Garden Tea Room Being Replaced?

Why kind of a tea room are you running here? :P

British pastries, as in scones, Eccles cakes, Cornish pasties (pronounced like "in the past.")--a handheld meat-veggie pie similar to a Hot Pocket

::::: hands over a bar of soap::::: Seems like a mind washup is in order, eh?

I don't think that has anything to do with it. More likely that the lobby is set to be renovated pretty soon and it doesn't make sense to reopen only to close it again shortly after.
Do u know when lobby renovations are starting and ending.
I’m staying over memorial weekend and didn’t realize that.
I thought it was just the rooms.
Thanks

My daughters and I would go to Afternoon Tea every trip, it was our girls time without dad. We loved it so much and miss not going since it has been closed. We have decided to make the Creperie in France Pavilion our girls time going forward...until the Tea Room opens up again or the new one on the Boardwalk opens.

Another GF tearoom fan here! Really don’t think it used much staff, they brought tea and then the 3 tiered tray, that was it. Had tea in Bath, England last summer at the Jane Austen house (Mr Wickham was a server). Will try the Cake Bake shop probably.

So the Garden Tea Room at the Grand Floridian is STILL not open :( I'd love to know if anyone has insight as to why but, perhaps, does anyone think it may be because of the new Cake Bake Shop restaurant will be offering afternoon tea? I mean, it's not even open yet but, perhaps that's why Disney never brought afternoon tea back?

I've sent a few emails to Disney already supporting the re-opening of the Garden Tea room but I don't think it does much help.

Any news, thoughts?
I was so hoping it would be back when we visit next month but it doesn’t look likely

Just an assumption, but if they are keeping it, it probably won’t open until after the lobby renovations are completed (hopefully along with 1900 Park Fare.) There’s also the possibility that neither will return and will be repurposed during renovations. Unfortunately, nothing has been announced yet as far as a timeline or lobby concept art. They have been quiet since the start, but hopefully we’ll hear something soon, as the outer building renovations are nearing completion.

I really hope this reopens once the lobby renovation is done. Late Spring start makes sense and hopefully done in time for the holidays.... Wish they had a tea room at the UK pavilion in Epcot! I love a good afternoon tea.
god me too! Love a afternoon tea with the little sammies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter