Gas- $3.99 a gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have to agree to disagree on your assessment of that. I don't think high oil prices were seen as the threat they had in mind when they set up the reserve.

There is the biggest war in Europe since World War 2 going on right now. That is why the reserve was setup. I don't buy that nonsense that it is only a "Special Military Operation".

There is the biggest war in Europe since World War 2 going on right now. That is why the reserve was setup. I don't buy that nonsense that it is only a "Special Military Operation".
No, the SPR was set up in response to the Oil Embargo of '73-'74. There has been no disruption in the importation of oil the the SPR was designed to guard against.

This is a quote from my Owner's Manual. I buy Costco gas almost 100% of the time.

Fuel

Top Tier Fuel

GM recommends the use of TOP
TIER Detergent Gasoline to keep
the engine clean, reduce engine
deposits, and maintain optimal
vehicle performance. Look for the
TOP TIER Logo or see
www.toptiergas.com for a list of TOP
TIER Detergent Gasoline marketers
and applicable countries.

Link here

I'm probably exaggerating the issue because I just bought the car in July and I want it to last.

2022 Hyundai Elantra:

HYUNDAI recommends that you use good quality gasolines treated with detergent additives such as TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline, which help prevent deposit formation in the engine. These gasolines will help the engine run cleaner and enhance performance of the Emission Control System. For more information on TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline, please go to the website (www. toptiergas.com).

For customers who do not use TOP Tier Detergent Gasoline regularly, and have problems starting or the engine does not run smoothly, detergent-based fuel additives that you can purchase separately may be added to the gasoline. If TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is not available, one bottle of additive added to the fuel tank according to the maintenance schedule is recommended (refer to the Maintenance Schedule in chapter 8).

Additives are available from your authorized HYUNDAI dealer along with information on how to use them. Do not mix other additives.

And then a note in the Maintenance Schedule
*2 : If TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is not available, one bottle of additive is recommended. Additives are available from your authorized HYUNDAI dealer along with information on how to use them. Do not mix other additives.

Gas down here in South Texas is $2.95/gallon. We're fortunate since we're only 125 miles south of the Corpus Christi refineries and 350 miles south of Houston.

This is a quote from my Owner's Manual. I buy Costco gas almost 100% of the time.

Fuel

Top Tier Fuel

GM recommends the use of TOP
TIER Detergent Gasoline to keep
the engine clean, reduce engine
deposits, and maintain optimal
vehicle performance. Look for the
TOP TIER Logo or see
www.toptiergas.com for a list of TOP
TIER Detergent Gasoline marketers
and applicable countries.

Link here
At today's fill up. Top Tier®

1663369902866.png

Actually the gas stations charging .25 more are plenty busy enough. The companies have spent big money to convince people they have magical unicorn blood and phoenix tears in their gas additives.

Illinois had to require a sticker be placed on the pumps because stations weren't passing the gas tax freeze on to their customers. A suit was filed against the state but the court upheld the stickers and the fines for not displaying them. This is well known.
At today's fill-up at Costco.

1663370199364.png

I paid 3.75 in NY today. Lower than the last months, but still not happy.

Yes, but I'm glad they cut off buying oil from that lunatic who started a war in Ukraine. Even if it means higher prices.
I think you overestimate the effect those sanctions had on gas prices here. US gasoline prices are $0.12 higher now than they were when Russia invaded. Also, it's not nearly so much that Europe stopped buying oil from Russia as it is Russia refuses to sell oil and gas to Europe. That is what is causing people to be very concerned about the cost of heating this winter.

I love seeing the differences in prices across the country/world here, but I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long given all the political talk! I'm impressed.

I love seeing the differences in prices across the country/world here, but I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long given all the political talk! I'm impressed.
Seems like a few just can't help themselves. I'm surprised it's still open too. I see some doubling down on the way.

Oil prices collapsing again today. Down to $78 a barrel. Expect another drop in gas prices.
I’d prefer the $41 a barrel it was two years ago especially after the stock market numbers again today. It’s really depressing for retired people or people ready to retire. My parents’ 401K plummeted 20% this year, so when you count the increase in food and gas, this is a tough time for people on fixed incomes.

I’d prefer the $41 a barrel it was two years ago especially after the stock market numbers again today. It’s really depressing for retired people or people ready to retire. My parents’ 401K plummeted 20% this year, so when you count the increase in food and gas, this is a tough time for people on fixed incomes.
Agreed. The collapse in prices is good news for all except the oil companies and a few world despots. Now we just need to do our part to keep demand for gas depressed so prices continue to head towards $41 a barrel.

Oil prices collapsing again today. Down to $78 a barrel. Expect another drop in gas prices.
Awesome, that could possibly be a whole $0.03 again here in PA. Down to $3.92, whoohoo!

Then again, I need premium, so it's still $4.75, and I have 3 hours on the road today and another 3 hours on Sunday.

Jumped up today to $5.07 a gallon here self serve regular from $4.89. Fortunately being retired a tank of gas lasts about 2 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter