower1:

We took my kids to the Garden Grill in Dec. 2003 as part of the package for the Christmas show at Epcot. We have a reservation for 5:00pm, when we got there we were the only people there.The characters started coming out about 15 minutes later and we had them all to ourselves!! It was FANTASTIC! By the time we were finished, the characters had each been to our able at least 3 times, it was priceless.

The food was excellent (served family style, even my picky father and husband raved about it), and they just kept bringing out more.

The one negative is that it is very loud in there.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DINNER!!!

We went for the first time in November for Thanksgiving and were very pleased with the meal. We had turkey, flank steak, & fish?, plus veggies, potatoes, salad, fresh bread and a great dessert of apple crisp with cinnamon ice cream. It was great. I am a very PICKY eater and I had plenty to eat. We were on the lower level and it was neat to see the restaurant revolve (slowly).

The characters came by and both Chip & Dale kissed my DD's hand and my hand. Then Pluto came by and so did Mickey. He pantomined to the waiter about how we were doing on our dinner. We didn't have a camera with us that time.

We went again for the Ice Cream social in May and I had my camera this time. We got pictures with Mickey, Chip & Dale. The ice cream was great and very filling. We were on the upper level this time and you don't notice it revolving as much as when you are on the lower level. I didn't seem to notice the noise so much.

I would definitely recommend it. My DH & I had wine with our dinner and both types were excellent.

I plan on visiting the GG for late lunch one afternoon and also for the ice cream social. Hope everyone enjoys their trip.
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter